Gaming Apex Legends (PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series)

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
The r-99 and prowler are insane when fully kitted. Peacekeeper is far too situational for my liking.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Played a few games today, it seems as though people are getting clued up to late jumping as i'm having firefights almost straight away now.
Last game I played we were running for the ring as we were far off and our team mate got killed way behind, too far to go back being in the dead zone and all, I got shot and downed a guy then kept running, then my other team mate fell so i had to try and go back as he was close, but ai got killed.
Love this game.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
What sets this apart from Fortnight, CoD and other Battle Royal games that I've struggled to get into?

Schmiznurf

What sets this apart from Fortnight, CoD and other Battle Royal games that I've struggled to get into?
No building, great heroes with differing abilities, focus on squad play, ping system which works so well. It's just got something about it that makes it fun as hell.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
No building, great heroes with differing abilities, focus on squad play, ping system which works so well. It's just got something about it that makes it fun as hell.
Yeah the ping system works really well, I was also surprised how smooth it runs in general, and more specifically the aiming and zooming, it just feels so nice. Looks nice as well, most weapons seem well balanced, and like you say it’s important to work together as a team.

I’d wait as they’re apparently introducing new legends in March so might be best having coins ready then.
Ah cool, I’ll definitely keep that in mind. Really enjoying the free legends anyway.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Got 3 wins tonight out of about 6 games with my friends. We’ve formed a tight little unit and work really well together. Finished my last game with 11 kills, wingman all the way! Absolutely love it.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Talking about squad play...just saw Shroud play a game with his two friends. They just hunted everyone and killed half the players (no exaggeration). Guy was never still even when he was looting and just zoomed about hunting squad after squad. The only squad play they did was "found them" and the other two rushed to get the first kills. Basically they assumed they were going to win so they were just competing for kills.

I'm playing a different game than they are.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Talking about squad play...just saw Shroud play a game with his two friends. They just hunted everyone and killed half the players (no exaggeration). Guy was never still even when he was looting and just zoomed about hunting squad after squad. The only squad play they did was "found them" and the other two rushed to get the first kills. Basically they assumed they were going to win so they were just competing for kills.

Wtf? Some people are insane. I'd probably end up in a match with people like that.

Do games like this even try to put you into games with other people of similar skill level ?

Schmiznurf

Damn, sounds liie they were on a real mission and were playing just liie the guys I played with yesterday who were always movong and hunting. Think in one game we killed a third of the players.

NinjaFletch

Anyone been lucky enough to get the legendary kraber sniper yet?

I just single handily won a game with it after my squad wiped early on.

Snow

Damn, sounds liie they were on a real mission and were playing just liie the guys I played with yesterday who were always movong and hunting. Think in one game we killed a third of the players.
I can say that I've honestly never felt as bad about my ability as something than after watching that stream. I've been playing FPS games all my life. Was fine with my CS abilities, fine with my PUBG abilities (even after having seen him). Fine with my football abilities even though I've been watching the pros all my life but this was something else. It was just so easy, quick and seamless and they weren't even coordinating.

Snow

Wtf? Some people are insane. I'd probably end up in a match with people like that.

Do games like this even try to put you into games with other people of similar skill level ?
He's basically a pro-like FPS player playing with friends because he's a pro-streamer. Not competing and therefor faffing about on Apex so you won't come across too many like him or his friends.

It depends on the game how they work. PUBG didn't have it for a good while. They might introduce it and I consider it likely but not yet. This is still pretty much a beta.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool

I was watching Dr Disrespect, Viss and Krafty on twitch in some sort of competition on Friday. The level of awareness of the map and where oponnents are going to go is on another level, not to mention their accuracy!

Snow

Oh yeah, from 50-100m and closer they basically don't miss very much. We're playing the same game as they are and at the same time playing a different game. I guess that's kind of the beauty with these BR games.

Halftrack

I usually hate BRs, but Ih'm loving this game. I think it's the quick turn-around from getting pasted to dropping back into action again, combined with the general look and feel of the game. The gunplay feels good, the movement is smooth, and the visuals are great. I also don't think it'll kill Fortnite, as they are different enough to be able to coexist, but I really like seeing Fortnite players getting mad about this game being good and getting attention.

Snow

Multiplied my average damage count per match today my making a change in playstyle. It pays off to be highly aggressive and get in close. Most people won't handle it too well, you'll get more gun practise and therefor get better and better. If you play it safe constantly like you would in PUBG you won't get much better.

