Are Spurs in a bit of a mess?

hobbers

You're happy city won a trophy. You're not a United fan are you? Please tell me you're not. .
Instead of spurs, in this instance, yes. It's only the carabao cup....

It lost all relevance to city when they lost the chance at the quadruple.

TheReligion

Abusive
Instead of spurs, in this instance, yes. It's only the carabao cup....

It lost all relevance to city when they lost the chance at the quadruple.
Sorry. As a United fan from Manchester I can't relate to you at all.

You simply never want city to win anything. Ever.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Actually quite happy City won that. Would have been outrageous if Spurs somehow nicked a win on pens despite not even turning up for the game. And sacking Mourinho a few days before a cup final, small time stuff from Levy.
Part of the reason he sacked Mourinho before the final was probably to appease the squad, trying to have them happier and 100% focused on the final instead of internal turmoil.

I almost want PSG and Poch to win the UCL just so everyone adds 2+2 and notice he wasn't the problem in Tottenham, it was either the players, the board or both things combined. I'm not too keen on Mou but in the end he fell to the same sword, and when that wound starts bleeding in Tottenham, things will get messy.

hobbers

Sorry. As a United fan from Manchester I can't relate to you at all.

You simply never want city to win anything. Ever.
Having that sort of attitude with City elevates them above the small time state-funded club that they are. Would you not have preferred City to win the title last season rather than Liverpool?

The league cup would have meant a lot for Spurs. For City it's bordering on meaningless. Probably a bit of a ridiculous analogy but if you gave me the choice between City winning the next 10 league cups, and winning one champions league, I would give them the 10 cups in a heartbeat.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
To who?

Do you think there will be any 100m transfers in the summer after covid?
Or do you think Levy will for some reason reduce the fee to a manageable amount?
It goes both ways, do you imagine Levy spending enough to assure Kane that the next season will be any better than this? With the covid revenue hit and a billion worth of stadium debt hanging over his head, he can't even spin a positive story to Kane's entourage.

If he drags his heels in on Kane, he'll probably lose more support than he can afford in the media, especially after the ESL debacle. I can already hear Sky spending the entire summer discussing the future of Harry Kane over the Euros.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Having that sort of attitude with City elevates them above the small time state-funded club that they are. Would you not have preferred City to win the title last season rather than Liverpool?

The league cup would have meant a lot for Spurs. For City it's bordering on meaningless. Probably a bit of a ridiculous analogy but if you gave me the choice between City winning the next 10 league cups, and winning one champions league, I would give them the 10 cups in a heartbeat.

I hate Tooty winning anything. It ruins my day thinking those cnuts are happy.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
XG of 0.06 in the final.

Absolutely shocking. Just dissecting it on MNF now.
Makes sense their attacking moves broke down before they got near the box, some truly terrible passing on show from them.

TheReligion

Abusive
Makes sense their attacking moves broke down before they got near the box, some truly terrible passing on show from them.
Carragher has just destroyed the players and given examples of how Winks and Holjberg were hiding from the ball forcing the back 4 to go long.

It was more than that but essentially highlighted they showed no courage or conviction. Losing multiple challenges and simply looking weak and disinterested.

Not really sure where they go from here.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
ould you not have preferred City to win the title last season rather than Liverpool?
Being a United fan and wanting City to win the league instead of Liverpool is completely different to wanting City to win a cup final instead of Spurs.

For one, Liverpool had never won the PL and City already had, Liverpool are United's number one hated rival, so obviously everyone wanted City to win the PL ahead of Liverpool.

Wanting City to win a cup final ahead of a club that has little relevance to United is beyond weird if you are a United fan.

Last edited:

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Carragher has just destroyed the players and given examples of how Winks and Holjberg were hiding from the ball forcing the back 4 to go long.
Didnt even play their most expensive signing and top earner Ndombele? Writing on the wall for Taraabt V2.0?

Hojbjerg is a DM, you do not really expect him to be that player that will get on the ball and make things happen. He is there to harass and put a foot in, shield the CB's and track runners from midfield.

Winks is a squad player at best, never really improved and took his game to the next level. Looked promising when he first came on the scene, just plateaued and never went anywhere.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Will Kane see his contract out till 2024 ? Will he ever win anything if he does that? Surely he has to agitate for a transfer given his age?

If he goes, how do Spurs rebuild?

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Will Kane see his contract out till 2024 ? Will he ever win anything if he does that? Surely he has to agitate for a transfer given his age?

By buying new players I suspect.

red4ever 79

Said it before on here, but why he didnt have a sell on clause inserted in his contract is ridiculous. When he resigned with spurs he should have insisted on one.

