Are pundits and fans exaggerating how bad we've been?

Idxomer

Specifically, the last two games against two settled teams who're supposedly doing much better than United?

Yeah, Liverpool and City are much better but that's literally the case with every other team on the planet.

The gap to the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal didn't seem to be as big as these commentators and ex-players like to portray and that's with half of our starters out for different reasons.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
No, if you think otherwise, Arsenal or Spuds is the club for you.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Neville’s a proper whingebag but we have been pretty cack

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
No. We've just been comprehensively outplayed at Home. Again.

Chief123

Specifically, the last two games against two settled teams who're supposedly doing much better than United?

Yeah, Liverpool and City are much better but that's literally the case with every other team on the planet.

The gap to the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal didn't seem to be as big as these commentators and ex-players like to portray and that's with half of our starters out for different reasons.
We are miles behind. Chelsea are already on holiday and still absolutely dominated us today. We are lucky to snatch a draw. Don’t be fooled.

Glorio

No we're terrible - I think we might be the worst team in the league at the current moment (I didn't say we had the worst players).

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Depending on your perspective, a little bit. We've not been absolutely terrible but we're not looking particularly great.

One of the biggest issues all season has been how poor we've been against bad teams. Draws against Villa, Newcastle, Burnley, Watford, Southampton etc that should have been avoided.

Win those and we'd be in the Top 4 (the minimum expectation).

Last edited:

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
No.

Arsenal are not good and Chelsea have checked out and thinking about their FA Cup final.

crossy1686

career ending
No, this is the worst I've ever seen us as a collective. The other teams were bad but at least they had some pride and wouldn't allow themselves to get hammered on a regular basis

ManRed

Not really. We struggled against Watford, Norwich, Newcastle etc too this season. Which season are you watching??

el3mel

We get a draw against Chelsea and we see such threads immediately. A draw! Not even a win, and suddenly "we aren't that bad".

Unbelievable.

CloneMC16

No. We have been horrible. Chelsea should have destroyed us in the first half. They completely dominated us. We're lucky their forwards are not very good at finding the net.

Flying_Heckfish

We're rubbish currently, half of them have given up. You know you're numb to it if you're asking these questions, we're so far off the standard it's sickening.

Ole'sattheWheel

with the arsenal game i felt so. That game could've gone either way, those ronaldo/xhaka offside decisions and bruno missing a pen for 2-2 i felt quite hard-done by.
Tonight was bad though. Chelsea totally could've battered us 6 or 7 nil and it would've been a fair result. A better team like city or pool would have made it that scoreline

Sara125

Yes. In fact, I’m not sure why the media fawn over fodder such as Liverpool and city when we are a shoe-in for the title!

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

On course for our worst PL points total ever and you thinks its an exaggeration?

We were poor defensively vs Arsenal and vs Chelsea well we didnt really offer much did we

Siorac

Chelsea have utterly outplayed us at Old Trafford just now. We were pinned back for the vast majority of the game and frankly, we shouldn't have got anything out of it.

So no, they aren't exaggerating.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I think they could have laid into us more than they have, I liked how Neville was calling Rashford out specifically in game for not running but he could have gone further if anything.

We’re a shambles and can’t be arsed trying. It’s disgusting.

dove

Huh? We are shite and it's officially our worst ever season in the PL.

lsd

The Oracle
I don't think it's on for Neville to say how much of an embarrassment the players are and should be booed for not trying.

Considering some of the things he has said and done throughout his career it's a bit much

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Says a lot more about them tbh that we are "close" to the top 4. We are tragically shit but still have made top 4 some form of a chance until Arsenal beat us

Bocca9978

No. We’re shite.
+2 goal difference and lowest ever points total.

Idxomer

Says a lot more about them tbh that we are "close" to the top 4. We are tragically shit but still have made top 4 some form of a chance until Arsenal beat us
That's what I'm saying, everything with United is exaggerated to an unbelievable level.

I think the team is awful but the level around us isn't much better with the exception of two teams and that's with all the players missing, having an interim manager, a toxic dressing room and a bad board.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
We should have been three down tonight,
We should have beaten Arsenal however, were it not for poor VAR/ref decisions.
But we have been very poor the past ten games.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
No, as all above have said. By far and away the easiest game for any other team to play.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
with the arsenal game i felt so. That game could've gone either way, those ronaldo/xhaka offside decisions and bruno missing a pen for 2-2 i felt quite hard-done by.
Tonight was bad though. Chelsea totally could've battered us 6 or 7 nil and it would've been a fair result. A better team like city or pool would have made it that scoreline
Pretty much this. We weren't too bad against Arsenal, but we were comprehensively outplayed by a Chelsea team that never got out of 2nd gear.

Chripper

No.

Two teams who will probably go down (Everton and Norwich) and midtable Leicester got 4 points against us, and should have been 5.