Also when running try to drop the weapon as much as you can (equipping it again takes very little time) and now and again do a slide and immediately jump whilst running to get a small "boost".

Wrath is possibly "bugged" by having a smaller hitbox than the other characters so she's probably one of if not the best character. Besides her it's Lifeline or Pathfinder (assuming you git gud with his Q ability).

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Won my first round last night playing with randoms. I had 3 kills, one teammate had 4 and the last had 0 kills and 0 damage. No idea how we won tbf

The furthest I've ever got has been playing with randoms. I play with two friends and mic up usually but they're a bit shit at this :lol:

Tekkers

Anyone been lucky enough to get the legendary kraber sniper yet?

I just single handily won a game with it after my squad wiped early on.
Nice. I’ve used the Kraber but for me personally I’m not a big fan. Definitely prefer using the Mastiff.

R'hllor

He's basically a pro-like FPS player playing with friends because he's a pro-streamer. Not competing and therefor faffing about on Apex so you won't come across too many like him or his friends.

It depends on the game how they work. PUBG didn't have it for a good while. They might introduce it and I consider it likely but not yet. This is still pretty much a beta.
Shroud is mental when it comes to FPS, during his CS days he was regarded as best aim player hands down on NA. He isnt most entertaining streamer but the things he is pulling of in fps games, would describe him as Ronaldinho of fps. Apex is great platform for him to show not only his aim but movement too. Twitch rivals in Apex from week ago also placed a spotlight on a new kid in the block called Dizzy, just 18 years old, plays only one champ Wrath, proper fps gamer. Shroud even said how kid reminds him on Brax when he emerged first time in CS scene and thats some praise.

RedMist99

I absolutely love this game.

Got my first win last night. While Caustic's ability isn't that great in the open field, it is extremely useful in the final circle. The toxic gas causes chaos!

Snow

Shroud is mental when it comes to FPS, during his CS days he was regarded as best aim player hands down on NA. He isnt most entertaining streamer but the things he is pulling of in fps games, would describe him as Ronaldinho of fps. Apex is great platform for him to show not only his aim but movement too. Twitch rivals in Apex from week ago also placed a spotlight on a new kid in the block called Dizzy, just 18 years old, plays only one champ Wrath, proper fps gamer. Shroud even said how kid reminds him on Brax when he emerged first time in CS scene and thats some praise.
Yeah read about Dizzy yesterday. Before Apex he had around 20 followers. He's blown up now but apparently is such a tryhard (always the same gun and character) but makes sense if he's planning on becoming pro in the game and the very best, something that Shroud doesn't need to think about as he makes over $3 million a year from streaming. Also agree about this game showcasing Shroud's abilities to the maximum. Like you said, he's not very entertaining and that migth also be because his chat is awful which makes him almost unable to interact with it but he's just crazy good at this. Him and Dizzy were teaming up yesterday along with this other huge streamer who's name escapes me (great shooter, dresses flamboyantly). I wonder what's the point though crushing servers like that though. Just killing half the server and winning every game.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Pretty obvious but people are a lot better at this game than they were a week ago. Seems like I get downed instantly when I get into a fight, especially mid range.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Pretty obvious but people are a lot better at this game than they were a week ago. Seems like I get downed instantly when I get into a fight, especially mid range.
People are getting good with the Wingman, hopefully it's hit by the nerfbat soon.
Just a few hits with it, and you're gone. Meanwhile, i suck with it, and usually sticks to my 301 and Pisskeeper.

BluesJr

People are getting good with the Wingman, hopefully it's hit by the nerfbat soon.
Just a few hits with it, and you're gone. Meanwhile, i suck with it, and usually sticks to my 301 and Pisskeeper.
I know it’s wrong and illogical on my part but I think you’re a douche if you use a pistol in this game. Pistols just look so feeble compared to other weapons in FPS I can’t bring myself to use it no matter how good it is.

I’m aware I’m wrong it’s just one of those weird illogical things.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I know it’s wrong and illogical on my part but I think you’re a douche if you use a pistol in this game. Pistols just look so feeble compared to other weapons in FPS I can’t bring myself to use it no matter how good it is.

I’m aware I’m wrong it’s just one of those weird illogical things.
Yeah, a pistol shouldn't do more damage than shotguns and ARs, especially not when i suck at using it :lol:
But i have seen the top players play, and they all use some combination of spitfire,wingman,peacekeeper.

