Are Spurs in a bit of a mess?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Obviously can't stand City winning another trophy, but we all know they're basically meaningless with their set-up.

Tottenham losing it at least might cause a bit of upset with Kane & Son, and stops some of their woeful fans start giving it loads.

Ludens the Red

I’ve thought about it for half an hour and I’ve come to the conclusion that thats the worse Cup Final performance I’ve ever seen from a team. I don’t understand what that was from Spurs. It was a complete and utterly senseless performance.

They were trying to play through the midfield against a high press with fecking winks and Hojgberg. Refused to play the ball wide and early as they did when they beat city in the league. Son and Lucas sat narrow the whole game. There is no way they’d have been this bad under Mourinho.

And then the goal they concede. You basically only have to mark two city players from set pieces. Laporte and Dias. They leave Laporte free for a header......
And why did he bring on Dele Ali for Hojgberg?

1-0 makes it look honourable but it was anything but. Watford and Villa got smashed in recent finals but they at least gave it a go.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
They need a new manager, will be needing a squad overhaul and they desperately needed the money from the Super League. Good luck.

Jezpeza

All jokes aside that performance was fecking pathetic. They had an XG of 0.04 - it was like watching a L2 side go up against City.
league 2 side might have given it a go. Actually tried to win some 50/50 balls etc. Gutless. Thats what a true losing mentality looks like

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Braindead decision to sack Jose before a cup final. Levy smoking crack.
The performance(or lack of) would have been about the same, make no mistake about that.
No doubt Mourinho will forver be claiming he could have won that final though.

Superunknown

Surely the question is, who would go to Spurs?
I have to agree with this.

It's a very competitive league, which is going to make it harder to achieve success. Not only that, but you've got a squad that who are currently 7th in the league, with such a range of quality (perhaps only a few standout players in Kane, Son and depending on your feelings, maybe Bale or Lloris) and a tight-fisted board who can't and won't compete for the bigger players. The most you can hope for with this club and team is getting back into the top four and maybe aiming for a top 3 finish. They aren't competing for the title anytime soon, let alone winning it.

Ixion

I think the inclusion of Spurs as one of the founding teams forever exempt from relegation probably did more harm to the reception of the Super League than anything else.

SuperiorXI

The performance(or lack of) would have been about the same, make no mistake about that.
No doubt Mourinho will forver be claiming he could have won that final though.
No one knows but I doubt the performance would be the same. Jose's career has always been about these cup finals and winning trophies. He's certainly more qualified than Ryan fecking Mason.

Vernon Philander

Imagine how smug the anti-Mou crew would have been if he managed this game and got such a skewed xG as what we got. It was a bad move sacking him before this game.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
No one knows but I doubt the performance would be the same. Jose's career has always been about these cup finals and winning trophies. He's certainly more qualified than Ryan fecking Mason.
He was more qualified for the United job than OGS too, look how that worked out.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
We had a lift when Jose went, Spurs haven't had much of one, maybe because Levy thought it was a great idea to get rid of a manager just before a final. Could it be they are not a very good side.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
1 shot on target managed anyway, if not a trophy :lol:.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ah. I’ve had a Mason in my kids team for years, maybe that’s why it sounds natural
Maybe it's a more northern thing, but yeah I've never heard of a name like it.
Tyson maybe. But then that feels even more of a surname!

I know Americans frequently have names we consider surnames.

In a terrible mess since before the CL final, neither Poch nor Mourinho could stem the tide. Too much concentration on the new stadium to the detriment of the squad.

Sinking ship, I have no idea where they go from here cause unlike United, they can’t throw hundreds of millions at the problem. I guess Kane will surely be desperate to leave and a well spent 120m + regular transfer kitty could do wonders in the right hands, but spend it badly and be without Kane... well then they are truly fecked.

hobbers

Actually quite happy City won that. Would have been outrageous if Spurs somehow nicked a win on pens despite not even turning up for the game. And sacking Mourinho a few days before a cup final, small time stuff from Levy.

TheReligion

Abusive
In a terrible mess since before the CL final, neither Poch nor Mourinho come stem the tide.

Sinking ship, I have no idea where they go from here cause unlike United, they can’t throw hundreds of millions at the problem.
Financially they are also struggling as pointed out so it further exacerbates the issues.

I genuinely think they are going to need to recoup some money from somewhere as any new coach will not only need it, but will demand it.

TheReligion

Abusive
Actually quite happy City won that. Would have been outrageous if Spurs somehow nicked a win on pens despite not even turning up for the game. And sacking Mourinho a few days before a cup final, small time stuff from Levy.
You're happy city won a trophy. You're not a United fan are you? Please tell me you're not. .

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
In a terrible mess since before the CL final, neither Poch nor Mourinho could stem the tide. Too much concentration on the new stadium to the detriment of the squad.

Sinking ship, I have no idea where they go from here cause unlike United, they can’t throw hundreds of millions at the problem. Kane will surely be desperate to leave and a well spent 120m + regular transfer kitty could do wonders in the right hands, but spend it badly and be without Kane... well then they are truly fecked.
True, they had some incredible clutch performances(with an element of luck) in CL to get to the final, all the while they collapsed in the league during that time.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information

Sinking ship, I have no idea where they go from here cause unlike United, they can’t throw hundreds of millions at the problem. I guess Kane will surely be desperate to leave and a well spent 120m + regular transfer kitty could do wonders in the right hands, but spend it badly and be without Kane... well then they are truly fecked.
Levy will sell anybody to raise funds instead of Kane.

But unfortunately for Spurs their isnt any player in that squad worth big money. Even Son at 29 in the summer isnt going to get many buyers for what Levy would want.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal

Just their version of dropping Jim Leighton for the replay.