Anyone understand why we bought van de Beek?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stretender

Yeah I do. Because Pogba is rubbish and United will sell him in the next 12 months.

Pogba for all his hype is the most pointless player to have gone for fees in excess of 80 million. I hope Zidane saves us from this nightmare.

Van De Beek will be a United legend. Pogba will never be.

For once here, Manchester United had the vision and foresight.

If we are to succeed in any shape or form, Pogba has to go. Useless footballer.

EricEricDjembaDjemba

Inappropriate Content
I can't make a thread but this clown can. Why buy anyone ever? Why would you question a signing after two games except to be a reactionary prick?

iHicksy

I'd like to see a midfield of Bruno, VDB and fred/matic. Saw a stat today that Pogba had zero chances created, zero interceptions, zero tackles and the lowest pass accuracy in the team. We should milk VDB's energy and passing before we ruin him.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
It is kind of funny that so far we've bought two players who play in only two positions which don't need strengthening (GK/AM).

EDIT: Right, only VdB was bought.

Last edited:

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
It is kind of funny that so far we've bought two players who play in only two positions which don't need strengthening (GK/AM).
We only bought one player...

simplyared

The title of this thread and the question I'm asking is justifiable:
We sign a player 23 yrs who was nominated for Ballon D'or. He plays for his country and is a key player for the best club team in his country. A team with a long history and a team that went to the latter stages of the CL. He's ready to start yet we put him on the bench and bring him on in the 89th minute of a game where we are struggling in every department.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
Yeah I do. Because Pogba is rubbish and United will sell him in the next 12 months.

Pogba for all his hype is the most pointless player to have gone for fees in excess of 80 million. I hope Zidane saves us from this nightmare.

Van De Beek will be a United legend. Pogba will never be.

For once here, Manchester United had the vision and foresight.

If we are to succeed in any shape or form, Pogba has to go. Useless footballer.
Though Pogba is overrated on here and by pundits, when in form he can be a game changer. His passing and vision are exceptional. Sadly they are on rare display when he plays for us.

Pav1878

Very unfair on Fred there. He vastly improved last season.
Exactly, if anything Fred has been a better performer than Pogba over the past year. Pogba looks like a waste of space at the moment

Pav1878

After today’s “performance” from pogba, Donny should be starting next weekend.
Totally agree. I hope we are getting to the point now where even the likes of pogba aren't getting an automatic starring spot and we actually start playing players who are on form

Russky14

Cash in on Pogbs now. We can use the money towards Sancho & a centre back.

If not we can always do a special dividend for the Adams family.

Gopher Brown

In isolation he looks like a fairly baffling signing.

In context with the ‘world-class’ CB, LB and RW that we’re signing in the next few days, he’ll look like an inspired choice.

white text

Last edited:

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Like he’s anywhere good enough to replace Pogba. it would be like replacing Ronaldo with Valencia all over again.
I'm trying to think of the last game where that statement wouldn't have made me fall off the couch laughing. Spoiler alert: it wasn't today's game.

Last edited:

Green_Red

To win Serie A is the obvious answer, why else would we have bought him?

Mainoldo

Now this is a fair and worthy criticism that can be levelled at OGS instead of all the false agenda driven crap OleOUT crew come up with.

I agree that he needs benching for his own good.
Oh I wonder why your backing a poor decision when it comes to Pogba :lol:

You really don’t see your the biggest hypocrite on here.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Bruno Fernandes can play in CM. Van de Beek can play at CAM.

passing-wind

Donny and Pogba have absolutely nothing in common positionally, in terms of what they offer the team and genuine contribution. We will need a deeper playmaker to replace Pogba if he does leave.

manunited1919

The title of this thread and the question I'm asking is justifiable:
We sign a player 23 yrs who was nominated for Ballon D'or. He plays for his country and is a key player for the best club team in his country. A team with a long history and a team that went to the latter stages of the CL. He's ready to start yet we put him on the bench and bring him on in the 89th minute of a game where we are struggling in every department.
Does it occur to you that we haven’t had a preseason and the player isn’t bedded into the team yet? He will get more and more minutes soon enough. We need to rotate our midfield a bit more, or we will be burned out in a couple of months. Whether he is a starter or a rotation option we will know in a few months time. Either way, I expect him to get plenty of minutes.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Does it occur to you that we haven’t had a preseason and the player isn’t bedded into the team yet? He will get more and more minutes soon enough. We need to rotate our midfield a bit more, or we will be burned out in a couple of months. Whether he is a starter or a rotation option we will know in a few months time. Either way, I expect him to get plenty of minutes.
Further more the Dutch Eredivisie closed down in April and Donny won’t have played much more than the two international cameos at the start of this month. Nobody is match conditioned yet, but Donny is probably the least fit for such a long lay off. All in good time....

Red_toad

Simple question can somebody explain?
To improve our options, so Jesse, Pereira & Mata aren't relied on to be a quality replacement. He's also able to cover Pogba & Bruno. He's not the player I'd have wanted us to sign, but I can fully see why Ole wanted him. We seriously lack quality options. I imagine he'll prove his worth over the course of the season and you'll wonder why the hell you started this thread after 3 games!

slir32

Did you not see us first half of the season how poor we where with no Pogba and obviously Bruno?

POF

There's a valid point in the OP somewhere. It has surprised me that Ole has only played Van de Beek as a number 10 (or to the left at Wigan) so far.

If you sign a player as cover for your best player then they need to be able to play in other positions. That was one of the reasons why I wanted Grealish for the role. He would certainly have been better suited to the role VDB ended the game in.

When he came on vs Palace, Ole had to move Bruno to a deeper role. If bringing VDB on limits the impact of your best player, he'll struggle for a lot of game time.

ravi2

VDB is a talented player but he was bought because his price was right and he was in the right place at the right time...just like whats going on with Telles.
if there was serious competition for either, I doubt we would have landed either because Matt Judge is incompetent.

Icemav

Errrm so those mf-players we had on the field today were all better than him. Seems he's lower down the pecking order than Fred FFS!
He doesnt play the same position as Fred, or the position Pogba is now TRYING to play.

Pogba, Bruno and Donny all play the same position. Pogba is not a holding mid or dlp. We should sell him now and replace with top class holding mids.

We have literally engineered a Scholes, Lampard, Gerrard scenario. Terrible management.

Status
Not open for further replies.