Gaming Apex Legends (PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series)

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
People are basic af. This game is on a completely different level.
I've pretty much stopped playing Apex entirely, but yeah it's a very good game. Core gameplay of it it miles better than any other BR on the market. I have no idea to this day what is so appealling about Warzone, I found it very dull after the initial hype.

Bosws87

I am surprised this game isn’t more popular on the Caf. Beats Warzone out the park.
Its because for a new player the game is a giant mess nothing is explained, no tutorial, just nothing.

Warzone is pick up and play and a lot simpler to introduce to another new player.

Bosws87

IIRC you have to play a tutorial when you first load up the game.
Yeh and it tells you how to pick up a gun shoot a target, use one ult and revive a team mate.

No mention of shields, upgrading shields, what the different colours mean.

Healing no mention of the different types of heals.

Its easy to say its a good game when you started in the early release of the game, but if you try and play it now the games a giant mess as you have no idea at all what anything means, that's also ignoring the terrible inventory screen which is complicated as hell to a new player.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Yeh and it tells you how to pick up a gun shoot a target, use one ult and revive a team mate.

No mention of shields, upgrading shields, what the different colours mean.

Healing no mention of the different types of heals.

Its easy to say its a good game when you started in the early release of the game, but if you try and play it now the games a giant mess as you have no idea at all what anything means.
you can work all that out in the tutorial when you equip the different armours. It isn’t hard!

Bosws87

you can work all that out in the tutorial when you equip the different armours. It isn’t hard!
You asked why its not as popular and i just gave you the reasons, its not a new player friendly game and if you don't have a friend that knows his stuff you are more then likely going to be put off it very quickly.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
You asked why its not as popular and i just gave you the reasons, its not a new player friendly game and if you don't have a friend that knows his stuff you are more then likely going to be put off it very quickly.
I asked why it isn’t as popular on here. It’s a very popular game worldwide. If you can’t figure out that different coloured shields have a higher defence after one playthrough then yeah maybe it isn’t for you.

Last edited:

Bosws87

I asked why it isn’t as popular on here. It’s a very popular game worldwide. If you can’t figure out that different coloured shields have a higher defence after one playthrough then yeah maybe it isn’t for you.
I play this game myself :lol:

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
My nephew is making so much money off this game it's unreal.
He's getting £300 a pop to get people to pred within a split and he's getting so many orders. It's actually crazy what people will pay for

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
My nephew is making so much money off this game it's unreal.
He's getting £300 a pop to get people to pred within a split and he's getting so many orders. It's actually crazy what people will pay for
If you had to tell somebody this in English, how would you say it?

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
If you had to tell somebody this in English, how would you say it?
So basically, Predator rank is the top rank in the game.
Every season you have two splits, so you can rank to pred, then split happens so you all drop back down, and then you can rank to it again.

So for half a season, he gets £300 to get somebody to Predator, and all they really gain from it is a few cosmetics.
But as these people aren't good enough to maintain top rank, they just drop out anyway

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
That’s impressive from your nephew.

Your definitely right about the teams. I find it’s fairly easy to get to Platinum but from there you really need to be making the latter stages of the game with kills to get some serious points. Because I just play on my own I’m at the mercy of the gods with who I’m teamed with. Some are good, others are absolutely terrible. Octanes just run away at the first sign of a fight and Cryptos just hide and fly that stupid thing around.

Also I’m really not happy with what they’ve done to Caustic. Was one of my favourite characters to play with but he’s pretty pointless now. Plus I don’t think Olympus is a great map for him personally.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
That’s impressive from your nephew.

Your definitely right about the teams. I find it’s fairly easy to get to Platinum but from there you really need to be making the latter stages of the game with kills to get some serious points. Because I just play on my own I’m at the mercy of the gods with who I’m teamed with. Some are good, others are absolutely terrible. Octanes just run away at the first sign of a fight and Cryptos just hide and fly that stupid thing around.

