Are (some) Manchester United players out of control?

Strelok

Remember the days of United players skipping drugs tests, paying prostitutes, attacking fans and being accused of assaulting women on nights out. All of these players are now classed as United legends. Who really gives a feck?
You forgot one of our biggest legends who was a known alcoholic and playboy, who actually went to jail for assaulting an officer. Another also almost went to jail for kungfu kick a fan. Another literally tried to end someone's career. And another shagged his brother's wife for years.

Seem this is actually one of our traditions :lol:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Funny enough, did anyone make similar statement when Rooney was out of control? Or when Cantona made his kung fu kick? OK back then there wasn't any Internet forum.
When was Rooney out of control

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
You forgot one of our biggest legends who was a known alcoholic and playboy, who actually went to jail for assaulting an officer. Another also almost went to jail for kungfu kick a fan. Another literally tried to end someone's career. And another shagged his brother's wife for years.

Did they?

Strelok

Did they?
Yes, he did that intentionally.

On tackling Alf-Inge Haaland: “I’d waited long enough. I f*****g hit him hard. The ball was there (I think). Take that you ****. And don’t ever stand over me again sneering about fake injuries. And tell your pal [David] Wetherall there’s some for him as well. I didn’t wait for Mr Elleray to show the red card. I turned and walked to the dressing room. My attitude is an eye for an eye.”

Strelok

That’s not trying to end his career, that’s hitting him with a hard tackle
You don't intentionally tackle someone's knee unless you really want to badly injure him. A knee ligament injury was a career ending for many professional players. Haaland was pretty lucky that his leg was in the air. Had it stayed on the ground the scene would be much more horrible.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
You don't intentionally tackle someone's knee unless you really want to badly injure him. A knee ligament injury was a career ending for many professional players. Haaland was pretty lucky that his leg was in the air. Had it stayed on the ground the scene would be much more horrible.
But you don’t get to make that distinction of what Keane actually wanted to do.
I think he wanted to hurt him, not end his career

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He did it to hurt him and make a point. Clearly a serious injury is a possible outcome of that but it doesn't follow that it was his main aim to injure him.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He did it to hurt him and make a point. Clearly a serious injury is a possible outcome of that but it doesn't follow that it was his main aim to injure him.
How exactly do you do that committing the tackle Keane did? :lol: I think its fair to say Keane didn't give a feck how badly injured Haland could have been.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
How exactly do you do that committing the tackle Keane did? :lol: I think its fair to say Keane didn't give a feck how badly injured Haland.
no one knows. So a poster saying Keane went out to end someone’s career is clearly wrong. He went out to injure someone.

It’s also funny how people Are having to go back 30 and 50 years to find examples of unruly behaviour apart from the made up Keane ones

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
no one knows. So a poster saying Keane went out to end someone’s career is clearly wrong. He went out to injure someone.

It’s also funny how people Are having to go back 30 and 50 years to find examples of unruly behaviour apart from the made up Keane ones
No I don't think he went out to end his career, but I don't think in that moment he really cared if it did.

Keane gets picked out due to his slightly sociopathic persona, but there have been plenty of horrendous tackles over the years and no team is without them.

Did he say something like "no City players came over to Haland after the tackle so he must of been a prick" in some kind of attempt to justify the tackle?

Bobski

The knee injury was self inflicted, Keane running for a ball that Haaland got to first, Keane tries a sly kick at him because he was pissed at good defending.

Not surprised that Haaland gave him a mouthful or had little sympathy
Selfish action by Roy on both occasions.

Strelok

At least we could all agree that he wanted to injure Haaland. And as I said, when you tackle someone's knee like that, it's usually gonna be a serious one.

My expression of him trying to end someone's career was a bit exaggerated but truth is, only Keane knows what his true intention was.

Anyway, regardless of the wrong right above. One fact that none can't deny is that was a terrible tackle and could very well end Haaland's career. Imagine had his leg stayed on the ground.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
At least we could all agree that he wanted to injure Haaland. And as I said, when you tackle someone's knee like that, it's usually gonna be a serious one.

My expression of him trying to end someone's career was a bit exaggerated but truth is, only Keane knows what his true intention was.

Anyway, regardless of the wrong right above. One fact that none can't deny is that was a terrible tackle and could very well end Haaland's career. Imagine had his leg stayed on the ground.
No hurting someone is not actually the same as injuring them. Unless you're talking about injured pride perhaps. Clearly there is likely to be some minor level of injury involved but it doesn't have to be lasting damage to hurt like feck. Think of being winded or a Chinese burn.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55

I'm not condemning Mason Greenwood (or the others for that matter) from a moral point of view. What he did is legal and to an extent understandable.

