Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Started Das Boot recently am into the 2nd season now.

Didn't think I would remain interested but it's damn good. Dark, grim and quite slow but really grips you.

CraftySoAndSo

Recently got Netflix for the first time and watching a show called Travelers, loving it so far. I see it only got 3 seasons before it got cancelled which is a shame.

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
Recently got Netflix for the first time and watching a show called Travelers, loving it so far. I see it only got 3 seasons before it got cancelled which is a shame.
It felt like they wrote themselves into a bit of a corner, still I really enjoyed my time with it.

RedDevilRoshi

Watchlist is just building up and definitely spoilt for choice!

Currently watching the Obi Wan series on Disney+ and still to watch both the latest seasons of The Boys & Stranger Things. Also Ms Marvel started today too. All of that and that’s not even before House of The Dragon and LOTR: The Rings of Power shows begin in the next 2/3 months.

Tarrou

Shining Girls is great, it starts off pretty slow but once it gets going it's fantastic

can't say too much without giving away the plot, but Jamie Bell and Elisabeth Moss are in it

Spoony

The People's President
I'm currently watching Godfather of Harlem which is great, Ted Lasso(good fun) and Kenobi (properly average).

Spoony

The People's President
In fact I've decided it's a massive let down. I want football. I want bizarre Yank bloke wins the CL. I don't give a stuff about cartoonish characters and their mental health issues nor do I care for the Americans obsession for the posh part of London. I've decided I hate this show.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
In fact I've decided it's a massive let down. I want football. I want bizarre Yank bloke wins the CL. I don't give a stuff about cartoonish characters and their mental health issues nor do I care for the Americans obsession for the posh part of London. I've decided I hate this show.
:lol: the second series is really poor compared to the first.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
I'm absolutely loving the sci-fi drama Night Sky with J.K. Simmons & Sissy Spacek. Some people might complain that its too slowly paced but this is its masterstroke as I've discovered. It's a wonderful character driven mystery that completely absorbed my attention. Can't wait for season 2, there has to be a season 2.

SirAnderson

Started Barry, on recommendation.
Decent start, crazy ploy, hit man turns actor and who sends a gun Fed Ex!!
I've watched the 2 seasons, but never really fully enjoyed it, first season was good though, but after season 2, I don't know, I was hoping for something more. Doesn't help that some of the characters are fecking annoying as hell. So right now I'm not so much in a hurry to watch season 3 that's finishing tomorrow.
Only thing that helps is that it's so short, can finish it in a day's sitting.

Don Juan Matus

I'm absolutely loving the sci-fi drama Night Sky with J.K. Simmons & Sissy Spacek. Some people might complain that its too slowly paced but this is its masterstroke as I've discovered. It's a wonderful character driven mystery that completely absorbed my attention. Can't wait for season 2, there has to be a season 2.
Thought it was excellent, the pace was just right for me.
Been quite a few good sci fi series released recently, Outer Range and From are a brilliant watch too if you haven't already seen them.

SirAnderson

Mmm, think I will still wait for a season 2 to drop, but sounds interesting.

A a different note, is that every time I see your name I keep remembering I need to finish the 2 seasons of El Marginal that is taking up space on my pc :lol:

pauldyson1uk

I've watched the 2 seasons, but never really fully enjoyed it, first season was good though, but after season 2, I don't know, I was hoping for something more. Doesn't help that some of the characters are fecking annoying as hell. So right now I'm not so much in a hurry to watch season 3 that's finishing tomorrow.
Only thing that helps is that it's so short, can finish it in a day's sitting.
I have watched up to S2 ep5 , while I am enjoying it, its not has good as I was expecting.
I feel the same , was expecting a bit more.
I will finish it off, but doubt I will ever watch it again.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Mmm, think I will still wait for a season 2 to drop, but sounds interesting.

A a different note, is that every time I see your name I keep remembering I need to finish the 2 seasons of El Marginal that is taking up space on my pc :lol:
Don't delete them !!!

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Thought it was excellent, the pace was just right for me.
Been quite a few good sci fi series released recently, Outer Range and From are a brilliant watch too if you haven't already seen them.
Agree completely. I greatly enjoyed both Night Sky and Outer Range. Excited for S2 from both of those. I have not seen From though but if it's on par with those, I'll definitely check it out.

Ahmer Baig

Watched the first episode of Prehistoric Planet yesterday with my dinosaur mad 6 year old son. Very impressive so far, just like Planet Earth but with dinosaurs.
Thank you for this. My son is 5 and loves dinosaurs. Will start watching this with him.

Roosney

Just wanted to say you guys are mint when it comes to good tv recommendations.
Tokyo Vice was excellent!
I usually end up disappointed with the recommendations from here. "Loved it" and "absolutely amazing" usually turn out to be "tacky and cheesy" and "facepalm bad" in my books.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Someone recommended Brassic. Thought it was very funny. The old men and their fights :lol:

"-Your pig is a cnut! - No, your pig is a cnut!

SirAnderson

I usually end up disappointed with the recommendations from here. "Loved it" and "absolutely amazing" usually turn out to be "tacky and cheesy" and "facepalm bad" in my books.
Things will always be subjective, and based on people's preference but I've found by and large fair accurate reviews.

Could also be poster based :wenger:

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Currently watching the Lincoln Lawyer which is really good. It is very like Amazons Bosch. Same writer of the books.

TheGame

Never really took notice of this series, and I see it has 6 seasons, and is rated at 8.7 on imdb, that's high.

What's it comparable to?
Sorry, just realised I didn't respond to this. I'm not really sure what I would compare it to because it's a unique concept and show. Great writing and acting but flicking between timelines and great storylines. Good to watch with your partner as well. I really enjoyed and it deserves that rating. It had a good conclusion as well which some shows don't.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Anyone seen From? Just finished season one and recommend it. Kind of Lost but it's a horror show. Will it be satisfying? Dunno yet, but so far so good