Television Arcane - Netflix (League of Legends show)

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Probably niche but this deserves a thread. It's fecking brilliant with stunning animation, some of the best I've seen, and great voice acting.

Also, it doesn't matter you've never played League of Legends. I've never played it and I'm not going to but still think it's great. First three episodes were released last week, second three today and final three next week.

Imagine Dragons are the most basic bitches of music but it's a cool intro...

They even did an animated music video...

They've poured crazy money into this series. Hope it pays off because it's great so far.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's so so good.

People will take a look and think it's related to a game so it must be rubbish - please don't be fooled by that.

A - you don't need to know anything about the game, the story is based around the character lore and is a prequel.

B - It's animated but some of the best artwork I've seen in a TV show. I won't give any spoilers but there's a fight scene where some of the punches/kicks look and feel so realistic. it's honestly great.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
It's so so good.

People will take a look and think it's related to a game so it must be rubbish - please don't be fooled by that.

A - you don't need to know anything about the game, the story is based around the character lore and is a prequel.

B - It's animated but some of the best artwork I've seen in a TV show. I won't give any spoilers but there's a fight scene where some of the punches/kicks look and feel so realistic. it's honestly great.
It's definitely good. Just saw it and it has superb art, animation, voice acting and music. The story is good too though if you're familiar with the game , you might be aware of some key plot points

Good time to catch up as the next three episodes are out in a few hours

Bosws87

Used to love the game and still watch it as an Esport regularly, only managed the 1st episode so far was pretty disappointed was expecting all the characters and abilities from the game maybe that comes later on!

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Used to love the game and still watch it as an Esport regularly, only managed the 1st episode so far was pretty disappointed was expecting all the characters and abilities from the game maybe that comes later on!
It's set in Piltover and Zaun so I think only the champions from those regions will make an appearance. So far I count about 10 champions , probably end up with around 15/20 total by the end.

Simbo

Yeh pretty good. There's only 3 episodes on netflix though, where's the 2nd three? Or it on US time?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yep. Stunning show so far. This whole release 3 episodes every X days is maddening though :mad:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I have too many good things to say about this.

The tension at the end of episode 3 is something else and the voice actress for Powder is fantastic. It was weird seeing such realistic bawling crying in an animated show. Snots and all.

Hollywood always forgets about the snots when someone breaks down crying :lol:

Andersons Dietician

So I have absolutely no idea what League of Legends is but what I do know is Arcane is brilliant and the character Powder/Jinyx and what they’ve done with her is amazing. Reminds me a bit of a Harley Quinn but she is so fascinating. Honestly can’t wait for the next 3 episodes to drop on the 20th.

Just brilliant the whole thing.

Gotta give props to a fight scene. I’d never seen Naruto before and recently watched that and was amazed that in a particular fight scene they took the time to make some of the exchanges more realistic. I think this however just took it to another level. It was so simple yet brilliantly done. No need for massive flashy moves, just simply face to fists and it looked amazing.

Have I mentioned how amazing the character Jinyx is?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Great second batch of episodes. I'll be sad when it finishes next week, its so good.

Not gonna try the full League game but I'm gonna give the mobile game a try. It might be a bit less intensive.

ChaddyP

Watched all released episodes today. Never played League in my life. Had no idea what it was about other than seeing it played on Twitch a few times.

Visually it's stunning. It's extremely captivating and I can't wait for next week. Glad I found it and decided to watch

Minkaro

League of Legends has a decent fake band called Pentakill, and they’re using Imagine Dragons?

Unforgivable.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
It’s absolutely awesome, have never played league but it's irrelevant.

I think one of the best anime shows around.

Adam-Utd

League of Legends has a decent fake band called Pentakill, and they’re using Imagine Dragons?

Unforgivable.
imagine dragons has been entwined with league for a long time. Remember their song warrior?

that was actually wrote for the league world finals.

I guess it’s a thank you to them as much as being cool for them as fans also.

Minkaro

imagine dragons has been entwined with league for a long time. Remember their song warrior?

that was actually wrote for the league world finals.

I guess it’s a thank you to them as much as being cool for them as fans also.

Don’t you bring your valid reasons in here :mad: Give me Pentakill or give me…something else, probably.

Adam-Utd

Don’t you bring your valid reasons in here :mad: Give me Pentakill or give me…something else, probably.
They're pretty good at using the music from the universe so i'm sure they'll use something at some point.

I'm just not sure a lot of the pentakill music will suit the Arcane style though.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
This definitely has potential, and the animation is as beautiful as described.

