Are people going to insist this isn't as bad or worse than the nadirs of LVG and Moyes?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This is worse than it was under Moyes. We haven't had a good performance in months, we can't outplay anyone, everyone just looks like they're waiting for things to end yet the people in charge refuse to pull the plug. We're a laughing stock.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Say what you want about Moyes but at least he was capable of winning a game on cruise control once every two months.

Minimalist

Moyes was worse than Van Gaal. And this is worse than Moyes now. Moyes only made us suffer for 10 months or whatever it was.

Don't care what any other posters say, that's genuinely how I feel. This is the lowest I've felt post-Ferguson.

I actually understood what Van Gaal was trying to do. It was shite in the end but the big loveable feckwit had a plan (in between diving on the sideline and calling reporters fat).

This guy is a genuinely incompetent feck who (to make it even worse) is also a horrible human being.

We sold our soul completely when we appointed a scumbag like Mourinho. And boy are we paying for it.

Foxbatt

LVG's problem was he bored everyone to death with his possession football. It was sometimes exciting too and we only were 5th I think in his second year and still won the FA Cup. This is much worse. Much, much, worse. We actually played a lot better football under LVG.

AndyJ1985

It's as boring as van gaal's team and as incompetent and laughably bad as Moyes' team. All in all we're shambolic

Bobski

It's worse because we, supposedly, have better players now. LVG was bringing on Nick Powell in effective CL knock out games.

At least he was trying to develop something for the club to move forward with. All Mou cares about is what the club can do for him.

Foxbatt

At least LVG had a plan and had coached the players what to do though it was boring has hell sometimes. But at least we played a lot better football most of the time.

Patrick08

Lvg's was better than this. He'd be grinning watching us now. Actually we would have improved under lvg.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Defintely worse than LVG, by a mile.

About as bad as Moyes except Jose has better players so he is underperforming more.

Foxbatt

Can we get Harry Redknapp back from the jungle? At least it will be interesting.

Idxomer

It's way worse. At least with Moyes you only needed to look back a year for some reminder of how good we were. The team also had multiple legends still playing. With Van Gaal he was a fun character and had an obvious philosophy he wanted to implement. Even if it wasn't working at least it was something the fans can see.

Now, there's simply no soul and no trying. The manager and the players both checked themselves out of this season and you have a coward like Woodward who is in a position of taking decisions. It's all beyond pathetic and verging on complete unprofessionalism.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I wasn't paying attention when Moyes took over, and saw some of LVG's reign, but to me they seemed far more willing to stick through with a system and line up. If there were changes, they weren't as drastic as Mourinho's constant reshuffling not just of his line up or starting XI. How the hell are players expected to develop confidence and chemistry when they're practicing a completely new 'approach' every week and only get 1-2 games to get a feel for it before everything is completely shuffled again. It's just terrible coaching, terrible man-managing, but Mourinho's won three Premier Leagues and has always made it to CL knock outs or won the Europa league when he didn't, so we should all just be quiet and grateful he's gracing this team with his tactical genius.

Foxbatt

I hate to say this but the grass in not greener on the other side re LVG. He was a much better coach than this shite we are seeing now. We should have kept with him one more year in hindsight.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Good word, Nadir. Underused generally and nicely used here.

I would argue that this may not even be the nadir...so help us God

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Definitely worse than LVG. Moyes really was terrible though. Maybe it's just because it was so new at the time but that felt worse.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
It was better under van Gaal. Similarly terrible under Moyes — his even less impressive tactics and team mentality were somewhat compensated by the rare scraps of Fergie's football, Mourinho doesn't even have that luxury.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Its worse because you know it is deliberate, by the manager in terms of sabotage and the players who clearly don't want to play for him and put in effort. So compared to the Moyes era where it was still a professional set up albeit inept, this just is disgusting and goes against sporting principles.

OverratedOpinion

Moyes seemed particularly bad at the time as Sir Alex was so fresh in the memory, too short of a time to be fairly compared to Van Gaal and Mourinho.

Van Gaal and Jose are about on par for me at this point. I do think people forget how bad the football was under Van Gaal.

Foxbatt

Still the match going fans would support Jose I think.

Wb12345

LVG's problem was he bored everyone to death with his possession football. It was sometimes exciting too and we only were 5th I think in his second year and still won the FA Cup. This is much worse. Much, much, worse. We actually played a lot better football under LVG.
With LVG we struggled to break down teams who sit back,we still do beacuse the team is not good enough

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Worse since SAF. Never felt so much apathy.

Dante

Average bang
It's not. The squad is in a much healthier state than it was. They just need a new manager to get them to play to their potential.

If we get a new manager, we can still salvage the season. I don't think you could have said that at this point with the Moyes/LvG teams.

El Zoido

It’s worse. The football is godawful, we have no shape, no plan, nothing. It’s appalling.

The first 20 minutes today is the worst I've seen us play in 30 years.

Nothing compares to the despair of the Moyes era though.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Worse than LvG’s first season, but Jose’s first season was better than LvG’s second.

Moyes isn’t worthy of comparison, I think some are forgetting just how hopeless we were under him.