Music Arctic Monkeys

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I like a few tracks on each, but when I say they disappoint me more and more, I'm starting from a very high point with whatever people say I am and favourite worst nightmare being 2 of my favourite albums. With each new album they move further and further from that style which I love.
I love how they’ve changed the tone of each album whilst still sounding like the northern indie rock band we know n love. That’s why people don’t really like tranquility base, it’s very different. But it’s still very arctic monkeys.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Grown on me a lot. Liking it but it’s not my favourite of theirs.

Science Fiction reminds me of a Last Shadow Puppets song.

Lennon7

Grown on me a lot. Liking it but it’s not my favourite of theirs.

Science Fiction reminds me of a Last Shadow Puppets song.
Think I saw somewhere he said he wrote it alongside Evertrhing You’ve Come To Expect (the title song).

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I like the title track. The bassline's fun to play.

Also, the transition from One Point Perspective to American Sports is cool af.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I like the title track. The bassline's fun to play.

Also, the transition from One Point Perspective to American Sports is cool af.
Just listening to this album again and I didn’t notice that it actually transitioned into the next song. Thought it was all the same song.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Never listened to this band but one of my best mates is a die hard fan so he forced me and I wrote like this album and AM. 4/5 is my fav tune so far.

I met Alex Turner a while back. Doesn't seem like the same bloke.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Never listened to this band but one of my best mates is a die hard fan so he forced me and I wrote like this album and AM. 4/5 is my fav tune so far.

I met Alex Turner a while back. Doesn't seem like the same bloke.
Did Alex give you credit?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
“Grown on me” is usually code for “forced myself to like it” but I’ll give it another listen.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
“Grown on me” is usually code for “forced myself to like it” but I’ll give it another listen.
Nonsense. I find my favourite albums/songs have always been growers. Those songs have more staying power than catchy ones you like on the first listen.

An example albeit maybe not a good one but originally my favourite track on Beerbongs & Bentleys was Better Now and now I think it's a bit crap. I always end up preferring the growers.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Nonsense. I find my favourite albums/songs have always been growers. Those songs have more staying power than catchy ones you like on the first listen.

An example albeit maybe not a good one but originally my favourite track on Beerbongs & Bentleys was Better Now and now I think it's a bit crap. I always end up preferring the growers.
No, opinion. Moving on...

Edit: my post was about what I usually think when I say “grown on me”, not other folk Solius!

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero

Lennon7

Live at the BBC on BBC1 tonight at 11pm if anyone is interested. Heard their set last night in radio 1. Decent mixture of old and new songs.
BBC2 I think, but yeah looks good.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Been following some of the recent gigs and pleased to see 505 and A Certain Romance getting played. Hope that continues for the gig I’m going to.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
New album is a bit weird and I'm not a massive fan. It's an interesting idea but it feels like it can't sustain itself across the whole album. It gives an impressionistic vibe reminiscent of something like a Philip K. Dick novel crossed with the BBC Radiophonic Workshop, then filtered through Turner's moody attempt to reimagine himself as the Antoine Doinel of contemporary society, but ends up feeling misjudged because everything outside of the first four songs is simply a lesser version of the first four songs.

Personally I prefer The Last Shadow Puppets second album by a magnitude of fifty million. American Sports is a cracking tune, though.

Last edited:

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Their set at TRNSMT was fantastic. Highly recommend a listen for those that haven't already.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Can't wait!!

Loved their last two albums for different reasons
They've been really consistent with the quality of their music imo which is quite rare for a band that has been going for as long as they have.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
They've been really consistent with the quality of their music imo which is quite rare for a band that has been going for as long as they have.
I wonder if this be like back to AM style or call on with the Tranquility thing they went for... Or something entirely different.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Seems very Tranquility Base style in Alex's voice but yeah, very much funk.
Yeah I'm totally up for this. My current rotation will finally end:

Arctics - Tranquility
Joji - Nectar
Dominic Fike - What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

I swear I know every word from these three albums :lol:

Relfy

Buzzing to see them in a couple of weeks at Electric Picnic. One of my all time favourite bands.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Super excited, didn't know they had something in the works. However seeing them live a few years back for the Tranquility base tour was one of the biggest letdowns I've had for a live gig. Partly due to my expectations, partly due to the fact the stuff from that album didn't really mesh well with their back catalogue.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Really liked Tranquility Base, but not too sure about that new song.