Appointing Solskjaer was a mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

welshwingwizard

OGS took over a dreadful squad made by signings from Mourinho,Van Gaal and Moyes. He bought well this summer and has cleared out 7 players that had no future here execpt Herrera but he wanted a huge salary deal. We are still in need of getting rid of 7 to 8 players in Matic,Mata,Young,Rojo,Jones,Fred,Lingard,Bailly hardly likely to be a big part of United future teams. The sheer size of the rebuild is huge and there is no way getting around that. Have a look at the squad picture on Man Utd website and then find another club with as many homegrown youngsters as part of their squad. Regarding our attack being a mess then I suppose getting rid of Lukaku and Sanchez on freeing up funds to bring in a top striker in the coming windows must help us because neither of those players were going to work for us. Greenwood in my estimate is a tremendous talent, Martial had 2 goals and 1 assist in his first 3 games before getting injured, Rashford has the same(2goals+1 assist) and James has 3 goals as a winger in 4 games. Hardly a mess, is it? Room for improvement, yes I agree with you there as we are needing a striker and right winger. If Sancho is his target and can be bought at a later stage I would understand waiting for him. There are not many wingers with his stats. He had 12 goals and 14 assists last season and has 2 goals and 3 assists in 3 games this season. Him and a double your wages contract offer to Kane next summer? Plus 2 midfielders and things would start to look a whole lot different.
I don't know why its deemed too much to ask for a United manager to get the players playing in a cohesive plan better than the sum of their parts.

I don't get how so many can give a manager a pass until he gets the team full of his own purchases. Other managers don't get to buy their own teams. He is a coach so he should coach the players to be better.

Neville didn't help matters saying they'll be mutiny if Ole isn't appointed. Honestly some of our ex players are doing more harm than good.

Greck

Neville didn't help matters saying they'll be mutiny if Ole isn't appointed. Honestly some of our ex players are doing more harm than good.
What a twat. Luckily fans are realising he's too emotional and probably too much of a dick to be followed unconditionally. Can't even get simple points across without using extreme terms or phrases. Someone misses a penalty and it's borderline treachery

What a twat. Luckily fans are realising he's too emotional and probably too much of a dick to be followed unconditionally. Can't even get simple points across without using extreme terms or phrases
I know Neville meant well at the time, but those kinda comments aren't productive.

RedRob

"I believe. I believe there will be more. T
One concern I do have is the lack of creativity, and I don't just mean in the playing squad. When Saturday's lineup and bench were announced, did anyone think that Matic and Lingard wouldn't be two of the three players coming on? If we, a bunch of eejits on the internet, can preempt Solskjaer's tactical decisions, why on Earth would a bloke who's been in football for 35 years be caught out?

If he'd mixed it up at 1-1, with Southampton having just gone down to ten men, by switching to an attacking diamond or bringing Greenwood on immediately, it would have been much easier to say that things just didn't work out on the day. But let's be realistic: despite benefitting from either a penalty or a red card in every match this season, United have got five points, and it's because the football being played is far too predictable.

Jackal

We have the second highest net spend in the PL and that shows money for signings has not been the problem but it´s how we have invested that in players that has put us in this position that OGS is starting fix. None of the 7 he has let go where good enough and there are at least other 7 players from the squad that need to go in the next windows.
We have the highest net spend partly because we are obscenely notorious at selling our deadwood players at giveaway prices. Besides, our signings never addressed all the gaping holes in the squad. We had no RB and RW for about 5 seasons in a row.

Money for signings has been very poor. Until this season, our back 5 were mainly players bought by Fergie(DDG, Smalling, Valencia, Young and Jones). Those players have all been at United since 2011 and we all knew they needed to be replaced since 2014. Valencia became the default RB, same as Young. Both were 34 years of age.

How then can you say money for signings hasn't been a problem? Pep had everyone of his defenders replaced after 12 months. Bravo was bought and when he wasn't up to task, he was summarily demoted to the bench. You could point to one or two players that broke the transfer records but it's not the true picture.

If i bought one shoe for £500 and you bought 20 shoes for £40 each, you have spent more money than me. People would say "oh, he's spent loads of money he bought one shoe for a whooping sum of £500" but the reality is you have spent £300 more.

