Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Andersons Dietician

Season 3 of Sex Education is out.
Not gonna lie, it came on Netflix at 8am and I watched like 8hrs straight :rolleyes: really enjoyed it. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a show with as many good characters. That Aimee Lou-wood and her character are amazing. Quite like the aesthetic of it all and some of the set choices are brilliant.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Not gonna lie, it came on Netflix at 8am and I watched like 8hrs straight :rolleyes: really enjoyed it. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a show with as many good characters. That Aimee Lou-wood and her character are amazing. Quite like the aesthetic of it all and some of the set choices are brilliant.
Bloody hell :lol: it must have been engrained in your brain for the rest of the day

Massive Spanner

Brilliant isn’t it, I absolutely love Eric he’s such a good character and hilariously funny.
Yeah they're all great, I think that's why it's such a wholesome and enioyable show. So many likable characters. The lad who plays Otis is so good at being cringe, cracks me up.

Andersons Dietician

Yeah they're all great, I think that's why it's such a wholesome and enioyable show. So many likable characters. The lad who plays Otis is so good at being cringe, cracks me up.
Think you’ve hit the nail on the head here as even characters you would expect to hate like Adam, Ruby, even bloody Isaac and that weird kid from Game of thrones are all weirdly charming. Only one at times I find tedious is Orla. Viv, Jackson, Rahem, Steve, Anwar all add something to it. The music teacher and miss Sands. Brilliant, both of them.

actually
feck Isaac, he’s a dick

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
Think you’ve hit the nail on the head here as even characters you would expect to hate like Adam, Ruby, even bloody Isaac and that weird kid from Game of thrones are all weirdly charming. Only one at times I find tedious is Orla. Viv, Jackson, Rahem, Steve, Anwar all add something to it. The music teacher and miss Sands. Brilliant, both of them.

actually
feck Isaac, he’s a dick
Agreed on everything, especially the spoiler.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Klem (The Blood Pact) Finished season 2 last night of this Dutch crime drama. It starts of fairly slow in season 1 but just gets better and better. A tax inspector and recently released gangland murderer become unlikely allies in this gritty& gripping tale set in the suburbs of Amsterdam. Well worth a watch.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Watching Squid game on Netflix
Binged this over the weekend with my wife and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. Perhaps a few questions decisions from characters but overall good fun. Another great Redcafe tip

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Is Bones (2005) good ?
It’s two attractive people trying to solve crimes with the help of dark humor and sexual tension; sort like X-Files with forensics instead of ‘aliens’ and conspiracies. It didn’t have the same magic for me, but apparently a lot of people liked it because it lasted forever.

0le

Don't normally go for the ITV crime dramas but Manhunt is worth a watch. It's about how they caught Levi Bellfield. Last episode of 3 is tonight so catch it on ITV player.
I have not watched season 1 but season 2 started yesterday. Really enjoyed it. I found it a little bit creepy knowing that it is partly based on real life events. 3 more episodes, all broadcast every day at 9pm this week on ITV 1 up to and including Thursday.

Luke1995

It’s two attractive people trying to solve crimes with the help of dark humor and sexual tension; sort like X-Files with forensics instead of ‘aliens’ and conspiracies. It didn’t have the same magic for me, but apparently a lot of people liked it because it lasted forever.
Anything else similar but different that you liked ? Usually, shows with crime solving are good as long as the humor doesn't take centre stage. A more serious feeling is good for that kind of stuff.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
I have not watched season 1 but season 2 started yesterday. Really enjoyed it. I found it a little bit creepy knowing that it is partly based on real life events. 3 more episodes, all broadcast every day at 9pm this week on ITV 1 up to and including Thursday.
Yes mate I've got them recording this week as well. First episode was good, Clunes plays the part well.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Anything else similar but different that you liked ? Usually, shows with crime solving are good as long as the humor doesn't take centre stage. A more serious feeling is good for that kind of stuff.
Oh, don’t let me dissuade you. I’m a picky ol‘ bastard. The humor wasn’t center stage; they did subtle dark humor better than their peers. CSI or Law & Order or this would be the main shows that are sort of that ilk and time period that I would bother watching.