Pep's Suit

Maybe when he has a year left and Spurs' asking price drops by 70%. But yeah I don't think they will make Top4 in next two seasons and wouldn't even surprise me if Paratici is a complete failure and fired in next 18 months.

MDFC Manager

Said it before on here, but why he didnt have a sell on clause inserted in his contract is ridiculous. When he resigned with spurs he should have insisted on one.
At that point, Spurs kinda looked like they'd kick on and become a title challenging club. In typical Spurs fashion they bottled it repeatedly though :D

TheLiverBird

Spurs have got the facilities (training), the stadium, the money…..they could be immense and they were close to it at one point where for a period they looked like up and coming title contenders, like on the launch pad

But the Powers that be at Spurs are ruining it and have squandered the best opportunity for them and don’t seem to have the bottle to push what could have been and still could be, because they’ve got everything there that they need to make them a success in the form of trophies

not with the current squad but they have the means to change it but they won’t

they seem happy with the current Business success they are having instead of the football success

The Club is now valued as one of the Richest, at £1.6 Billion which is 6 times more than what they were worth 10 years ago, they aren’t in a mess

but the team is with regards to titles

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Arsenal's last UEFA Cup/Champions League win is closer to the big bang than today. (because it doesn't exist)

Everton's last trophy win is older than Anthony Martial.

etc.

You can look at it from all angles, but I'm surprised no one points out that Arsenal were the oddity in the 'Super League', considering they've barely been of merit in the CL, and haven't been in it for 5 seasons now

TheReligion

Abusive
Arsenal's last UEFA Cup/Champions League win is closer to the big bang than today. (because it doesn't exist)

Everton's last trophy win is older than Anthony Martial.

etc.

You can look at it from all angles, but I'm surprised no one points out that Arsenal were the oddity in the 'Super League', considering they've barely been of merit in the CL, and haven't been in it for 5 seasons now
This Victorian Age quip seems to have ruffled your feathers

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
This Victorian Age quip seems to have ruffled your feathers
He spent the whole weekend absolutely raging at that tweet.
@cjj it's fine you're sh*t we're sh*t, let's hug !

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets

The rebuild needed to happen a few years ago, Pochettino said as much, but Levy being Levy decided it was cheaper to just get a new manager. They have a bunch of players that have either stalled in their development or are past it, the Kane money needs to address this. The likes of Winks, Dier, Sanchez, Sissoko, Lamela I think could all be shipped out, rumours Alderweireld, Kane and Aurier, want out. Alderweireld is still serviceable but his best days are behind him, really classy CB in his prime to be fair. Aurier improved over his time at Spurs but I dont think they will particularly miss him. Kane well, he is a Spurs talisman, but at 28 now, time for a last big contract somewhere, and he is far too good to be stuck with that Spurs team rebuild under Nuno.

The likes of Dier, Winks, Sissoko, Lamela I dont think will be missed. If Kane goes they have no recognised striker, so really would need to bring in two players, apart from that the defence needs work, I know they brought in Rodon but they are possibly losing two out of Dier, Sanchez, Alderweireld. They have also spent some big money on dross, Sanchez never really looked the goods, jury well and truly still out on Ndombele, just seems like Taraabt v2.0 when I have seen him. Moments of insane skill followed by a lot of jogging around ball watching.

If Kane goes I tip Arsenal to be above Spurs, but neither will be top four challengers. Top four looks set already, Man Utd, Man C, Liverpool, Chelsea.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
That’s an amazing stat. Must remember that one to fecking drop it on some Spurs fan some day.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Arsenal definitely weren’t more of an oddity than Spurs in the super league in my opinion.

They were, at one stage, the very best team in England outright during the Premier League era and have won more FA Cups than anyone else in history.

I like Spurs as a club, but Arsenal are definitely bigger and more relevant to a super league, despite their recent AFTV and banter club status.

Carolina Red

Staff
Not at all - pointing out that it's better to have won something once, than never at all.
They won a UEFA trophy since the last time Spurs won one.

And 4 FA Cups since the last time Spurs won a domestic trophy.

Last edited:

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Not at all - pointing out that it's better to have won something once, than never at all.
I think the quote is "it's better to have loved and lost"

cjj

Supports
Spurs
They won a UEFA trophy since the last time Spurs won one.

And 4 FA Cups since the last time Spurs won a domestic trophy.
If you mean the Cup Winner's Cup, it was neither the UEFA Cup nor the CL. My point was that in an epoch of their pinnacle of dominance, Arsenal did next to nothing in Europe. It's a bit like going fishing and never catching anything, and making fun of the guy who hasn't got a rod.

sillwuka

Gil looks a prospect.
Romero will become one of the CBs in the league.
Rodon should cement his place.

Spurs will be an interesting watch this year.