Last edited:

tomaldinho1

While I agree with you but I also feel that their parsimonious character has finally caught up with us. They are spending more in the past couple of years because they refused to do that after the sale of Ronaldo and the ensuing years. We are playing catch up and that is why we are in the pit we are now. If we had bought properly during the time City bought Aguero, Silva and Yaya Toure, we would have won more trophies and would have also positioned ourselves to be more attractive to elite talents.
I think football moved quite quickly into the absurd agent dominated world it is today and we were very slow to accept the change. I believe there are multiple examples of us being interested in players like Hazard and Aguero and then baulking at paying the added agent fees on top, something other clubs had no issue with and therefore secured some of the better PL transfers of the last decade or so.

If we look back over the years post SAF, we have signed arguably the most high profile players on paper but without any real plan of how to accommodate them. We've spent a huge amount of players who last 1 to 2 seasons and it's simply unacceptable when you look at every other club around us. I do think City are a bit unique in that Pep has infinite funds and he also inherited the core of that team but if you look at Liverpool, over multiple windows and losing Coutinho they've built a world class front three, world class defensive 5 (you could argue it'd be complete if they signed someone like Varane to partner VVD in my opinion) and a great midfield with a lot of depth in the same amount of time as we've cycled through about 3 different ways of playing and a whole host of under performing signings have come and gone.

I personally don't think money was ever a major issue, it's always been about scouting/lack of scouting and poor identification of talent.

luke511

I think Solskjaer would've been perfect for the DoF role.

Last edited:

Mihai

At this rate the mess will never be sorted out. Our transfer strategy really is all oved the place. We refuse to sign foreigners and somehow think the likes of James will be part of a title challenging side. Its almost like we as a club are living i our own world.
I didn't know Dybala is English.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I think we all have to get past this kind of excuse. The fans and former players aren't twisting Woodward's arm one bit. They don't make decisions on the back of what Neville says on Sky.

There are former Liverpool players who have been equally as critical of Liverpool until Klopp came in for balance too.

The truth is......we have owners who take money away. A CEO who hasn't got a clue and a novice manager. Nothing to do with Scholes, Neville and Rio. It's just bad planning and poor management.

Alabaster Codify7

We seem to be falling into the Moyes trap again. Moyes was clearly a disaster within a few months of his tenure but we persisted and persisted with him until it was mathematically impossible to get top 4 - probably because of Fergie's 'stick by your manager' speech. Well, you have to show yourself worthy of being stuck with in the first place. If everything you touch turns to shit, I'm sorry, you don't deserve the club to stick by you.

This is now happening again, with Ole. But instead of Fergie's speech, our dilemma this time is the fact that he's a United legend. Surely, he should be allowed some leeway and we should give him time? Well, like Moyes, not necessarily - we have won 3 of our last 16 games. That is not the form of a manager that deserves time. If Ole continues to under-perform in his position, he'll be gone like Moyes. Ole needs to raise his game and find something within this squad to start turning results around.

Sometimes you have to call a spade, a spade. Sometimes you have to look at what's right in front of your face and call it what it is. This is a poor squad being managed by a fairly poor manager who is clearly indecisive during the 90mins, returning pretty poor results.

Beagle

Things would have been a lot better if Ole had been able to sign a quality midfielder. That's one area where quality has been reduced by departure. The rest of the team is capable of pushing top 4 or even 3 if things fall in place.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
We seem to be falling into the Moyes trap again. Moyes was clearly a disaster within a few months of his tenure but we persisted and persisted with him until it was mathematically impossible to get top 4 - probably because of Fergie's 'stick by your manager' speech. Well, you have to show yourself worthy of being stuck with in the first place. If everything you touch turns to shit, I'm sorry, you don't deserve the club to stick by you.

This is now happening again, with Ole. But instead of Fergie's speech, our dilemma this time is the fact that he's a United legend. Surely, he should be allowed some leeway and we should give him time? Well, like Moyes, not necessarily - we have won 3 of our last 16 games. That is not the form of a manager that deserves time. If Ole continues to under-perform in his position, he'll be gone like Moyes. Ole needs to raise his game and find something within this squad to start turning results around.

Sometimes you have to call a spade, a spade. Sometimes you have to look at what's right in front of your face and call it what it is. This is a poor squad being managed by a fairly poor manager who is clearly indecisive during the 90mins, returning pretty poor results.
Biggest difference is that, we never had the crazy winning run at the start of Moyes tenure.

Greck

Things would have been a lot better if Ole had been able to sign a quality midfielder. That's one area where quality has been reduced by departure. The rest of the team is capable of pushing top 4 or even 3 if things fall in place.
This is what people expect but I feel like the CM would come in and be frustrated with the lack of movement and square passing. One player can't form a passing triangle by himself. That bit is coaching

Foxbatt

This is what people expect but I feel like the CM would come in and be frustrated with the lack of movement and square passing. One player can't form a passing triangle by himself. That bit is coaching
this seems to be something many do not seem to take into consideration. We do not have any triangles at all. So I wonder what the heck is Phelan and Carrick and whoever is on the coaching staff doing? Also our set pieces are horrible in both attacking and defending.

Mainoldo

And what do you think it would take to get the right players in? 100? 200? 300 million more? Or would you be happy just to sign anyone? And fact of the matter is, you have no idea what clubs or players the club have been talking to. The three players they did buy have been fantastic. Imagine keeping that track record for future signings.
Well maybe he should be director of football then. Always complex when it comes to United fans never simple. Maybe if he didn’t persist in thinking Pogba was a CDM he wouldn’t have signed a player like Gueye or a replacement for Herrera maybe a Partey. Talking to who? We aren’t the best at keeping stories in house we wanted flipping Longstaff. Im sorry but don’t be out here in March talking about your transfer committee and all I hear about is Longstaff and an inquiry for Eriksen. Yet again what was they discussing? United DNA?

dave1956

We talk a great deal about the manager on this forum, however, few threads are directed at the coaching and supporting staff. ( Yes I know that Ole has brought some of his own staff in ) but should they not be scrutinised for their performance and advice. I assume that Ole takes advice from his team when deciding who will play and the tactics for the game on how his squad have performed in training. If that feed back is poor then that certainly affects his team selection and tactics.
For example lets us look back on Lukaku, he certainly bulked up in his last twelve months with us and in my opinion this effected his performance. Now was this on the advice of the staff at OT., if not then the question arises did they not put into a training plan to rectify the problem or did Lukaku ignore their instructions. Either way were the staff informing the manager of their concerns.
I appreciate as fans we will not have an insight into that part of the club to enable us to draw a conclusion.

Dr. StrangeHate

Oh, I remember that period. The "youth policy' move effectively demoted Arsenal from title-contenders to also-rans. After a while, Wenger managed to convince Arsenal fans that finishing 4th is as good as winning the PL title. It was the darkest era of their history in modern times. They went 9 seasons without lifting a trophy and that happened with a man that possessed a wealth of experience.

Their squad downgraded from a talented/experienced side to a team of kids(Walcott, Gnabry, Jenkinson, Oxdale-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Szczesny and Wilshere) that never got near winning the league title. Our fans aren't aware that what befell Arsenal is coming for us. Whenever any board of a football club suddenly turns towards the youth for rebuilding, it's because they aren't interested in investing or they aren't interested in winning the big trophies.
We are way worse than Arsenal of Wenger. They atleast got 4th most times. Here we would be happy with 6th. Were Liverpool ever not competing for 4th during their barren run?

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
The football that we played under Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho was absolutely dire, do so many people forget that. At the moment we are playing some decent attacking football, with a fairly inexperienced squad, with the 'main man' supposedly wanting a move away. We have brought in two very good players, and a player with a lot of potential (who happens to be the leading scorer so far), got rid of some, players who did not fit, have brought a few academy players into the first team squad. This is part of a long process, and won't really be anywhere near fulfilled until we have a team and squad who want to play for this great club, yet some still want us to be up there with the likes of City and Pool. I firmly believe in what Ole and his coaching staff are doing, and think the current crop of academy lads, with several astute signings, will see us start to push for the top possibly next season, but more realistically, in a couple of season's time.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I think we all have to get past this kind of excuse. The fans and former players aren't twisting Woodward's arm one bit. They don't make decisions on the back of what Neville says on Sky.

There are former Liverpool players who have been equally as critical of Liverpool until Klopp came in for balance too.

The truth is......we have owners who take money away. A CEO who hasn't got a clue and a novice manager. Nothing to do with Scholes, Neville and Rio. It's just bad planning and poor management.
I agree. What is this trend that we're starting to see of giving Neville way too much influence on things ? He's just paid to talk and that's it.

Son

Some of our fans advocating 10th place is acceptable blows my mind just because Ole is in charge.

This blatant favouritism towards Manchester born and bred players has to stop too. Either shape up or get out. Madrid have produced many youth talents but not many get to play for them long due to higher standards enforced.

An insular mindset won’t win us trophies. City have already globalised and we can’t compete atm. We need a lot of outside help in the coming years from new coaches and poaching top backroom talent from around Europe to have any hope of catching up.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I think he'd have been perfect for the DoF role.
This is the same guy who went to Valencia with no plan and realized there was going to be a culture shock afterwards. No thanks. A proper DoF is someone who is in the pulse of things, already has a network of connections in world football and can liaise and work with agents, other directors, coaches at every level from academy to first team and even with players' families. That someone is not Neville and I don't think he even has the motivation to quit a very comfortable job and put in the hours needed for this kind of role.

sosolid4u09

People are confusing two issues.

1. Squad rebuild
2. Match day performances

Now, obviously the two are linked. But lack of signings and poor squad are no excuse for the poor performances since ole was made permanent. That's fine for games against the top 6 or for tough prem away games and i could even excuse ole for us finishing 6th by the end of the year. But i can't excuse him for the constant stream of poor performances and results since the psg game last year. Its a pretty big sample size

Shark

@NotShark

That’s not the only dilemma. Many fans are also stuck in this weird mindset that it’s not nothing to do with the manager at United anymore, when the club haven’t actually signed a world class manager since SAF retired. What makes it worse is they’ll happily see us finish 8th for three seasons running while we rebuild, because you can’t remain somewhat competitive while rebuilding as one of the biggest clubs in the world. It’s such a load of tripe.

fergie_god

That’s not the only dilemma. Many fans are also stuck in this weird mindset that it’s not nothing to do with the manager at United anymore, when the club haven’t actually signed a world class manager since SAF retired. What makes it worse is they’ll happily see us finish 8th for three seasons running while we rebuild, because you can’t remain somewhat competitive while rebuilding as one of the biggest clubs in the world. It’s such a load of tripe.
LVG and Jose were both world class managers. I think that everybody is arguing as if there’s one true way to fix our club. Whether that is spending a feck ton and bringing in 5 players or the current route of going for cheaper hungrier players. The truth is that both tactics have pros and cons and we’ve already failed with the Galacticos route and are now trying a different strategy. The one we are implementing will require more patience but at least its more in tune with the ethos of our club.

Similarly, we’ve tried getting world class managers and it hasn’t worked for one reason or another. While we haven’t been amazing under Ole the club and the manager are on the same wavelength in that they want to plan for the long term. The results we’ve been getting under him are pretty much on par if a little worse than can be expected from our current squad.

Personally although it’s frustrating to see us be painfully average for years, I’ve seen enough from Ole and other managers to think that other options are no way guaranteed to be any better and could potentially be much worse. We are just going to have to be patient until we can build a squad that can actually compete.

GBBQ

1. Squad rebuild

Now, obviously the two are linked. But lack of signings and poor squad are no excuse for the poor performances since ole was made permanent. That's fine for games against the top 6 or for tough prem away games and i could even excuse ole for us finishing 6th by the end of the year. But i can't excuse him for the constant stream of poor performances and results since the psg game last year. Its a pretty big sample size
Agreed. I like what he has done to get rid of deadwood and I like the players he has brought in but he should be able to set up the team to get 6 points from Crystal Palace and Southampton regardless of the investment (or lack thereof). They were hardly the form teams coming into the fixtures.

I think it was Vestergaard in his post match interview who mentioned that United had better players in every position. So we are 100% underperforming and that has to be on Ole.

hocane

It's no good getting rid of deadwood if you are not replacing them. All you are doing then is making the squad thinner and vulnerable.
I would 100 % take Lukaku back, proven goalscorer. Some of those sitters Rashford is missing Lukaku would put in the back of the net.

ArjenIsM3

It's no good getting rid of deadwood if you are not replacing them. All you are doing then is making the squad thinner and vulnerable.
I would 100 % take Lukaku back, proven goalscorer. Some of those sitters Rashford is missing Lukaku would put in the back of the net.
Oh come on. Are we already starting to talk up Lukaku? He is prone to missing absolute sitters himself. Did so for Inter last game and has done so for us many times.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah, Lukaku wasn't missing sitters. We would have been on 12 points if we had Lukaku and Sanchez.

Noc-Z

ffs
We've took 2 points from Southampton, Palace and Wolves. Look like relegation form to me. And yet I still believe Ole can be a success. He is working with the worst squad of players I've ever saw at this club. The chief exec. and owners appear to be completely inept at the footballing side of things. Ole is a cog in a machine that has been failing badly for a long long time.

God knows how Fergie got some of the results he did. But the squad was not being properly maintained even back then.

I don't think Ole is a mistake, I just think the job is that big. Getting rid of the deadwood is a good move. Maguire and Wan Bissaka look excellent signings and James looks promising.

But we need so much more. It can't all be done in one window though. We need a LB, 2CMs and a RW at least.

People wanted more signings in the summer and we sure needed them, but I don't think we were able to get all of our first choices. So we have gone with what we have. I agree with that. We could have gone and signed whatever CM and RW that would have come here and filled out the squad but that's partly why we're in the mess we are in now. Better to wait and get who we really want instead of making signings that will just end up as more deadwood.

I'm supporting Ole, God knows he needs support as the job he has as this club is a nightmare. A losing battle almost - between the Glazers, Woodward and the state of the squad it's that bad.

Every move he has made to adjust the squad has been a good move. The players out and the players in.

But at the same time I won't be surprised if we do end up a mid table club for years to come, but it wont be Oles fault.

Heschel

Supports
Nobody in Particular
We've took 2 points from Southampton, Palace and Wolves. Look like relegation form to me. And yet I still believe Ole can be a success. He is working with the worst squad of players I've ever saw at this club. The chief exec. and owners appear to be completely inept at the footballing side of things. Ole is a cog in a machine that has been failing badly for a long long time.

God knows how Fergie got some of the results he did. But the squad was not being properly maintained even back then.

I don't think Ole is a mistake, I just think the job is that big. Getting rid of the deadwood is a good move. Maguire and Wan Bissaka look excellent signings and James looks promising.

But we need so much more. It can't all be done in one window though. We need a LB, 2CMs and a RW at least.

People wanted more signings in the summer and we sure needed them, but I don't think we were able to get all of our first choices. So we have gone with what we have. I agree with that. We could have gone and signed whatever CM and RW that would have come here and filled out the squad but that's partly why we're in the mess we are in now. Better to wait and get who we really want instead of making signings that will just end up as more deadwood.

I'm supporting Ole, God knows he needs support as the job he has as this club is a nightmare. A losing battle almost - between the Glazers, Woodward and the state of the squad it's that bad.

Every move he has made to adjust the squad has been a good move. The players out and the players in.

But at the same time I won't be surprised if we do end up a mid table club for years to come, but it wont be Oles fault.
I find this interesting, because Jose finished 2nd with what you're calling the worst squad you've ever seen. How much time and patience does Ole get for winning 3 in the last 18, just because he scored a goal 20 years ago?

Beaucoup

1. Squad rebuild

Both down to the manager, our match day performances are as expected based on the poor squad.

Bestietom

Yes, we need to stick with Ole and let him finish the job of rebuilding. But we also need to be getting into Champions League to get in the top players to compete with the top clubs. Although the 3 players that we brought in this summer are proving to be very good buys, we are still SOME WAY behind City and Liverpool and the top teams in Europe.
The Glazers and Woody need to invest more and trust in Ole to get us back to where we belong, and Ole needs to do his job in leading us down this path. If both work together I'm sure we will get the results, if not there will be new managers and more changes every other year, and we will carry on being a top 6/7 team.

lysglimt

Scout
The irony is that OGS has done almost almost exactly what most fans have asked for.....

1) we got a new RB for Young
2) we got a new CD for Smalling
3) we off-loaded Alexis
4) we sold Fellaini
5) we didnt renew Valencias contract
6) we sold Darmian
7) we sent Smalling out on loan
8) we signed an exciting new winger who has maybe been our best player
9) he has benched Matic
10) he hasnt even included Jones on the bench
11) in the last game - he dropped Lingard.

Yes we have picked up too few Points and Our Squad is lacking a couple of players - but give him 2 more transfer Windows and I think we will have a pretty exciting squad and team. Or sack him - and you might risk getting a new manager who isn't doing exactly what all the fans want.

