Are (some) Manchester United players out of control?

miked99

Sometimes I'm unsure if I'm on Redcafe or the Daily mail website.

I heard Luke Shaw once watched the Real Housewives of Cheshire. How can the manager allow that to happen? He needs to go. Now.

Owngoalscorer

John Cooper-Clarke - Suspended Sentence

Read the paper - humdrum
Henley Regatta - page one
Eat die - ho hum
Page three - big bum
Giving a lunatic a loaded gun
He walks - others run
Thirty dead - no fun
Foreigners feature as figures of fun
Do something destructive chum

Sit right down - write a letter to the Sun
Say... "Bring back hangin' for everyone"

They took my advice - they brought it back
National costume was all-over-black
There were corpses in the avenues and cul-de-sacs
Piled up neatly in six-man stacks
Hanging from the traffic lights and specially made racks
They'd hang you for incontinence and fiddling your tax
Failure to hang yourself justified the axe
A deedely dee, a deedely dum
Looks like they brought back hangin' for everyone

The novelty's gone - it's hell
This place is a - death cell
The constant clang of the funeral bells
Those who aren't hanging are hanging someone else
The peoples pay - the paper sells
It's plug ugly - sub-animal yells
Death is unsightly - death smells
Swingin' Britain - don't put me on
They're gonna bring back the rope for everyone

Smores

Nothing. Why does he have to be 'kicked out' in anything? He was removed from the squad because he made a mistake, the sort of thing teenagers do on a near daily basis. He'll be reintroduced into the squad at a later date. Thats it. The need for it to be anything more than that is just daft.
Are we really down to the level of arguing about whether a poster saying kicked out is too strong language or not?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Greenwood's an idiot for that. He's almost 19, so he's old enough to realise the situation. It was his very first senior England call up and I'm sure he's trying to impress Southgate for Euro 2020 but he goes and ruins his trust almost immediately.

Wan-Bissaka is just a dildo. Didn't have him down as the ignorant, flashy cnut but he clearly is like many of his peers.

Maguire will lose his captaincy if it transpires even half the allegations are true and his fault.

It's a good point, though. It may not be Ole's fault and each case may be unlucky but I'd imagine Ole will sit down the whole squad and outline exactly what sort of behaviour he expects from them. He's been in charge a while now, will know the players well enough and hopefully they respect him enough to fecking listen.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Are we really down to the level of arguing about whether a poster saying kicked out is too strong language or not?
Not really. He's called it a disgrace already. Maybe we should call him a villain. All the same.

bsCallout

I know you're joking here, but I do actually think I'd take the captaincy off Maguire.

Initially I was against it, but we've just had one too many 'behavioural' issues this summer - and I think an example needs to be set. You could say it's unfortunate that Maguire ends up being the face of that example...but, as captain, and as one of our more senior players, it sends a firm message as to what's expected of and what will be tolerated from players at Manchester United.

Doesn't need to be a big drama, either. Just a firm reminder of consequences and expectations, and then it's over.
If we had a clear alternative, maybe. But we don't.

Don't think Bruno needs that extra pressure.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I replied to Noodle who called it a disgrace, then you quoted my response and said 'well it wasn't exactly joy.'
They disgraced their national team while on foreign land. Or embarrassed. Kind of

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don't much buy the "Greenwood is 18" excuse. The saying "if you're good enough, you're old enough" goes towards maturity and mentality too - and off the pitch he is held to the same standards as say Mata or Matic. It's no excuse.

That said, this is a sensitive environment. People have to be extra cautious with covid which is obviously too much to ask for some players.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
Heard Lindelof chased an old woman on a bike too. We're the new Leeds.

arthurka

yeah but most of us weren't high profile sports people being paid tens of thousands a week for being amongst the elite at what we do. under the current situation, adhering to biosecure bubbles is all part of being an elite sportsperson, and it would have been drilled into them. also how thick do you have to be to fail to ensure theres no mobilephone footage. or they dont understand / dont give a toss.
He is still 18... Pro or not. Icelandic chicks are also pretty hot so.

snowkarl

These threads really bring out the absolute worst of a football forum. 9 out of 10 posts are just blindly defending the player who shares the colour of the team we support.

Greenwood & Foden endangered the entire national team by sneaking in girls on Mason's FIRST CALL UP ffs in a GLOBAL PANDEMIC.

Not to mention the complete slander of the entire country of Greece as some sort of Gomorrah where all the cops are corrupt, bent, lying, crooked thieves.

