Music Aphex Twin

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Surprised there's no thread on the caf already.

Not a hardcore fan but definitely one of the most influential artists. Currently listening to Selected Ambient Works 85-92.

What are your albums/songs by him?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He grew up down my way and a lot of the older guys I used to know from raves/parties/events used to know him pretty well from his early days and he’s a bit of a weirdo and a bit of a twat by all accounts. Crazy talent though and massively influential to an extent that most people don’t have a clue.

Dan

You might want to check out his other aliases too, here’s a couple of releases.

The Tuss - Rushup Edge
Polygon Window - Surfing on Sine waves

I’ve been listening to some of his recent DJ sets where he plays some unreleased tracks.

About 1:22:44 into this

Withnail

Surprised there's no thread on the caf already.

Not a hardcore fan but definitely one of the most influential artists. Currently listening to Selected Ambient Works 85-92.

What are your albums/songs by him?
I like that one and used to listen to his stuff quite a bit. It's probably time to get back into it.

I'm also partial to a bit of Donkey Rhubarb. I remember the first time that video came on the chillout zone on MTV when we were coming down off trips. We didn't know what to make of it :lol:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I tend to listen to either Drukqs or Selected Ambient Works 85-92 atleast once a month.

Dan

He did upload a lot of unreleased SAW era tracks to his Soundcloud a few years back, check them out too. I do sometimes wonder how much unreleased music he has stockpiled over the years.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He did upload a lot of unreleased SAW era tracks to his Soundcloud a few years back, check them out too. I do sometimes wonder how much unreleased music he has stockpiled over the years.
100's I can imagine.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Absolute genius.

Unlike other acts I was heavily into during my teenage years, I never seem to tire of him either.

Probably down to the sheer volume of unique stuff he's put out under his many aliases.

Balljy

The golden age for me. Aphex Twin, Coldcut, Chemical Brothers, DJ Food and Orbital all around their peaks at the same time.

Never seen a bloke able to attach so many stories to himself like when he was supposed to have played with sandpaper instead of vinyl.

Used to love raving back in the day and he was an absolute legend of that scene. He's up there with the likes of Kraftwerk and Frankie Knuckles for electronic music.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Was only thinking recently that's it's been a while since he officially put anything out. Hopefully there's a new album on the horizon.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Crazy to think this is more than thirty years old and closer in time to Love Me Do than today:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Aphex Twin has also recorded music under the aliases AFX, Blue Calx, Bradley Strider, Caustic Window, Smojphace, GAK, Martin Tressider, Polygon Window, Power-Pill, Q-Chastic, Tahnaiya Russell, The Diceman, The Tuss, and Soit-P.P.

Why does he do that?

Dan

Aphex Twin has also recorded music under the aliases AFX, Blue Calx, Bradley Strider, Caustic Window, Smojphace, GAK, Martin Tressider, Polygon Window, Power-Pill, Q-Chastic, Tahnaiya Russell, The Diceman, The Tuss, and Soit-P.P.

Why does he do that?
I remember The Tuss releases coming out in 2007 and everyone speculating it was him, only years later did he confirm it, but we all knew at the time.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain

There was a period where this was just on loop for me for days on end.