Are Lille the team to raid in Summer 2021?

Skills

Snitch
Beating PSG to the title can't be done by an average group of players. Are they the Monaco of 2016/17? Doesn't seem like they have an Mbappe their but are there Bernardo Silva's, Fabinho's and even Moutinho level players in this group?

And who are the Mendy's and Bakayoko's to avoid?

Irrational.

Leicester have already made a start and are way ahead of the game as they look to sign Soumare. This is whilst we’re fannying around being linked with Rice for 2-3 times the price.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
By all accounts Sanches has been very good.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
For every genuinely good player there will be another one who was elevated by the collective. And some clubs are going to get burned badly.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Leicester have already made a start and are way ahead of the game as they look to sign Soumare. This is whilst we’re fannying around being linked with Rice for 2-3 times the price.
Probably because Rice is twice the player Soumare is!!

Lille seems to be a case of a collective being greater than the sum of its parts.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Not really, they have some good players but the one the league off being defensively solid and Galtier's very cautious approach. That and PSG being completely shit too.

Dazzmondo

Lille went with quite a defence first approach. They've been managed brilliantly and defend excellently as a unit, keeping everything compact. Even their wingers play very central and are more like extra cms that play slightly higher up and wider than the central 2 cms. Sven Botman is probably the most interesting for Utd. Personally I think Fonte has been the best performer in the defence but Botman has been impressive too and is only 21. Personally still think Monaco have more players I'd be interested in (Tchouaméni and Badiashile).

antk

Not to distract from the impressive feat of Lille, but Monaco 16/17 was a way better team overall, and the standout performers were much more obvious at the time.

André, David, Reinildo etc have been very good (+ the veterans obv as Falcao, Moutinho were for Monaco), but it's not as obvious that they can take the next step as it was with Mbappé, Silva, Fabinho or even Mendy (that has been plagued by injuries since).

Reactions: Cheimoon

Idxomer

Monaco was really an exciting team and beat a very good PSG team, Lille are nothing like them.

LuckyScout78

Yeah. I am scouting some of them.

I easily buy Yilmaz if he was only 25-27
And if United didn’t had Cavani.

Equal good as Cavani. But maybe better allround basic football skills. Yilmaz, still...is a really good CF. Even 35 years age.

Lille have definitely many really good players.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
For every genuinely good player there will be another one who was elevated by the collective. And some clubs are going to get burned badly.
Yeah. Some end up with a Mbappe. Others end up with a Bakayoko.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not really tbh. They don't have many exciting players. Their bestplayers are basically old heads. Their manager did an outstanding job
So we should get their manager? Joke

jesperjaap

Beating PSG to the title can't be done by an average group of players. Are they the Monaco of 2016/17? Doesn't seem like they have an Mbappe their but are there Bernardo Silva's, Fabinho's and even Moutinho level players in this group?

And who are the Mendy's and Bakayoko's to avoid?
For me the over rate one to avoid ironically is the one we are gettign linekd with.....Botman

I agree with an earlier poster that it is more of a collective team rather than huge star player amongst them.

I think SOumare is good and a good signing for Leicester, but dont think he will be the next £80m in a year or two signing type they have made the last couple of years. Fonte the old SOuthampton player has looked good whenever I have seen them. Others liek David and Ikone look like decent players, but the one who stands out quality wise ironically from the games I have seen would be Renato Sanches.

I dont think they are the club to raid though, I dont see anyone that really stand out as a potential siging. Games I have seen there isnt really one team, few stand ot players at other clubs Kamara looks a really good defensive midfielder a Marseille, Camavinga obviously at Rennes and I have always like Giouri, wouyldn be surprised to see a good side com ein for him now he has kept injury free and got game time since leaving Lyon....speakign of which they of course have Aouar who I am surprise hasnt already moved.....but I think one player nobody mentions that looks a quality player in the making is Caqueret....gets up and down, really godo technique but does everything quite simply and right. I have barely seen Monaco, but when I have, not been impressed wth Badiashille who has been linked and not even noticed the centrla midfielder who got player of the season in the league I believe this year

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Probably not, no. Jose Fonte and Burak Yilmaz are two of the standout players. ‘Keeper is supposedly good but I believe he’s on his way to Milan to replace Donnarumma. Soumare is already a done deal to Leicester I believe.