My issue is it shows a poor of professional attitude, and it's not the mentality you'd want to see from a talented young player. What sets the likes of Ronaldo and Messi from, let's say Rooney, is the dedication and focus they approach their career with. Talented players are a dime a dozen, and attitude is what separates the greats from the "what ifs"*

Regarding the examples you gave, times have changed. The level of conditioning and attitude required by top level players is a lot higher than it used to be. Players are huge investments, and the stakes have never been higher for their clubs and for themselves.

He could have debuted for his country, perhaps scored and covered himself in glory, rather than this. He has, however, apologized, and hopefully it's a lesson well learned.

All that said, he is free to make his own choices and reap the benefits or consequences, and can not live his life according to other people's expectations. We're just rooting for him and would like to see him be the best he can be.

*Not saying Rooney didn't do well, but if he were more disciplined I believe he would have had a Balon D'Or or two, and could still be playing at the highest level.

cyril C

When was Rooney out of control
What about the the training session when he turned up as Johnny Walker, Fergi sent him home and we started the game the following day without Rooney. I recall it was Newcastle and we lost?

What about the massage session?

What about those numerous night out session that turned up on front page. Have to admit that Rooney did behave during Fergi's era particularly after the Johnny Walker incident.

Luke1995

I mean, what is the Manchester United coaching staff supposed to do ?

It's not possible to control other people's actions outside of the training ground...

JohnnyKills

Agreed. All the Keane worship in here is cowardly bullshit.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

True. We all (mostly) United fans. Why can't we just admit that this summer, so many of our players are in bad behaviour? Instead of trying to find justification with past players down to 40-50 years ago. That's just stupid, and won't fix the issue.

Just face the problem, and then find solution.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Looks like we’re back to having a club captain who’s not going to take responsibility for the utter shite we saw today. Keeping the armband on Maguire is absolutely the wrong decision if he has to be protected from his leadership duties.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not sure where to put it but I guess here... Wan Bissaka now apparently cheating on his pregnant missus (not sure if true, but apparently with Lingards ex?). It means pretty much feck all for football of course but you kinda have to laugh at just how much dumb shit our players do :lol:

Too bad they can't all be like Rashford and Bruno eh.

Cloud7

Not sure where to put it but I guess here... Wan Bissaka now apparently cheating on his pregnant missus (not sure if true, but apparently with Lingards ex?). It means pretty much feck all for football of course but you kinda have to laugh at just how much dumb shit our players do :lol:

:lol: I mean our all time record goal scorer did that as well, so if AWB ends up going in that direction I won't mind.

Might make for some dressing room drama if it really is with Lingard's ex and he still has feelings though.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

He's got a taste for scoring, long may it continue on the pitch

vodrake

I hear Van de Beek sleeps nude in an oxygen tent, which he believes gives him sexual powers

snowkarl

Wow seriously? Used to think AWB had his head on straight but in 2 months he's went against the club and missed the start of the season because he went to Dubai, licence pulled and now cheating on his girl while pregnant.

Honestly, it's embarrassing.

We've had more incidents than all other clubs in the league this year, it's seriously not a good look and for all the talk of character and recruiting good players with the right mentality... And our two main targets this window were Sancho and Dembele :houllier:

Someone needs to set these idiots straight. If people think it's not going to have an impact on performances, they're kidding themselves.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
and now cheating on his girl while pregnant.
Actually I think it's:
  • Cheated on girlfriend with another girl
  • Got that girl pregnant/first gf became ex
  • Didn't want the baby and cheated on that one with #3
From what I gather from Twitter. Hard to follow. Guy is a mess :lol:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

I never seen Bissaka’s missus in his social media at all. I think he’s still single means he’s free man.

hungrywing

Wow seriously? Used to think AWB had his head on straight but in 2 months he's went against the club and missed the start of the season because he went to Dubai, licence pulled and now cheating on his girl while pregnant.

Honestly, it's embarrassing.

We've had more incidents than all other clubs in the league this year, it's seriously not a good look and for all the talk of character and recruiting good players with the right mentality... And our two main targets this window were Sancho and Dembele :houllier:

Someone needs to set these idiots straight. If people think it's not going to have an impact on performances, they're kidding themselves.
Actually I think it's:
  • Cheated on girlfriend with another girl
  • Got that girl pregnant/first gf became ex
  • Didn't want the baby and cheated on that one with #3
From what I gather from Twitter. Hard to follow. Guy is a mess :lol:
It's always the quiet ones.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
So he’s cheated on his girlfriend like 90% of footballers do.

Obviously a scummy thing to do, but let’s now blow it out of proportion. At this point, it’s barely even news.

fps

They say everyone has one tabloid op-ed inside them....