Gaming Apex Legends (PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
No, first heat shield should have been thrown down straight away. Lifeline's heal drone takes ring damage too, so only survives a few seconds, heat shield would have kept the drone out and healed both of you quicker.
Ah fair enough. Cheers!

Had a funny bit yesterday where three squads including mine all got caught outside of the ring. Like way behind it.

We all just started sprinting to get back in the ring. Occasionally trying to shoot at each other in vain. I could hear people being downed behind me whilst me and an enemy Gibraltar slid down into the ring. We were both fecked once we realised we were still alive though and a fight broke out between the two of us and we clearly both didn’t have much health or ammo. I managed to get high ground and took him out from there. Then one of my team mates arrived. We start healing for a second and then I hear “another squad is here!”. I look and two of them had just scrambled into the ring so we had to have a shooutout with them too. Managed to down them ok.

Was cool though. My first fight with the Gibraltar felt like we were the main characters in a movie fighting at the end.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Gibby is great. Not sure if you’re aware @Solius but you can revive teammates quicker as Gibraltar if you’re inside his shield.

Always worth checking where the ring is when you land, sometimes you can be miles away as you were and it can really feck you if you end up running into another team whilst weak.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Gibby is great. Not sure if you’re aware @Solius but you can revive teammates quicker as Gibraltar if you’re inside his shield.

Always worth checking where the ring is when you land, sometimes you can be miles away as you were and it can really feck you if you end up running into another team whilst weak.
Yeah I've used him a couple times but I mainly use Bloodhound. To the point where sometimes if he's taken i forget I'm not him and use my action thinking it's gonna scan :lol:

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Yeah I've used him a couple times but I mainly use Bloodhound. To the point where sometimes if he's taken i forget I'm not him and use my action thinking it's gonna scan :lol:
Pathfinder must be quite horrible to play on a controller.
How do you even grapple away quick with a precisely placed grapple?! :confused:

If you know how, i highly recommend him, he's amazing, and the only one i have played a bit every season.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Pathfinder must be quite horrible to play on a controller.
How do you even grapple away quick with a precisely placed grapple?! :confused:

If you know how, i highly recommend him, he's amazing, and the only one i have played a bit every season.
I've not found it too difficult. Every time I've grappled away they've just shot me as I've flown anyway.

Handy for outpacing the ring though.

I think I have enough things to unlock a legend soon. Which one should I go for?

Grylte

I've not found it too difficult. Every time I've grappled away they've just shot me as I've flown anyway.

I think I have enough things to unlock a legend soon. Which one should I go for?
I'm never hit when grappling away, it's important to find the right angle so you grapple diagonally forward, not straight up or straight forward.

Which legends do you have?
Are you looking for OP or fun?

I always loved Mirage and Caustic, but enjoy playing Loba (her passive is <3 ), Revenant and Octane too.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm never hit when grappling away, it's important to find the right angle so you grapple diagonally forward, not straight up or straight forward.

Which legends do you have?
Are you looking for OP or fun?

I always loved Mirage and Caustic, but enjoy playing Loba (her passive is <3 ), Revenant and Octane too.
I have the original ones. This would be my first unlock.

I guess one that suits my play-style. I'm quite cautious and like to try and outsmart rather than outgun.

Bosws87

Octane is super fun to play great character to learn the movement of the game with as much as everyone hates people that play him :lol:

if you are intending to play it competitively as you get more into it, revenant & gibby are a great character when playing in a proper trio that communicates.

From the above that you mentioned i'd be tempted to say seer if you like bloodhound he's basically just a better version, being able to see the HP and shields of enemies is so much information its basically broken you instantly know if you can push the enemy squad or not.

Grylte

I have the original ones. This would be my first unlock.

I guess one that suits my play-style. I'm quite cautious and like to try and outsmart rather than outgun.
Then i'd say Mirage or Caustic.
I just played alone in duos and took out 2 squads by camping in a room full of traps, and with traps to lock the door or each side :lol:

Mirage has the bamboozles and can go invisible to get away from trouble.

Those two also have my favourite voice lines :)

Loba is also alright to get out of trouble now that her bracelet has been fixed, or atleast improved, also her passive makes her see purple and yellow items through walls - i love that, but i'm a loot whore.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Then i'd say Mirage or Caustic.
I just played alone in duos and took out 2 squads by camping in a room full of traps, and with traps to lock the door or each side :lol:

Mirage has the bamboozles and can go invisible to get away from trouble.