Also I’m really not happy with what they’ve done to Caustic. Was one of my favourite characters to play with but he’s pretty pointless now. Plus I don’t think Olympus is a great map for him personally.
I've not kept up to date with the characters so not sure what they've done with Caustic.
I also got to plat and hit a brick wall. But I played it a month or so back and even in bronze I felt so slow :lol: Deffo gotta keep at it to keep up to speed

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Half, if not more, of Predators are just cheaters/exploiters.

Paying people to get into that tier is so pathetic. What's gonna happen when you actually play a game there? You'll get crushed.

Same with people who pay to get 20 bomb/4K badges. You didn't get them. You sit on a throne of lies, cnuts!

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

Paying people to get into that tier is so pathetic. What's gonna happen when you actually play a game there? You'll get crushed.

Same with people who pay to get 20 bomb/4K badges. You didn't get them. You sit on a throne of lies, cnuts!
I honestly don’t know what pleasure people derive from cheating their way to victories. It’s quite sad.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I've not kept up to date with the characters so not sure what they've done with Caustic.
I also got to plat and hit a brick wall. But I played it a month or so back and even in bronze I felt so slow :lol: Deffo gotta keep at it to keep up to speed
They’ve reduced the damage his gas does. It used to do a fair amount but it doesn’t anymore. Think he needs to be looked again.

New season starts next Tuesday so get going again!

Slevs

likes to play with penises
If I download this game, can I join a caf group that plays regularly? I've never played this

Bosws87

I can play in the evenings, only play this occasionally so if you are expecting a decent player that knows the in's and out's i'm not that guy.

my game name is Yuffie if that's how the friend system works (steam version) pc player non of that controller crap if that bothers people.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship

There's nothing more satisfying than absolutely slapping the spunk out of someone with the 4k and 20 kill badges.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

I honestly don’t know what pleasure people derive from cheating their way to victories. It’s quite sad.
It's bizarre how their minds work. I've never got it.

I've been back into Phantom Forces on Roblox with my young sons (seriously, it's a very good and often surprisingly competitive game!) and the amount of people who cheat on something even like that is ridiculous. I mean, who would take your rank on that seriously? :lol:

Bosws87

Never properly committed to this game because i'd always join my mates on Warzone, but how anyone can prefer COD to this is insane, really enjoyed it the past few days.

Gun battles lasting for 5 minutes back and forth miles better then the insta death of warzone.

Runs great on pc solid lock of 190 fps, apparently it gets a some stutter issue if you go above that.

If anyone wants to play in the evenings my origin name is revolver2010 Steam name is Yuffie, not sure what you need!

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Never properly committed to this game because i'd always join my mates on Warzone, but how anyone can prefer COD to this is insane, really enjoyed it the past few days.

Gun battles lasting for 5 minutes back and forth miles better then the insta death of warzone.

Runs great on pc solid lock of 190 fps, apparently it gets a some stutter issue if you go above that.

If anyone wants to play in the evenings my origin name is revolver2010 Steam name is Yuffie, not sure what you need!
What rank are you? I’m platinum at the moment but they’ll be reset on Tuesday when the new season goes live.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
But yeah I only played Warzone once and it never really grabbed me the way Apex does. So much fun to be had. Wish they’d make the Kraber a regular weapon, I love that thing.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I've been reading about EOMM (Engagement Optimised Matchmaking). Apparently it's an EA thing where they throw the average or below average player a win every so often to keep them coming back. Apparently the sweet spot is 5%.

I've checked my stats; 3060 lifetime games, 155 wins. A winrate of 5.065%

I checked my stats this season; 971 games, 56 wins. A winrate of 5.76%

All my glory has been pity wins by an algorithm.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I've been reading about EOMM (Engagement Optimised Matchmaking). Apparently it's an EA thing where they throw the average or below average player a win every so often to keep them coming back. Apparently the sweet spot is 5%.

Your win rate is about a percentage higher than mine :(

Bosws87

Think they confirmed this isn't in Apex as i was literally just researching that as every game i seem to finish in the top 2 squads so i imagined it must be some skill based matchmaking as in this game terms i'm a completely new player.