Oh and who do we blame for AWB's complete lack of respect for the club and its rules by flying off to Arabia and screwing us over in the early season? Uh, his agent maybe? That's a popular one.

No discipline in this squad. Very poor from not only the players but the supporters also.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Who cares tbh. England between major tournaments doesn't matter.

Monkey bus

Remember the days of United players skipping drugs tests, paying prostitutes, attacking fans and being accused of assaulting women on nights out. All of these players are now classed as United legends. Who really gives a feck?

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Worth comparing to Jos Buttler who, despite not having been out of the UK in the last 10 weeks to play cricket, has not been able to see his wife and daughter since late July to comply with the protocols set up around the England cricket team. Ole's still got a long, long way to go in terms of this cultural reset. We've got individuals who earn ridiculous packets and still expect to be able to live like any 18-30-year-old.
You're talking slavery here my man.

He'sRaldo

These threads really bring out the absolute worst of a football forum. 9 out of 10 posts are just blindly defending the player who shares the colour of the team we support.

Greenwood & Foden endangered the entire national team by sneaking in girls on Mason's FIRST CALL UP ffs in a GLOBAL PANDEMIC.

Not to mention the complete slander of the entire country of Greece as some sort of Gomorrah where all the cops are corrupt, bent, lying, crooked thieves.

Oh and who do we blame for AWB's complete lack of respect for the club and its rules by flying off to Arabia and screwing us over in the early season? Uh, his agent maybe? That's a popular one.

No discipline in this squad. Very poor from not only the players but the supporters also.
Maguire's case: "Have you seen Greek police though? So corrupt!"

Greenwood's case: "Have you seen Icelandic girls though? So hot!"

It's pretty funny to be fair, but in an unfortunate kind of way.

Nickelodeon

I did initially think that the thread was a bit of an overreaction but I think the downplaying of these incidents is slightly more astounding. There are some basic quarantine rules that never should've been broken by both AWB and Greenwood. Especially the latter given his first opportunity to represent his nation at the senior level.

They are boys is an argument that Fergie would never have accepted. More established players were axed from squads for mere night outs. Yes, Greenwood is our biggest ray of hope. But there's a need to accept that he deserves a rollicking for this.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Let's stop with they are boys.

18 is old enough to understand a thing or two about responsibilities of not breaking curfew. They're not asked to saved the world, just stay in their room for 3-5 days.

Pavl3n

“Maguire getting a criminal record, Greenwood getting into a sex scandal, these things are to be expected by young professional footballers. Did you see Paul Pogba’s haircut though? He has disrespected the club & the fans. This is unforgivable!”
I can hear his voice in my ear

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
All the OP really convinces me of is that young English footballers are dickheads who cant get out of their own way.

In other words, nothing has changed for 30 years. Shocker.

matt10000

All the OP really convinces me of is that young English footballers are dickheads who cant get out of their own way.

In other words, nothing has changed for 30 years. Shocker.
Exactly, I was a total dickhead when I was 18 too but I had a great time.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Take the blinders off folks. Shit like this happens all the time with footie teams, there s just a lot more tabloid press and social media exposure in England than a lot of other places. Dont forget all the issues the French national team has had over the years, the Dutch too, etc.

I agree with the folks saying its better they get it out of their system now and be confronted early in their career with the consequences of their decisions than letting it fester. At least they didnt end up at a Berlusconi Bunga Bunga party.

Zen86

Can’t work out if thread is parody or not. Will assume OP is not complete gimp and give benefit of the doubt.

dave1956

Times and perception on behaviour have changed, many years ago for instance had Greenwood, Maguire and other Utd., players down the line whose actions were perceived to have brought the name of club into disrepute they would have been moved on with the minimum of public exposure.
Now because to move these players on would cause sever financial problems and possible losses via advertising etc., the club continues to keep these players and unfortunately the players and agents know this.
Unless certain restrictions on behaviour, hobbies and travel are included in a players contract if will always be difficult for a manager to impose certain restrictions ouitside the playing season or on international duty. At the end of the day he can only advise.

cyril C

Are Man City our of control? Clearly Foden plays for them and Walker also had an incident earlier in the summer.

Not ideal. But no need to blow things up out of proportion.
Funny enough, did anyone make similar statement when Rooney was out of control? Or when Cantona made his kung fu kick? OK back then there wasn't any Internet forum.