Those two also have my favourite voice lines :)

Loba is also alright to get out of trouble now that her bracelet has been fixed, or atleast improved, also her passive makes her see purple and yellow items through walls - i love that, but i'm a loot whore.
Nice, thanks. Will take a look. Think I'm still a good few levels from an unlock.

Grylte

Are you one of those that carries on looting whilst your team is fighting?
Only if the team runs after someone 200m away right after we landed, and i don't have anything that i can hit with yet.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The amount of times I've ended up with just a pistol whilst my team take everything in sight.

Grylte

The amount of times I've ended up with just a pistol whilst my team take everything in sight.
If it's wingman or even Re-45, i guess i could take the fight, but not p20 or mozambique that i get most of the time.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
@Solius and I had some games last night - though he said he found the level of opponent much higher when he was with me in a part. Would the fact I’m level 500+ and him level 17 affect the matchmaking? I thought on unranked it was completely random.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
@Solius and I had some games last night - though he said he found the level of opponent much higher when he was with me in a part. Would the fact I’m level 500+ and him level 17 affect the matchmaking? I thought on unranked it was completely random.
What a flex

Grylte

Think it affects it, but i don't know the details.

Bosws87

Apex has skill based matchmaking and it’s based on the skill of the highest rated player.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
86 wins with Wattson, gonna retire her when I get the 100 badge and gonna main someone else.

What platforms do you play on?

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
It's baaed on a variety of factors such as k/d, recent records et al. It sets it acvording to the person who will get the better opponent, it's broken as feck though.

Bosws87

Be on all evening/afternoon if anyone wants to play ranked (silver2), unranked not bothered.

Grylte

Been playing solo today in duos, just fed up with the teammates i usually get.

Won last 2 games, not amazing damage, but i try to play smart and tactical instead of yoloing in like an idiot.
About 2000 dmg and 9 kills total in those 2 games.

Been trying out the charge rifle a bit, it's very useful to level up your armour with.

R-99 and Wingman/Charge rifle were the weapons i used, and Pathfinder.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Is there still an active community on apex? I've not played the game much for the last 2 years; pretty much since warzone battle royale came out.

Used to love playing as pathfinder but got a bit tired of the game after a while. Not sure whether it's worth getting back into.

Bosws87

Is there still an active community on apex? I've not played the game much for the last 2 years; pretty much since warzone battle royale came out.

Used to love playing as pathfinder but got a bit tired of the game after a while. Not sure whether it's worth getting back into.
Bigger then ever currently, with the majority of big streamers and top warzone players made the move to Apex.

As its widely agreed warzone is in a terrible state and the lack of a ranked system makes its long term appeal poor.

Schmiznurf

You again :smirk:

But yeah, very active

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Bigger then ever currently, with the majority of big streamers and top warzone players made the move to Apex.

As its widely agreed warzone is in a terrible state and the lack of a ranked system makes its long term appeal poor.
Does apex have much of an eSports scene now then? I was under the impression when I used to play that it wasn't possible to create private games and stuff which was a bit of a hindrance from a competitive pov.

Think I might go on and have a few games this week and see if I can get back into it. Do they still have that fancy sniper you can pick up; I used to love that thing.

Any of you play on PS4?

With regards to warzone. The normal mode is terribly boring, I've not played it since December. But I do quite enjoy rebirth as it's so fast paced.

You again :smirk:

But yeah, very active
Haha why you talking to yourself mate? You're my main account.

Bosws87

Does apex have much of an eSports scene now then? I was under the impression when I used to play that it wasn't possible to create private games and stuff which was a bit of a hindrance from a competitive pov.

Think I might go on and have a few games this week and see if I can get back into it. Do they still have that fancy sniper you can pick up; I used to love that thing.

Any of you play on PS4?

With regards to warzone. The normal mode is terribly boring, I've not played it since December. But I do quite enjoy rebirth as it's so fast paced.

I believe there is a pro scene not sure 100% i stick to the proper esports shooters for my fix (CS:GO, Valorant)

There is private matches i believe.

The Kraber yep the sniper rifle still exists, still a 1 shot headshot on anyone.

I've only recently started playing it properly myself in the last month or so, never gave it a fair chance but its miles better game then Warzone or any other the BR's i've played before now i have actually put some proper time into it.

Bosws87

Racked up my 20th victory not too bad for a month or so of proper play.

Schmiznurf

Any of you play on PS4?

They have a thing where you can create private matches for private tourneys and the esport scene is pretty big now, had a huge tournament recently, algs.

:lol: true, looks a bit weird using both accounts. I'm on ps4, but you'd know that already ;)