Are Spurs the dirtiest club in the league?

Anustart89

Whatever happened to the "red cards can only be overturned if they're not even a yellow" part of the rule though?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Does he get the red card replaced with the yellow or is nothing going to happen to him?

Jabocaster

Supports
Everton
It wasn't VAR, the referee just changed his own mind. Completely agree with the decision to overturn and it's very frustrating to miss out on our first away win in 10 months due to this poor officiating.
The same poor officiating which overlooked a clear handball by Ali and didn‘t even book Sanchez for a last man tackle on Richarlison?

A draw is probably a fair result.

Last edited:

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Just when you thought the premier league & VAR couldn't be any more laughable...

They're just making it up as they go along.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
If players and managers weren't such cheating cnuts then refs wouldn't be having so many problems officiating.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
The same poor officiating which overlooked a clear handball by Ali and didn‘t even book Sanchez for a last man tackle on Richarlison?

A draw is probably a fair result. Tough the injury to Gomes makes it feel like a loss.
Draw was definitely a fair result, both teams play was slow and uninspired. Felt like I was watching United play.

Anustart89

If players and managers weren't such cheating cnuts then refs wouldn't be having so many problems officiating.
That argument can easily be turned around. If refs could spot a foul when a player didn’t go down then they wouldn’t have to go down and highlight tackles that put them at a disadvantage.

How many goals is Sterling’s honesty worth there? That game ended 2-2 IIRC. Same with Martial trying to get that shot off against Palace when Kelly pulled him down.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
That argument can easily be turned around. If refs could spot a foul when a player didn’t go down then they wouldn’t have to go down and highlight tackles that put them at a disadvantage.

How many goals is Sterling’s honesty worth there? That game ended 2-2 IIRC. Same with Martial trying to get that shot off against Palace when Kelly pulled him down.
That's an idiotic argument. Players have a responsibility not to be cheating cnuts. Refs have to think hard about fouls in the box because there is so much simulation.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Red shouldn't be overturned. It's clear that Son had no chance of getting the ball, it's also clear that Gomes had his ankle snapped in the first contact with Son, and not Aurier as some have suggested.
Taking away the severity of the injury, tackles like this, cynical and designed to stop the player rather than win the ball, should start being automatic reds, would cut out what is in effect cheating.

Bulldog United

Red shouldn't be overturned. It's clear that Son had no chance of getting the ball, it's also clear that Gomes had his ankle snapped in the first contact with Son, and not Aurier as some have suggested.
Taking away the severity of the injury, tackles like this, cynical and designed to stop the player rather than win the ball, should start being automatic reds, would cut out what is in effect cheating.
I might be misremembering history, but I’m fairly sure those no attempt to win the ball tackles used to be deemed professional fouls and straight reds. I’m not sure when they became ok as ‘taking one for the team’ and only getting a yellow.

I’ve always thought these cynical fouls should be red cards when you’re deliberately sending an opponent flying to the ground, because clearly you are purposefully endangering them to snuff out a potential goal scoring chance.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Commentary said VAR checked that. So I can only assume they thought that stud rake down Fred's thigh wasn't even a yellow.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Forgot Son also got sent off at Bournemouth for shoving a player off the pitch in May.

Three red cards in less than a year for one of the nice guys in the premier league.

Red00012

Dramatic from Son when red card was shown . It was a fairly obvious red

redshaw

Naughty from Son. His left foot is more worrying kicking him in the balls. I was watching his right foot first but he raises both. I also don't see any reason for such a kick out from Son, must've thought something went on.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Definitely a nasty move from Son but does Rudiger need to drop and roll like he's been shot.

Acole9

Outstanding
Son in being a dirty cnut shock. Not that type of player though.

Nick7

Every one of the is dirty. That’s a horrific attempt to injure another player.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
They are cheats. They've become even more the despicable cnuts Jose wanted them to become.

LoneStar

Absolute shithouse of a club, players and manager perfect for each other. Bring out the worst in football.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Son dies every time there's any sort of contact, also that guy, whoever that was, who ran straight into Cavani and started crying for his mother.
What a sad diving bunch.

It's the Mourinho effect. Many have forgotten that Chelsea were the same back in the day. Dive like you've been shot and rake your studs down every shin you can.