Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Finished 'The Night Of' and thought it was a good mini series. Not particularly ground breaking, but well done and I enjoyed John Turturro's character. Only eight episodes so worth a watch if you're looking for a quick fix of crime and drama.
I enjoyed it but after starting well it plateaued IMO.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I am soooooo late to the party, but Top Boy is close to perfect. A couple of storyline’s jammed together too haphazardly but it’s Fcuking brilliant.

No point in judging it against the best multiple season works, but Anyone that rated ‘The Night Of’ and hasn’t checked out Top Boy needs to try harder.
Really good show too.

Has anyone seen the knick with Clive Owen? It’s really good.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt2937900/

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Just finished Only Murders in the Building on Hulu and really enjoyed it. Light, funny, and it's got a great cast.

JoaquinJoaquin

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
A lot of Netflix's animated stuff is shite but I've watched a few episodes of Inside Job and I like it. Good cast too with Lizzy Caplan and Christian Slater.

Meller

Season 7 of Bosch is very good, normally I find after a few seasons of a show, quality drops, but not Bosch, same quality all seasons.
Good to hear, loved the first 6 seasons but haven't been able to see season 7. Great show!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I just finished a show called Nine Perfect Strangers on Amazon Prime. It's a weird show with a great cast (Nicole Kidman, Bobby Canivale, Melissa McCarthy, Samara Weaving, Michael Shannon) and it kept me hooked until the end. Really enjoyed it but no one is talking about it at all?

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
3 seasons into The Bureau and it's outstanding. Don't remember who first recommended it here but I saw the rec here and had it on my list for almost a year. Finally got around to it and it was worth the wait. Love this show. Sad I only have 2 seasons left.

Denis79

Me and my wife just started watching Maid on Netflix, only on episode 3 but it seems promising.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I just finished a show called Nine Perfect Strangers on Amazon Prime. It's a weird show with a great cast (Nicole Kidman, Bobby Canivale, Melissa McCarthy, Samara Weaving, Michael Shannon) and it kept me hooked until the end. Really enjoyed it but no one is talking about it at all?
What I read of it was that it was watchable but totally forgettable. Didn't sound too enticing to be honest.

SirAnderson

3 seasons into The Bureau and it's outstanding. Don't remember who first recommended it here but I saw the rec here and had it on my list for almost a year. Finally got around to it and it was worth the wait. Love this show. Sad I only have 2 seasons left.
Oh yes, love me some Malotru. :drool:
One of the best spycraft series out there!
Felt the same but 5 seasons is where perfection lies aka Breaking Bad & The Wire.

lsd

The Oracle
Started Colin in Black and White on Netflix with Nick Offerman playing Colin Kaepernick's dad.

So far so good seems to be centred around Colin growing up a little bit like Young Rock even with the real Colin appearing every so often to expand on something we just watched.

choccy77

Bosch is fecking brilliant all the way. Can’t wait for the spin off!
Another 7 seasons of Bosch (if they write it well) Will be awesome.

So many posabilities
now he isn't a cop

Last edited by a moderator:

choccy77

I haven't seen it in this thread but I might be blind.
Well, its easy not to see if youre avoiding I guess.

Also was big public news for a while also hence, not so much of a spoiler.

Just lot's to look forward too soon!

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Well, its easy not to see if youre avoiding I guess.

Also was big public news for a while also hence, not so much of a spoiler.

Just lot's to look forward too soon!
If the thread isn‘t dedicated to the show, it’s still a spoiler. Especially for one that was aired within the last year.

Tarrou

I saw a great show on cults

Seduced: Inside the NXIVM Cult

Absolute insanity what went on in that one

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Season 7 of Bosch is very good, normally I find after a few seasons of a show, quality drops, but not Bosch, same quality all seasons.
They have always used source material and combined 2 books into each season. I assume they will continue with the new series.

choccy77

If the thread isn‘t dedicated to the show, it’s still a spoiler. Especially for one that was aired within the last year.
Understand totally.

But as others had already said previously what happens in the show, by the time I hit page 254 and mention it, i'm not spoiling anything IMO.

A spoiler is revealing a plot or end of a show or movie that hasn't come out yet or is currently on first run.

When said show publically does a press release before season 7 even airs and says they are doing a new spin off, clearly it isn't a spoiler in this instance.

Otherwise anything on streaming for past 10 years would be always a spoiler. There has to be a reasonable limit.

But I do get your point.

Lesson is, stay home and watch everything 24 hours a day hahaha

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Understand totally.

But as others had already said previously what happens in the show, by the time I hit page 254 and mention it, i'm not spoiling anything IMO.

A spoiler is revealing a plot or end of a show or movie that hasn't come out yet or is currently on first run.

When said show publically does a press release before season 7 even airs and says they are doing a new spin off, clearly it isn't a spoiler in this instance.

Otherwise anything on streaming for past 10 years would be always a spoiler. There has to be a reasonable limit.

But I do get your point.

Lesson is, stay home and watch everything 24 hours a day hahaha
Technically it is a spoiler as per the rules (see below) and you should be warned for it. However, I've only put your comment in spoiler tags this time.

- Any and all comment related to future developments must be placed in spoiler tags.
- future developments are defined as anything that hasn't been shown in an episode on TV somewhere in the world.

Last edited: