Appointing Solskjaer was a mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Ed should bite the bullet and sack him now in order to save him the trouble of doing so in November. 6 defeats in 8 is unprecedented in it's awfulness. It's becoming increasingly clear that he hasn't got a clue how to turn the tide. United need a new manager and staff with a clear vision how to play progressive football.

A few months later and it's like Mourinho never left:

Still faffing about with the defense (is he really the man to shore up this defense?)
Still playing the same formation
Still willing to give the deadwood more chances
Still shunting Rashford to the wing
Still putting Matic straight back into the team
Still calling out the players in the press
Still talking about the past
Still negative

At least Mourinho would have had them fired up to come back from a losing position once in a while.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
A new manager won't fix anything. The problems at the club run deeper than at the manager level. Ed is the one who needs to be sacked.

Fooza

Sacking him now will be silly. But I have a feeling it'll be the same ol' story, he'll be here another 1-2years win nothing and get sacked. Only this time we wont have the 'bring in someone who knows the club' story. #

And the cycle will continue. Hope i'm wrong.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I guess people are now understanding the Amadaeus assessment that I was ridiculed for in the Ole thread :lol:.

It is not too late to sack him now, it will show conviction from our board for success. However, if his replacement is not Pochettino or maybe someone like Erik ten Hag, he deserve at least one season to buy his own players and implement his philosophy. Maybe get us back to how we were during honeymoon period.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I think Ole will step down at the end of the season if results don’t improve and a decent replacement can be found. Seems to me like someone who would have the clubs best interests at heart.

Bwuk

The issue is the squad, irregardless of whether Ole is the manager or not.

Honestly, how many players starting today have the ability to play in a championship winning side? How many of them get into City or Liverpool’s side?

Miles off the required standard.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I don’t think it was at all. I don’t think many people would be doing better/have done better.

We need good signings now.

Castia

It’s the players, they’re shite. The attitude and work rate is laughable, they’ve fecked up though because we know they can do it, we saw them playing like fecking Barcelona on crack for 4 weeks then the work rate dropped and our results have followed.

Put Poch or Klopp at the helm for 2 months and we’d be in the same shape.

Until we gut the entire squad, including Pogba we’ll be the same way.

Devil81

Pep couldn't get these players playing, Ole can't be blamed for bad recruitment and bad attitudes.

We've been overrated some of these lads something rotten and it's about times some were flogged for their bad attitude and effort.

Martial, Lukaku, Sanchez, Pogba and Matic, fecking flog them with the deadwood this summer. No of the named look they are trying for the club.

Stop blaming Ole, he's inherited a bad apple of a team.

MAME DIOUF 32

The biggest error was having no plan to make January changes. The squad is horrendous and Ole's bright start papered over that.

That being said, I don't understand the logic in giving him the contract so early. It's not like he was going anywhere.

OneUnited24

There are bigger issues than the manager but you have to wonder if ole is the right man to lead that rebuild. That has always been my concern with appointing him.

Snafu17

We can sack him sure, but the person appointing the new manager will be the exact same one that appointed Ole. Why would you think he'll do a better job now, when there's 5 less months to prepare?

Bojan11

Who agreed to give some of these shit players new contracts? If it was Ole then he needs to take some of the blame for thinking short term.

neilv93

I think Ole will step down at the end of the season if results don’t improve and a decent replacement can be found. Seems to me like someone who would have the clubs best interests at heart.
He's dreamed of this job and finally has it. Good guy n all but I can't see him stepping down without even having a crack at a transfer window to turn things around.

arthurka

It’s the players, they’re shite. The attitude and work rate is laughable, they’ve fecked up though because we know they can do it, we saw them playing like fecking Barcelona on crack for 4 weeks then the work rate dropped and our results have followed.

Put Poch or Klopp at the helm for 2 months and we’d be in the same shape.

Until we gut the entire squad, including Pogba we’ll be the same way.
This..
Fully agree.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That will not happen even if we lose the next 4. No chance.

Habs

Appointing him at that time was a mistake for sure. He can still turn this around by doing what is necessary, which is basically getting rid of most of the squad and starting fresh. I think most fans will accept a bad season next year as long as he does that in the summer. Does he have the balls to do that? I dont think so.

He'll do exactly what the past managers have done, keep these players around, who inevitably will get him sacked.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He’s fine. Give him players that are a little bit better than fecking useless.

Yakuza_devils

Genuine question. Have any big club appointed a manager and sack him 2-3 months down the road?

stubie

Ole’s not the problem

He’s the meat trapped in the rotten sandwich

acnumber9

It was certainly a mistake to do it when they did. There was always the danger of things turning to shit and then where are you left? Going into next season with another lame duck. Not that any of this is Solskjaer’s fault but what was gained by doing it?

TsuWave

can confirm i wasn't onboard with the appointment. at the very least, should have waited til end of the season.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I guess people are now understanding the Amadaeus assessment that I was ridiculed for in the Ole thread :lol:.

It is not too late to sack him now, it will show conviction from our board for success. However, if his replacement is not Pochettino or maybe someone like Erik ten Hag, he deserve at least one season to buy his own players and implement his philosophy. Maybe get us back to how we were during honeymoon period.
Love how you got that revenge jab in there :lol:

Eric7C

Referring to yourself in the third person now? Marvelous.
Edit: :lol:

Fracture90

Maybe a year or 10 from today it turns out it wasn't a mistake, but was it too soon to appoint him during the season when we were under no obligation to do so before the end of the season? Damn sure it was too soon.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He wont be sacked because the board will look like the bunch of clowns that they are. Worthless pieces of shite.

Ole will last until Christmas and then be sacked and head back to Molde because no other club will take him.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
He did enough to deserve the job, but that impact he had is so far in the past now.

Back him in the market, see what he brings to the table now. If it continues to be poor, then yes we have to continue the cycle of hire and fire.

Ace of Spades

No we have not, after a few months of playing out of their skin, the players are back at their usual pedestrian levels. This is the same shit we saw at the beginning of the season, only now they have nowhere to hide for the lack of effort.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don’t think it was at all. I don’t think many people would be doing better/have done better.

We need good signings now.
We all suspected that the incredible run was a bit of a new manager bounce, and having had to change the style that won him the games, as It was unsutainable with the lack of fitness, we're now seeing the Mourinho team back in action.

Sometimes you want it to get so crap, that serious action needs taking. This'll bin off any ideas that we just need a little tidy up, and we'll go full on for a squad shake up.

redpatron

don't worry smalling, jones, and young will make sure he leaves before they do. 6th manager for them incoming 2020 and more bumper contracts for this rotten core.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I don't see any style of play he wants to implement, other than "what we've been doing under SAF"
Harsh reality

JohnnyKills

Forget Solskjaer or Woodward - a lot of people in this forum should step down as they're clearly no use to the club.

All of that giddiness from people demanding he get the job after three games, and throwing playground insults at anyone who disagreed. No wonder we're in the mess we're in.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Imagine appointing Ole, a manger that relegated Cardiff and had some success in the mighty Norwegian league over somebody like Poch.

Just another laughable decision by Sir Ed Woodward and his cronies. Hopefully everyone can swallow their pride and walk away.

Siorac

Genuine question. Have any big club appointed a manager and sack him 2-3 months down the road?
Real Madrid and Lopetegui, for example. Benitez is another example: he hasn't lasted long at either Madrid or Inter.

But we shouldn't sack Ole because it doesn't matter. We're just always going to be shit, no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.