Are Liverpool over reliant on Mane?

Bojan11

Valid question. He’s their best player and attack doesn’t look right without him dribbling or pressing from the front.

Untd55

I think its Alisson. Their defence drops quite a few levels without him.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
They have had an unbelievable run with few injuries to key players.

They have some amount of dross outside the first 11.

Keita,Ox,Jota,Adrian,Origi,Minamino,Gomez etc are very ordinary.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Don't forget Alisson.

Adrian gifted Villa the first goal.

mu4c_20le

Nah it just goes to show that having good players makes a difference. If he scored and tied the game early on it might be a differnet story. Bringing on MInamino was just :houllier:

Reddevildans

Not in any way am I'm a taking away thier recent achievements, but tonight showed how reliant they are on the front three, vvd and alison. I don't really rate thier squad past the first 12 or so. It would have interesting to see a long term injury to one or two of those players and see how they would cope. Take away one of those front three and thier dynamics are jolted a bit. Makes a difference.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Not in any way am I'm a taking away thier recent achievements, but tonight showed how reliant they are on the front three, vvd and alison. I don't really rate thier squad past the first 12 or so. It would have interesting to see a long term injury to one or two of those players and see how they would cope. Take away one of those front three and thier dynamics are jolted a bit. Makes a difference.
I wish we had a 5 player reliable spine.