Gaming Apex Legends (PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series)

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Same, I'm usually fine jumping into any FPS but my aim is all over the place on this, can't hit a damn thing.

Most my kills so far have probably come from the peacekeeper, not tried it as a sniper though, do you need an attachment to tighten its spread? I still don't like it mind you cos I keep missing my first shot and the wait until I can't fire the 2nd shot feels like an eternity.
Yeah, all about attachment, but i have no clue myself, guessing some high lvl barrel.
Wish i had tried when i found that legendary one, fully kitted.

Simbo

OK, dropped my video settings to absolute zero, turned off vsync, crushed my sensitivity settings and watched some Shroud gameplay. Don't know which of those has helped, but something has helped.

Tekkers

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Any of you tried the peacekeeper properly yet?
Heard/read that it's a good sniper too, with the right attachments, but i never dare trying it, i keep swapping it for more typhical sniper rifles. You can't have the best scopes on it, but still supposed to do really well on long range, and obviously close range at the same time.
I haven’t tried it as a sniper yet haha but it’s definitely the most effective weapon for close range encounters for sure.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Can't even play this game because of a known bug that they haven't fixed yet. Splash screen comes up and then nothing. Won't start.

Managed to get it started but had to try 7 different workarounds.

Last edited:

Halftrack

The games where I do feck all, I win.

The games where I get 5 or 6 kills, I lose.
Same. Just got carried by a couple of guys who between them killed close to half of the other players. I killed one, and revived a squadmate once. When I got turbomurdered, one of them risked his life to retrieve my banner, before they fought their way to the respawn thingy to get me back in the fight.

BR isn't something I normally enjoy. I'm decent at FPS games, but sometimes I'm having a shit round/session/day, and games like Battlefield allow me to still contribute when my aim and reflexes are off (by playing medic or support, or by going 60-0 in a bomber). Apex, though, is fun enough to play that I don't mind much when we spend 10 minutes running around building an arsenal, only to get absolutely slaughtered by the first enemy we encounter.

Last edited:

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
I should have waited with you :lol:
Nearly won again downed 2
Same. Just got carried by a couple of guys who between them killed close to half of the other players. I killed one, and revived a squadmate once. When I got turbomurdered, one of them risked his life to retrieve my banner, before they fought their way to the respawn thingy to get me back in the fight.
I've had that and done it for others, this game is so well balanced.

binary bot
Doing well is all about staying close together and trading kills. Trying to find a team capable of doing this when playing solo is almost impossible.

It's a really enjoyable game overall though. Some weapons are shit, and they seem to make up 90% of the loot when you drop. I'll find 10 EVA-8s to 1 decent gun. I can only seem to use SMGs anyway. The different abilities are really well balanced, and make gunfights interesting.

What's the obsession with dropping on the ship at the beginning?

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Doing well is all about staying close together and trading kills. Trying to find a team capable of doing this when playing solo is almost impossible.

It's a really enjoyable game overall though. Some weapons are shit, and they seem to make up 90% of the loot when you drop. I'll find 10 EVA-8s to 1 decent gun. I can only seem to use SMGs anyway. The different abilities are really well balanced, and make gunfights interesting.

Good loot on the cargo ship.

I prefer the pit though.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Good place to jump is the airbase by the sea, not only does it have a lot of the big loot things, plus all of the planes or whatever they are have tons of loot in them.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Good place to jump is the airbase by the sea, not only does it have a lot of the big loot things, plus all of the planes or whatever they are have tons of loot in them.
Imo the Swamps is the best place since no one usually lands there and it has high tier loot.

Vadim

Is this a solo game or do you play in teams?
You have to play in squad of 3 to really get the best of out it.

It’s good but I spend more time looting boxes than killing stuff. Much prefer older first person shooters online, this gets tedious after a few rounds.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive

It’s good but I spend more time looting boxes than killing stuff. Much prefer older first person shooters online, this gets tedious after a few rounds.
Ah ok. I’ve never got into the whole battle royale thing but enjoyed large team FPS in the past.

Might just stick to rocket league for now. Thanks.

Grylte

Feels so good when your team works well together, and you get the win in the end. But there are trolls and cnuts in this game aswell. Yesterday my 2 teammates marked a place, i was jumpmaster, and dropped where they marked. We died, and one of them yelled in his mic that "the jumpmaster is an idiot". Well thank you! Why didn't you use your mic to tell me to go somewhere else then, little boy?

According to the video i posted further up, the EVA-8 is aparantly one of the better guns. Personally not a fan of shotguns, i usually end up with an AR and a sniper. Seen many of the pros prefering the wingman and peacekeeper/EVA.

Hate the ship on the beginning, so random if you survive or not, i'd rather go where Schmiz suggests.

If the airbase is close to the end of the dropship line, i'll always go down there, or the area just north of it. Most teams have jumped off before we're on the middle of the map, and i prefer having looted before going into a fight.
The place down south is alright too, often get it alone, worst case one more squad, but that's ok. Water something, i think it's called?