Jonathan David was probably the best young player in Belgian league last season and he’s done well at Lille after a shaky start, but it’s still too early for him.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Probably not, no. Jose Fonte and Burak Yilmaz are two of the standout players. ‘Keeper is supposedly good but I believe he’s on his way to Milan to replace Donnarumma. Soumare is already a done deal to Leicester I believe.

Jonathan David was probably the best young player in Belgian league last season and he’s done well at Lille after a shaky start, but it’s still too early for him.
Jose Fonte of prior Southampton fame?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Lille went with quite a defence first approach. They've been managed brilliantly and defend excellently as a unit, keeping everything compact. Even their wingers play very central and are more like extra cms that play slightly higher up and wider than the central 2 cms. Sven Botman is probably the most interesting for Utd. Personally I think Fonte has been the best performer in the defence but Botman has been impressive too and is only 21. Personally still think Monaco have more players I'd be interested in (Tchouaméni and Badiashile).
Yeah, Monaco would be the team to raid (again).

GazTheLegend

My word! League winner! :lol: Thanks bud
He was class for Southampton too, remember Mourinho wanted him. If we had gotten Fonte and Perisic under Mou we could have been great for a season or two, ironically.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He was class for Southampton too, remember Mourinho wanted him. If we had gotten Fonte and Perisic under Mou we could have been great for a season or two, ironically.
Glad we didn’t get them - not that I disagree with you - they’re decent players who would have improved us, but I think they were short term fixes and neither at the level we want to be at.

Glad he’s doing well though. I don’t keep much tabs on ex EPL players unless it’s our ex players or they move to one of the European giants

jesperjaap

He was good at Southampton I agree. Has stood out at Lille too whenever I have watched him. Isnt Untied quality though.....saying that quite a few of our current and recent centre backs arent either though

jesperjaap

I havent even noticed Tchouameni or heard of him until the last couple of days and have watched Monaco two or three times this season. I was really watching Badiashile though after us being linked last year, For me he is absolutely nowhere near ready for a big move. He seems to have all the physcial tools but his reading of the game and positioning and general intelligence seem all over the place whenever I have watched him....not even sure if that is a progression learnign curve for a young player....really not convinced he is actually very good myself....for me Botman definately isnt. He has been good for Lille but again seems more as a physical defender, dotn see a player in either of them. I do agree from what O have watched that Fonte has been really good, maybe that is telling though as he was good at SOuthampton too but probably not good enough, maybe that is unfair as of course SAnches was rightly slated at Swanse but he is a talented player for me

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Jonathan David
Has been a disappointment this season, all things considered IMO. Pretty sure he took forever and a day to get his first goal, and certainly, for a move that was clearly intended to be a springboard to a bigger one - he definitely hasn’t had the required ‘amazing season at smaller club’ that is needed.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think the teams to raid are Rennes, Real Madrid, Dortmund, and Spurs, or Dortmund again.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
By all accounts Sanches has been very good.
He's barely played. Missed 3 months of football. 22 starts (1271min = to 14 games) 1 goal and 3 assists
I'm not convinced he's any good at all

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He's barely played. Missed 3 months of football. 22 starts (1271min = to 14 games) 1 goal and 3 assists
Well there you go. I'm sure I read somewhere he's been brilliant but, even if he has, it's not enough games to make that statement.

Mainoldo

What’s that got to do with him having a go season?

He’s been very impressive this season.

But clearly you just decided to Google his stats.

Mainoldo

Well there you go. I'm sure I read somewhere he's been brilliant but, even if he has, it's not enough games to make that statement.
He started 22 games!!!!!!

Just for clarity. Cavani has started 13 games.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
What’s that got to do with him having a go season?

He’s been very impressive this season.

But clearly you just decided to Google his stats.
Well how do you rate players then? He's played 14 games minutes based all season yet here you are saying he's been impresive

Last 10 games
vs Angers 82min assist
vs Saint Ettiene bench - 2nd half 27min
vs Lens bench
vs Nice Injured
vs Lyon 73min
vs Montpellier injured
vs Metz 90min assist
vs PSG 73min
vs Nimes bench - 2nd half 26min
vs Monaco 69min

He's missed 15 games in Ligue 1 due to multiple injuries.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Ahh yes, Raid Lille please and keep your paws off of Sporting's team :wenger::D