Are French players overrated or is it Deschamps?

tentan

Poor man's poster.
They are overrated. They won a weak world cup. In 2018 all the big countries had a down year. This Euro was always gonna be difficult for them, with Germany, Italy and Spain back to a high level. At the WC other than France, Belgium(big time bottlers) and Croatia(no history) were the standouts. Go figure.
Germany and Spain are rebuilding and have looked average this Euros.

ryadmahrez

Germany perhaps wasn’t great this tournament, but still was a quality side. Against Portugal they were great and I think against France and England, they were evenly matched, but lost obviously. Spain is very underrated. They have been very unlucky this tournament, but nobody has their creativity. Scored 10 goals in 2 matches. Create the most chances and suffocate teams with their possession. So i wouldn’t say they have looked average, actually looked one the better sides.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Spain looked poor to begin with, but I feel they've really picked up from there.

A bit too open to the opposition yes, but not average at all.

Lelouch geass

France cakewalk to the world domination by numbers
  1. beaten by a Ronaldo-less Portugal at home in Euro 2016
  2. Lost to Sweden and scraped 1st place in qualifying group due to young Dutch players still developing
  3. scraped win vs poor Australia side due to own goal
  4. barely beat a shite Peru
  5. could not beat Denmark
  6. Saved by a lack of "sufficient injury time" vs Argentina
  7. Bailed out by a Lukaku stinker
  8. Dominated by Croatia
  9. Scaped a win vs Germany
  10. Came from behind to scrape draw vs Hungary
  11. Came from behind to steal draw from Portugal
  12. came from behind and saved by Switzerland penalty miss
  13. 1 win in 4 games vs higher quality of European competition
Overrated. nothing like 1996-200 quality
Yet everyone is praising Gareth Southgate, who is massively overated as well and had a cakewalk WC loosing to Croatia .

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
It's bad to be "dominated" by the other team in a final that you won 4-2.

Classical Mechanic

Not overrated nor is Deschamps a failure. They have probably the best international XI, reached the 2016 Euro final and won the World Cup. They are not one of the great international sides, however. Given the nature of international football where winning consecutive tournaments is rare they've done well

Sylar

Why did the manager change his formation half way into a tournament especially against weaker opposition?

From what I can see they hadnt really practiced it
And from the first half they looked so bad vs Swiss.

Things changed with the penalty miss but that period where they turned it around and went 3-1 was mad fun. Then it looked go go defensive and that was a mistake as it invited Swiss to go for the goals needed

The manager takes most of the blame given the talent at his disposal
However mbappe had a stinker and robbed pogba of man of the tournament and assists

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
Portugal, Germany and France got eliminated. It's not too far fetched to thing that having such a tough group didn't help. Having 1 or 2 easy games to boost confidence in group stage could have helped players like Mbappe or Pavard.