Gaming Apex Legends (PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series)

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
The problem with ranked is playing with randoms. More often than not complete liabilities so it’s essential to play as Wraith or Path to make sure you have an escape route.
I certainly find that with unranked games, and playing Deja Loot has reminded me how many terrible players there are. More interested in finding golden loot than playing as a team.

In general when I’m playing platinum though I tend to have decent teammates. Would be cool to play regularly with someone though so you can build up an understanding. My mates have Xbox so I can’t play with them until they bring in cross play.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
The problem with ranked is playing with randoms. More often than not complete liabilities so it’s essential to play as Wraith or Path to make sure you have an escape route.
Randoms are the absolute fecking bane of my existence, I hate them so much.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I certainly find that with unranked games, and playing Deja Loot has reminded me how many terrible players there are. More interested in finding golden loot than playing as a team.

In general when I’m playing platinum though I tend to have decent teammates. Would be cool to play regularly with someone though so you can build up an understanding. My mates have Xbox so I can’t play with them until they bring in cross play.
You can get some decent teammates in plat but most of them lack game sense and don’t know when to take a fight or back out. So many stupid drops as well. The first few minutes of the game are so crucial in ranked.

BluesJr

Randoms are the absolute fecking bane of my existence, I hate them so much.
So annoying. I tried to grind solo to Pred last season, didn’t quite make it but got to diamond 2. This season ranked has been an absolute nightmare.

BluesJr

You must be very good at the game :lol:
Not that great, I'm ok! I play a lot with a friend who got to predator last season which has helped me a lot in learning how to play. Great game I love it.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Not that great, I'm ok! I play a lot with a friend who got to predator last season which has helped me a lot in learning how to play. Great game I love it.
Christ Predator must be insanely difficult. Think I am hitting my limit with platinum :lol: that said it’s much harder when you’re not playing with a regular teammate.

And yes, it’s a wonderful game.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Not playing tonight because my 2 mates that I always play with are both Liverpool fans.

I usually play better when I play with 1 friend and a random. Don't know why, maybe because I take it less seriously. Too passive in ranked I guess. I never play the game alone because I don't enjoy playing just with randoms.

BluesJr

No idea why people play CoD over this. It’s infinitely more fun. Bored of Kings Canyon though it’s too small.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
For my money, this has been the best season of Apex so far, especially now they've fixed the no reg issues. King's Canyon is absolutely brilliant at the moment.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
No idea why people play CoD over this. It’s infinitely more fun. Bored of Kings Canyon though it’s too small.
Totally agree. This has been by far the best BR for me.
Fast paced, polished for the most part and all round more fun.

Finally started back last night. It felt good after a few months off.
Got my friend on it, she's struggling as it's her first day with a mouse, but she'll get there, she was a plat player on xbox

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
For my money, this has been the best season of Apex so far, especially now they've fixed the no reg issues. King's Canyon is absolutely brilliant at the moment.
Yeah I'm really enjoying the season so far. Good to see the Wingman + Skullpiercer back too, and they've made Mirage much better.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Yeah I'm really enjoying the season so far. Good to see the Wingman + Skullpiercer back too, and they've made Mirage much better.
That reminds me! I wanted to take him in the firing range and test him out.
Clearly the best legend, just crap abilities :lol:

Edit: He seems pretty fun now, I'll be giving him a go I think!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Yeah it’s been an absolute blast, knocking down 2/3 players with a Wingman is about as satisfying as Apex gets. Not just Mirage but I think pretty much every champion is viable, they’ve done a really good job balancing the champions. As far as actual gameplay is concerned I think the game is as good as it’s ever going to be. They’re opening a studio dedicated solely to Apex so hopefully the game continues to get better, it’s easily my favourite game at the moment.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Yeah it’s been an absolute blast, knocking down 2/3 players with a Wingman is about as satisfying as Apex gets. Not just Mirage but I think pretty much every champion is viable, they’ve done a really good job balancing the champions. As far as actual gameplay is concerned I think the game is as good as it’s ever going to be. They’re opening a studio dedicated solely to Apex so hopefully the game continues to get better, it’s easily my favourite game at the moment.
Yeah I’d agree with all that! I have my preferred champions to play with of course but I really can’t fault any of them now.

Really wish they’d bring back the hop up for the alternator, that and a wingman and I was pretty fecking good.

And yeah I’m surprised this game isn’t more popular on here. @VeevaVee and @Solius too busy playing COD.

BluesJr

Caustic is now super strong. He was good before but now he’s absolutely ridiculous in the end circles, especially if a building is involved. Great character as well. They’ve done such a good job at giving each of them personalities and it’s starting to shine through.

Can’t wait to get Worlds Edge back though.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Caustic is now super strong. He was good before but now he’s absolutely ridiculous in the end circles, especially if a building is involved. Great character as well. They’ve done such a good job at giving each of them personalities and it’s starting to shine through.

Can’t wait to get Worlds Edge back though.
He’s so frustrating when you get trapped in a room with his gas, makes me want to smash my TV :lol:

BluesJr

He’s so frustrating when you get trapped in a room with his gas, makes me want to smash my TV :lol:
He's a very toxic boy in every sense of the word. Some of the videos people have made with him are so funny.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Mines pretty boring.
R-301 and R99
But I'll happily pick up the Flatline, Spitfire or Hemlok.

I avoid stuff like the wingman :lol:
I’m terrible with the Spitfire so I try to avoid that. Prowler with the selectfire hip up is probably my favourite weapon, followed by the R99. Always torn whether to pair it with the wingman or a sniper rifle (though I hate the Sentinel)

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I’m terrible with the Spitfire so I try to avoid that. Prowler with the selectfire hip up is probably my favourite weapon, followed by the R99. Always torn whether to pair it with the wingman or a sniper rifle (though I hate the Sentinel)
Last season I started to enjoy the prowler with the attachment, it's just finding both :lol:
My biggest gripe with snipers is just knocking someone from a good distance for them to just be revived by their team, so I tend to stick close to mid range

BluesJr

If you play with mates try rocking a double sentinel and timing your shots. Absolutely lethal.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
What’s everyone’s favourite set up?
Season 4 it was R99/Peacekeeper. Still prefer the R99 but I'm warming up to the Wingman which I usually avoided. After the inventory changes I prefer one of my guns to be Wingman/Mastiff/sniper.

Thought they've done well with balancing the guns each time. I don't mind the Flatline, I like Havoc now, Scout and Eva work fine. Basically I avoid the light pistols, Spitfire, Prowler, Triple Take, Mozambique as much as I can.

Big fan of the season 5 changes (bugs excluded). Mirage and Bloodhound are playable and Pathy isn't a must pick anymore. Happy to get Loba as the everchanging legend swapper playing with a Wraith and a Pathfinder.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Had some great games tonight. R99 and Wingman is my new favourite combo, it’s deadly. Also Caustic is the best character in the game.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Cross play coming in Autumn, and it’s also coming to the Switch.

Enjoying season 5 but really ready for that ranked mode to switch maps now. Prefer World’s Edge to King’s Canyon

BluesJr

Yeah crossplay will hopefully balance the matchmaking a bit it’s been quite sweaty in pubs recently.

Lifeline buff is huge and a change coming to Octane as well.

Bojan11

Oh wow, Elvis found a fourth game he likes. Well look at you.

BluesJr

People **** really hard for Warzone when they should be on this.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Bit disappointing they've made no changes at all to ranked this season. The new changes look fun but I don't think they've done enough to stop the season getting stale around the time the first split ends, as that's when I usually stop playing.