But normally I’d just watch Justified or The Killing…or something short from HBO like Sharp Objects or The Investigation for crime investigation drama. Or Bosch. Sorry I can’t be of more help. I know there’s been some good ones from across the pond from me.

Luke1995

Oh, don’t let me dissuade you. I’m a picky ol‘ bastard. The humor wasn’t center stage; they did subtle dark humor better than their peers. CSI or Law & Order or this would be the main shows that are sort of that ilk and time period that I would bother watching.

But normally I’d just watch Justified or The Killing…or something short from HBO like Sharp Objects or The Investigation for crime investigation drama. Or Bosch. Sorry I can’t be of more help. I know there’s been some good ones from across the pond from me.
Sure! Thanks for the reccomendattions and I'll give it a try. I did watch quite a lot of Law & Order back in the day so i'm sure i'll have the stomach for the darkest scenes.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Just watched the first season of Ted Lasso and it's pretty neat and wholesome. It also threw me for a loop because I knew that Rupert guy's voice and struggled to place it. Then it dawned on me: It's Herc from Cabin Pressure!

Massive Spanner

Just watched the first season of Ted Lasso and it's pretty neat and wholesome. It also threw me for a loop because I knew that Rupert guy's voice and struggled to place it. Then it dawned on me: It's Herc from Cabin Pressure!
Anthony Head? He's in loads of shit. He's one of the main actors in Buffy!

edcunited1878

For the Squid Game folks...#456 reminded me of a player but with a little bit longer hair and slightly older....and I laughed out loud while he was licking something during a recent episode when I finally made the connection!

Heung Son Min

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Klem (The Blood Pact) Finished season 2 last night of this Dutch crime drama. It starts of fairly slow in season 1 but just gets better and better. A tax inspector and recently released gangland murderer become unlikely allies in this gritty& gripping tale set in the suburbs of Amsterdam. Well worth a watch.
This sounds promising!

I started watching Billions a few weeks ago. It’s got a very good cast, great music and a strong enough story line to keep you entertained and guessing. So far it’s not totally top class but no real complaints either. It’s weird. It could be absolutely amazing but it doesn’t take itself seriously enough at critical moments or something. It could be really heavy and dark but it’s not. The guardian called the smartest stupid show on tv and I think that actually kind of nails it.

Bertie Wooster

Have you watched Criminal Minds?

That's my favourite all time TV show (apart from some sitcoms). I prefer the more polished, mainstream dramas rather than the more gritty ones. Criminal Minds was one of the few shows I've watched that kept the standard very high for all of its 15 series. They lost some good characters / actors along the way, but the writing quality never dipped.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
This sounds promising!

I started watching Billions a few weeks ago. It’s got a very good cast, great music and a strong enough story line to keep you entertained and guessing. So far it’s not totally top class but no real complaints either. It’s weird. It could be absolutely amazing but it doesn’t take itself seriously enough at critical moments or something. It could be really heavy and dark but it’s not. The guardian called the smartest stupid show on tv and I think that actually kind of nails it.
Finished "Klem" last night, it's excellent, highly recommended

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I've just finished the first season of The Boys and it's brilliant imo. Bit of a different take on super heroes with some humor thrown in every now and again.

Luke1995

Have you watched Criminal Minds?

That's my favourite all time TV show (apart from some sitcoms). I prefer the more polished, mainstream dramas rather than the more gritty ones. Criminal Minds was one of the few shows I've watched that kept the standard very high for all of its 15 series. They lost some good characters / actors along the way, but the writing quality never dipped.
I haven't. Will take a look at the plot.

I did watch the Alienist and a little bit of Mindhunter. Generally speaking, shows who take a specific look at the minds of the criminals are interesting. Most crime shows focus on solving the crimes itself.