Is it just me, or is that husky kid the same guy as from FFVII? Wedge I think, Biggs’ friend.

Last edited:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I haven't played the games and generally know nothing about the universe, but I've really enjoyed the first three episodes. It's great animation work and some gripping action. The story has enough about it to want more too.

Dante

Average bang
I'm planning to download and watch all 9 episodes in one go.

But I don't want to be dragged into a new lore that lasts 6 seasons and gradually draws more content from the video game.

I know it's probably to early to say for certain. But are these 9 episodes going to be a complete and self contained story? Or do you guys envisage this being the start of something longer lasting?

I guess Netflix have already proven in the past that they can be trusted to produce a short-form TV show out of a franchise like this. Castlevania was brilliant.

Adam-Utd

I'm planning to download and watch all 9 episodes in one go.

But I don't want to be dragged into a new lore that lasts 6 seasons and gradually draws more content from the video game.

I know it's probably to early to say for certain. But are these 9 episodes going to be a complete and self contained story? Or do you guys envisage this being the start of something longer lasting?

I guess Netflix have already proven in the past that they can be trusted to produce a short-form TV show out of a franchise like this. Castlevania was brilliant.
So the world of Runeterra is huge, they have over 150 playable characters in league of legends - each with their own lore/story. I suspect if they make another show it'll be other characters and their own stories.

There's plenty more of Piltover/Zaun that they can show if they want to, but apparently this series has been made over 6 years. Who knows what else they've got in the pipeline or if they've already started others.

I think just enjoy the show for what it is, we will see how they decide to end/continue it in the next 3 episodes.

Ekeke

Compared to what I was expecting this blew me away. I expected not to care about any of the characters, that was the case with league afterall. But by the end of episode 3 the show had done that. Binged all 9 episodes and cant wait for more

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Don't know how true it is but I read on Reddit that every episode had a budget of $10 million. I'd believe it.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It’s actually shockingly good. Like how can a tv show based on a shite game like League of Legends be so good.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Do I need to know anything about League Of Legends to watch this?

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I barely know what a DOTA or League of Legends is, and this show is absolutely fantastic. The animation is stunning, the acting and so far plot have been superb too. Wonderful stuff.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Not a thing.

Eight episodes in now. This is REALLY good. Like Game of Thrones good. Enjoying it way more than I enjoyed Squid Game. Surprised this isn’t being talked about much more than it is.
It's a huge hit for Netflix...

Doesn't even register on Irish Netflix, we're too busy watching Young Sheldon and Pretty Little Liars...

I've watched the Jinx vs Ekko showdown around a dozen times now. It's amazing.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Eight episodes in now. This is REALLY good. Like Game of Thrones good. Enjoying it way more than I enjoyed Squid Game. Surprised this isn’t being talked about much more than it is.
The ninth and last is as good if not better. Never seen an animated show get so much emotion across and seem realistic
Nope. I was a newbie a week or so ago, watched them all in a few days. May watch them all again

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Not a thing.

It's a huge hit for Netflix...

Doesn't even register on Irish Netflix, we're too busy watching Young Sheldon and Pretty Little Liars...

I've watched the Jinx vs Ekko showdown around a dozen times now. It's amazing.

Interesting it’s such a big hit. I haven’t seen it hit the mainstream media in the same way that stuff like GOT or Squid Game did. Maybe it will soon.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Finished it at the weekend. Such a fantastic show. Like watching a live action painting at times. Everything about it was top notch and Powder and Vi are such brilliant characters. Hope we don't have to wait too long for a season two but you'd imagine it takes a while to make this.

AaronRedDevil

Just binged watched this today. Oh my GOD. What a show, this is without a doubt my favourite animated show on Netflix. Everything about it was just fecking brilliant. I’ve never played League of Legends or know a single thing about it. But wow. The characters were very well done. I loved Jinx. The animation on her was insane. Im completely blown away by how good it is. I want to binged watch it all again. Ah! I can’t wait for season 2. I’m giddy after watching it. What a rollercoaster.

Adam-Utd

Interesting it’s such a big hit. I haven’t seen it hit the mainstream media in the same way that stuff like GOT or Squid Game did. Maybe it will soon.
it was/is the most popular game in the world so i’d imagine the target audience all knew about it way before it came out.

slowly the hype will build through word of mouth/recommendations to people that don’t know anything about it.

As a game player myself i’m amazed at how great of a job they’ve done.

They always did really good short cinematics for their characters but this is another level

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Just watched the first three episodes. I don't like anime and never played the game but this is brilliant so far.

Also Councillor Medarda is sexy af.