BluesJr

Yeah, a pistol shouldn't do more damage than shotguns and ARs, especially not when i suck at using it :lol:
But i have seen the top players play, and they all use some combination of spitfire,wingman,peacekeeper.
Yeah the wingman is essential if you want to be really good right now but I’m still not using it :lol:

Stactix

Most I've bashed a multiplayer game since MW2 i think, loving it.

2 games today, where my team mates leave before landing, most fun I've had in the games today. Constant action and it's very satisfying killing full squads.
I don't like how it only shows wins with 3 squad members alive, won multiple as a solo or a duo and they don't show up :(

Couple of tips, don't shoot the moment you see an enemy, find his team, get closer. Ambush if possible. The amount of times a rando has started shooting from 500m away and then we charge in to engage and get smacked.
Also, I tend to rarely trade for long in midrange fights. I'll either push or retreat. Waste of ammo & you'll be vulnerable to other teams.

Use headphones even cheap ones are better than tv/monitor audio.. the difference is pretty significant.

Once it boils down to the last 3 squads, I tend to wait, let them fight then charge in the moment one squad wins.
Also, watch kill list at this point. It's extremely handy as it can sometimes tell you how many members of the final squad are left.
Take your time when reviving, better you wait 10seconds and kill the last guy than revive and die midway.

Anyone playing this on Xbox one?
I am, although semi tempted to power up my PS4 as thats where everyone seeems to be -.-
I think we played Pubg together a while back.
Stactix95

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Does this game have a ranked mode, etc? I might give it a try. Was never a fan of multiplayer games, let alone FPS, but since I discovered Overwatch all that changed. If this will become the next big thing I want in on it too.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I just don't have the reactions for this stuff any more. I'm 43, have a disabled nerve damaged left hand and I just cannot compete with the folks who live their lives in these games.

Played five matches today and got one kill. At one point I even got the first 10 shots on some dude who just tanked it, then turned around and one shot me with something :lol:

I'd love to be good at this, but I'm pissing into the wind really.

Snow

Does this game have a ranked mode, etc? I might give it a try. Was never a fan of multiplayer games, let alone FPS, but since I discovered Overwatch all that changed. If this will become the next big thing I want in on it too.
It's already the next big thing. Caused damper in the Fortnite player base.

No ranked mode yet, it's basically an open beta. Lot of people have problems with crashes (I'm one of them) that happen for variety of reasons but you'll escape most of them by having Win10 and not an older graphics card even though any system will run it.

You're seeing all the great CS, CoD, PUBG, Battlefield players playing this and they are all great because this game is all about hitting the target and movement, two things noobs struggle with the most. You're also rewarded by being aggressive and if you have a team of 3 aggressive players that are all pretty good at shooting then you'll win game because there are a ton of 2-1 and 1-1-1 teams playing.

Adam-Utd

I just don't have the reactions for this stuff any more. I'm 43, have a disabled nerve damaged left hand and I just cannot compete with the folks who live their lives in these games.

Played five matches today and got one kill. At one point I even got the first 10 shots on some dude who just tanked it, then turned around and one shot me with something :lol:

I'd love to be good at this, but I'm pissing into the wind really.
It's not an easy game to jump into if you aren't used to FPS games. I'd say start with another game like battlefield to learn the ropes where you can have multiple lives. Once you get used to how to position yourself or when/when not to engage you'll be much better.

Timing in this game is everything really, and obviously aiming sure helps.

Simbo

Crashes have stopped for me (pc) since disabling origin in game.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
It's not an easy game to jump into if you aren't used to FPS games. I'd say start with another game like battlefield to learn the ropes where you can have multiple lives. Once you get used to how to position yourself or when/when not to engage you'll be much better.

Timing in this game is everything really, and obviously aiming sure helps.
Thanks. I should have mentioned that I'm over 2000 hours in destiny 1 and 2 combined and have played a tonne of pvp in both games and am competent there if not great.

I tried battlefield 1 and enjoyed it for a couple of weeks but then lost interest.

I reckon I need to team up in Apex with people who are talking to me and that will help a lot.

Adam-Utd

Thanks. I should have mentioned that I'm over 2000 hours in destiny 1 and 2 combined and have played a tonne of pvp in both games and am competent there if not great.

I tried battlefield 1 and enjoyed it for a couple of weeks but then lost interest.

I reckon I need to team up in Apex with people who are talking to me and that will help a lot.
Yeah communication helps a lot. It's such a fast paced game you need to know where your enemy is at all times.