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat

Yeah I think I'm starting to get bored with it and with the whole battle royale scene, then again I'm not really into shooter games unless it's single player so that could be it.

Grylte

Ah ok. I’ve never got into the whole battle royale thing but enjoyed large team FPS in the past.

Might just stick to rocket league for now. Thanks.
I tried most of the BRs, and this is the best of the lot, in my opinion. Runs very smooth even on my ancient pc. And it's free to play, so worth trying out.

Schmiznurf

Imo the Swamps is the best place since no one usually lands there and it has high tier loot.
Yeah, that's a good place too.
Feels so good when your team works well together, and you get the win in the end. But there are trolls and cnuts in this game aswell. Yesterday my 2 teammates marked a place, i was jumpmaster, and dropped where they marked. We died, and one of them yelled in his mic that "the jumpmaster is an idiot". Well thank you! Why didn't you use your mic to tell me to go somewhere else then, little boy?

According to the video i posted further up, the EVA-8 is aparantly one of the better guns. Personally not a fan of shotguns, i usually end up with an AR and a sniper. Seen many of the pros prefering the wingman and peacekeeper/EVA.

Hate the ship on the beginning, so random if you survive or not, i'd rather go where Schmiz suggests.

If the airbase is close to the end of the dropship line, i'll always go down there, or the area just north of it. Most teams have jumped off before we're on the middle of the map, and i prefer having looted before going into a fight.
The place down south is alright too, often get it alone, worst case one more squad, but that's ok. Water something, i think it's called?
Same, I much prefer waiting until the far end of the map. You get to be much more prepared for any fights.

Schmiznurf

So who is your preferred hero?

I main bloodhound, the scan and tracking abilities are brilliant, tracked a team with it yesterday and wiped them out.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax

I main bloodhound, the scan and tracking abilities are brilliant, tracked a team with it yesterday and wiped them out.
I usually go lifeline, always handy after big gun fight to get health.

Tekkers

Mirage or bloodhound

Grylte

Lifeline, but pick Bangalore or bloodhound if she's taken.
Saving up for Mirage, too bad i don't have as much time to play as i'd like :(

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Jesus Christ, the amount of jumpmasters who jump you into a deathtrap is ridiculous, I've started splitting off early and going a different direction to get gear before going into battle. They're always downed within a minute

Tekkers

Caustic or Bangalore. Use to be bloodhound.
I had heard a lot of bad reviews about Caustic but tried him yesterday and his ultimate ability is pretty great, if you manage to get anyone in the radius of the fog with the grenade its pretty much a free kill.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I had heard a lot of bad reviews about Caustic but tried him yesterday and his ultimate ability is pretty great, if you manage to get anyone in the radius of the fog with the grenade its pretty much a free kill.
Exactly. Less useful in open quarters though.

I find Bangalore's smoke equally great both defensively and offensively. A great tool to defend yourself and maybe escape if you need to, or to rush an opponent.

Schmiznurf

Jesus Christ, the amount of jumpmasters who jump you into a deathtrap is ridiculous, I've started splitting off early and going a different direction to get gear before going into battle. They're always downed within a minute
Tell me about it, all the jumpmasters i've had today have been shit and other times the other one who wasn't jumpmaster has decided to jump solo, it's ridiculous.

Tekkers

Tell me about it, all the jumpmasters i've had today have been shit and other times the other one who wasn't jumpmaster has decided to jump solo, it's ridiculous.
Yeah I am getting tired playing with some of these randomers who have no idea what they are doing aha, if anyone here knows what they are doing and wants to play a couple of games add me up my PSN is InsaneTekkers

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
All the jump masters I've had today have had a fascination with the loot ship, they're also not very good at fighting once they're on it.

Schmiznurf

Yeah I am getting tired playing with some of these randomers who have no idea what they are doing aha, if anyone here knows what they are doing and wants to play a couple of games add me up my PSN is InsaneTekkers
I'll add you later if that's ok, my psn is the same as here.

All the jump masters I've had today have had a fascination with the loot ship, they're also not very good at fighting once they're on it.
The loot ship kinda sucks, everyone likes it and the one time I landed there the loot wasn't all that good. Plus it's worse when they can't fight for shit but take everything first. Had a couple take the weapons right before I pressed.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Finally installed this one last night, spent most of the day playing it. I really quite like this game. More so because it is completely free, I didn't even have to buy a new PlayStation plus membership.

Been constantly relinquishing the drop off to someone else after trying it one time which I think is a pretty good thing to do until I know the map. Bloodhound guy is probably my favourite, but the fat sumo guy with the shields and actually all the other characters are pretty cool too. Especially when I started figuring out after a couple of games how the special powers or whatever they're called work.

Edit: we just won our first game, I had 2 kills doing 87 damage :lol:

Last edited:

Tekkers

I'll add you later if that's ok, my psn is the same as here.

The loot ship kinda sucks, everyone likes it and the one time I landed there the loot wasn't all that good. Plus it's worse when they can't fight for shit but take everything first. Had a couple take the weapons right before I pressed.
Yeah that’s cool, accepted. Yup loot ship just isn’t worth it