Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I saw a great show on cults

Seduced: Inside the NXIVM Cult

Absolute insanity what went on in that one
Imagine my shock when I saw Chloe from Smallville (I had a huge crush on her in that show) was a leader in a sex slavery cult.

She recently started her prison sentence.

choccy77

Technically it is a spoiler as per the rules (see below) and you should be warned for it. However, I've only put your comment in spoiler tags this time.

- Any and all comment related to future developments must be placed in spoiler tags.
- future developments are defined as anything that hasn't been shown in an episode on TV somewhere in the world.
So why hasn't the others been warned or spoilered also in this thread?

It was the actual reason I posted it in first place as others had before.

Simbo

Yes, Minister. I've just discovered this... What a blummin show!

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Yes, Minister. I've just discovered this... What a blummin show!
Oh man you are in for a treat - it is an absolute stone cold classic and so is Yes Prime Minister. Brilliant and hilarious - also still very very relevant.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
You are seriously overpaid then ;)

I appreciate that totally, no harm was meant in spoiling anything
I know which is why no warning. Easy to do especially as it is a widely know detail.

Unlike someone on here who just managed to give away the end of an upcoming film on Facebook :mad:

As for the pay :lol:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Dopesick on Hulu is quite good, a dramatization about the OxyContin epidemic’s beginning seen through the lenses of addicts, the government, the medical community, & Big Pharma.

It is equal parts nauseating & infuriating.

Hamnat

First batch of episodes from the League of Legends inspired 'Arcane' on Netflix dropped. I'm impressed its pretty good. I haven't played League in years but I found it engaging and well done even if you know nothing about the game. Art and animation is gorgeous I think. Almost every scene could be wallpaper.

youngrell

Highly recommend Maid on Netflix. It is infuriating, funny, depressing, heartbreaking and heartwarming in equal measure throughout.

Casting is superb too. I think the lead should be in for some awards.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
First batch of episodes from the League of Legends inspired 'Arcane' on Netflix dropped. I'm impressed its pretty good. I haven't played League in years but I found it engaging and well done even if you know nothing about the game. Art and animation is gorgeous I think. Almost every scene could be wallpaper.
Came in to post basically the exact same as this post.

Never played League, never will but I'm enjoying this a lot. It's the best looking animated show I've seen. The money gone into this must be insane.

Redjazz

Dopesick on Hulu is quite good, a dramatization about the OxyContin epidemic’s beginning seen through the lenses of addicts, the government, the medical community, & Big Pharma.

It is equal parts nauseating & infuriating.
Yeah, pretty good.
The Sacklers are a fine bunch of people.

Parma Dewol

Highly recommend Maid on Netflix. It is infuriating, funny, depressing, heartbreaking and heartwarming in equal measure throughout.

Casting is superb too. I think the lead should be in for some awards.
Just finished this and we both really enjoyed it. Loved the ending.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I have just started The Wire season 1 up to episode 4. I will see if it stands up to the big 3(Sopranos, Breaking Bad, and Mad Men)like everyone has told me. So far I’m hooked.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Finished The Lost Symbol last night. I usually love those kind of stories but I found it seriously tumescent shit and wouldn't recommend anyone wasting 8 hours or whatever it is on it.

Wooden actors in the main and a stupid plot with a shit ending.

Not impressed.

Roosney

Binged Elves (Nisser) on Netflix. It has to be the stupidest shit I've watched in years.
Annoying kid takes care of a hurt cgi baby monster elf or something.

I have no idea what the genre is or who's the target audience , most of it feels like a corny adventure story for kids/pre-teens, but then again there's some random gore elements in it.

The idea and setup was pretty good but they managed to make a huge mess out of it.

Simbo

Just finished first season of For All Mankind. Surprised me this one, reallly enjoyed it, best thing I've found on Apple TV so far.

Love the concept, alternative timeline of the space race as if it carried on, with actual moments of history sprinkled in. Found myself on wiki reading up on things a few times.

Ollie Derbyshire

I’d 2nd this, binged it and thought it was really good.

Ollie Derbyshire

Just finished first season of For All Mankind. Surprised me this one, reallly enjoyed it, best thing I've found on Apple TV so far.

Love the concept, alternative timeline of the space race as if it carried on, with actual moments of history sprinkled in. Found myself on wiki reading up on things a few times.
Yeah I’m going to start season 2 soon, have you tried Servant on Apple? There’s a lot of good shows on there, Morning Show, See, defending Jacob, Truth be Told. Also Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest are great comedies.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
It's probably been mentioned already but I'm loving The Detectorists. Really great TV, no stress, lots of heart and soul with an fantastic soundtrack.