Bestietom

Those shouting for Ole's head are off their own head. He has made 3 very good signings and got rid of some of the deadwood. If we can bring in another 5/6 of the same ilk in the next couple of windows, we will be competing with the best.
Woodward must see to it that he is backed financially in the transfer market, but leave the dealings to someone else. I would be expecting the 63 scouts we have, to do their Job and have a couple of players ready for January.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I find this interesting, because Jose finished 2nd with what you're calling the worst squad you've ever seen. How much time and patience does Ole get for winning 3 in the last 18, just because he scored a goal 20 years ago?
Jose was also steering us on course to not even get to Europa League with the same squad, which is why he was fired.

How much time and patience does a manager get with his own squad? We're 4 games into his first season and the fans are baying for blood, despite our play indicating we might as well have won the games we drew or lost.

Manchester United fans have absolutely no patience for a rebuild of the squad to mold the team into a new Manchester United. It's a great, great shame. FOUR games into his first season. The mind boggles.

He signed 3 players this window. All of them have been absolutely fantastic. Of course 0 credit given for that, while he at the same time has to handle a roster that is: Not his, full of people who are past their prime (Mata, Matic, Jones, etc), a squad that couldnt do what he wanted them to do at the tail end of last season. And you know what, this same team dismantled Chelsea 4-0 at Old Trafford. So Technically we are 3 games into a unlucky results streak and that is the time it takes for the fans on Stretford End to lose their sh*t.

I absolutely hate how everything gets re-evaluated with every result sometimes. its exhausting.

Last edited:

El Zoido

Jose was also steering us on course to not even get to Europa League with the same squad, which is why he was fired.

How much time and patience does a manager get with his own squad? We're 4 games into his first season and the fans are baying for blood, despite our play indicating we might as well have won the games we drew or lost.

Manchester United fans have absolutely no patience for a rebuild of the squad to mold the team into a new Manchester United. It's a great, great shame. FOUR games into his first season. The mind boggles.
Everyone says we need a rebuild but then has zero patience for it. Building a good team takes time yet fans expect us to buy 8 world class players in the summer then immediately go and win the league. It just doesn’t work like that. I’ve seen enough this season already to see that this team has a ton of potential, and as the young players improve further and if we add just a couple more players, have a very high ceiling. It’s a shame the fans have no patience to see it happen and want Ole sacked so another guy can come in and burn it all down to start again.

TRUERED89

He signed 3 players this window. All of them have been absolutely fantastic. Of course 0 credit given for that, while he at the same time has to handle a roster that is: Not his, full of people who are past their prime (Mata, Matic, Jones, etc), a squad that couldnt do what he wanted them to do at the tail end of last season. And you know what, this same team dismantled Chelsea 4-0 at Old Trafford. So Technically we are 3 games into a unlucky results streak and that is the time it takes for the fans on Stratford End to lose their sh*t.

I absolutely hate how everything gets re-evaluated with every result sometimes. its exhausting.
Stratford End? Never heard of that!

Bestietom

Everyone says we need a rebuild but then has zero patience for it. Building a good team takes time yet fans expect us to buy 8 world class players in the summer then immediately go and win the league. It just doesn’t work like that. I’ve seen enough this season already to see that this team has a ton of potential, and as the young players improve further and if we add just a couple more players, have a very high ceiling. It’s a shame the fans have no patience to see it happen and want Ole sacked so another guy can come in and burn it all down to start again.
Agree, as long as Ole is backed and Woodward don't make promises he don't keep. In fact I would rather he stays away from the football side of things.

romufc

The irony is that OGS has done almost almost exactly what most fans have asked for.....

1) we got a new RB for Young
2) we got a new CD for Smalling
3) we off-loaded Alexis
4) we sold Fellaini
5) we didnt renew Valencias contract
6) we sold Darmian
7) we sent Smalling out on loan
8) we signed an exciting new winger who has maybe been our best player
9) he has benched Matic
10) he hasnt even included Jones on the bench
11) in the last game - he dropped Lingard.

Yes we have picked up too few Points and Our Squad is lacking a couple of players - but give him 2 more transfer Windows and I think we will have a pretty exciting squad and team. Or sack him - and you might risk getting a new manager who isn't doing exactly what all the fans want.
Exactly. Our fan group will consistently find criticism. If you look at it from last season, we are playing better, we seem to have improved however you can call it lack of depth, but you have to start from scratch to build a team.

We have personnel this year who will be given the chance, if not they will be replaced next year. I can see CM, CAM RW being a priority next summer.

On the performances, we have been unlucky in that our strikers have not been clinical enough and the opponent gets one chance and they take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.