Are Spurs the dirtiest club in the league?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Is this relevant to this thread? Don't pull up this bullshit subtle wumming.
Did the same in other thread saying posting some rubbish table about how Manutd beat only 12th placed team and below when everyone and their dog knew 2 good result would change the complete table from 7 to 15-16.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Isnt it mostly Alli? Kane seems allright, so does Son, Eriksen wouldn't hurt a fly (and would get beat up if he tried anyway). Dunno..

Thunderhead

Supports
City
I don't tihnk they're a dirty team, Kane's was a shocker of a tackle but I honestly don't think there was any intent just a bad tackle, Ali looked like it was frustration and he's bloody lucky to get away without injuring KDB, that for me was far worse. United fans could argue both were worse than what Pogba got a 3 game ban for the other week too, certainly Ali's was.

lysglimt

Scout
In terms of nasty, unnecessary tackles - I would agree with this.

I still remember the Chelsea-game after Leicester had won the league. It's the first time I have seen a game (that I can remember) where I objectively can say they should have had 4 players sent-off.

Fluctuation0161

Alli can be a dirty player. Kane was reckless and deserved a red but I've not seen him get obviously frustrated and vindictive with tackles like Alli does.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
They should just admit about dream signing of Jonjo Shelvey to complete their violent fantasies.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

The manager doesnt help either

This is the match where Clattenberg admitted he cheated.

He decided not to apply the laws of the game to Spurs and put Chelsea players at significant risk of personal injury as well as cheating the next three teams Spurs played in domestic competitions by having players available that should have been suspended.

The Outsider

Supports
Chelsea
Alli and England in the World Cup, a disaster waiting to happen.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
I'm biased to think that way, Poch was the manager that turned the Barcelona derby into a war zone and his legacy stood a couple years more.

With Espanyol, turning his players into a bunch of thugs was praised as "underdog tactics" and "he teached his team how to compete against Barcelona", so with Spurs' perennial underdog gimmick it probably was oversaw too, but once you start gaining attraction and haters because you start being perceived as a threat the underdog curtain falls and your team is exposed in every way.

Everyone loves underdogs whatever they do, no one likes another challenger, and even less if they have a clear flaw to be attacked for, and Poch's "desperate intensity" tactics and Alli are big enough flaws to start being one of the most hated things between top 6 teams.

salford_

Dele Alli is incredibly unlikeable. And yes, he is definitely 'that' type of player. He is a wanker

Utdstar01

In terms of shit and rash challenges probably spurs yes. In terms of diving and throwing themselves to the ground then it's city.

EVO

Just finished watching the first half of the City-Spurs game. Dele Alli already should have been booked twice then, for challenges on Gundogan and Fernandinho. The guy just screams entitlement-complex to me and the ref's permissiveness isn't going to help.

Dembele is an interesting case. I've never known him to be anything else than a calm and fair player, but that's twice I've seen him go off his rockers under Pochettino (during that Chelsea game, and again recently against Real after Ramos did something I can't quite remember now) and I haven't seen all that many Spurs games. Makes me believe a lot has to do with Pochettino's influence.

Reactions: Carolina Red

Seij

The majority of their players seem like nice human beings - Eriksen, Kane, Son, etc.

But then there are the thugs like Alli, Dier, Walker (now gone), Lamela, Alli. Alli in particular is a nasty petulant kid who lashes out with a clear intention of hurting other players when he gets frustrated. I've never seen a team get away with as many blatant yellows/reds as Spurs do. I think they will continue being babied by the league until Alli finally snaps someone's leg in half. The way they keep kicking other players when things don't go their way, I'd say Pochettino is encouraging their behavior.

Claude Makélélé

Never forget that Hazard's goal which ended their title hope in 2016.

"I allowed them [Spurs] to self-destruct so all the media, all the people in the world went: 'Tottenham lost the title.' "If I sent three players off from Tottenham, what are the headlines? 'Clattenburg cost Tottenham the title.'

Oh dear! That's from Mark Clattenburg, men.

The Outsider

Supports
Chelsea
Just finished watching the first half of the City-Spurs game. Dele Alli already should have been booked twice then, for challenges on Gundogan and Fernandinho. The guy just screams entitlement-complex to me and the ref's permissiveness isn't going to help.

Dembele is an interesting case. I've never known him to be anything else than a calm and fair player, but that's twice I've seen him go off his rockers under Pochettino (during that Chelsea game, and again recently against Real after Ramos did something I can't quite remember now) and I haven't seen all that many Spurs games. Makes me believe a lot has to do with Pochettino's influence.
I don't think Poch goes and tells them to foul yet like Keegan in an earlier period he over motivates them and when they realise it is not going their way they lash out, a bit like a spoilt child would.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Things don't go their way and they start kicking everyone, they're a bunch of thugs.

I'm surprised Lingard could walk off after having studs raked down his achilles twice.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Wonder if it is instructions, or if they've just collected a particular vile set of players.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
nah, not the dirtiest. Some cnutish elements but nothing exceptional.

Man $hitty are much worse imo.
No, Citeh do more tactical fouls, but they don't have thuggish cnuts like Alli, Lamela and Dier.

With the exception of Fernandinho that is.

el3mel

Definitely. I don't understand how they can be loved while doing this ? It's not just today. They do it almost every time they go down in the result !

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
How many times did one of their players run their studs down an achilles in that half?They're a snidey bunch of cnuts.

Red_Aaron

I wouldn't go that far but there were 3 maybe 4 rakes down the back of our players legs today, at least 2 premeditated imo

Edit: what eckers said

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Yes they are but refs just ignore their blatant thuggery

Ban

They're dirty as it gets. Wonder if darling Poch is telling them to do that.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
I dont think the whole team can be lumped with that petulant wannabe thug Alli. He's up there with Shelvey for me.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
How many times did one of their players run their studs down an achilles in that half?They're a snidey bunch of cnuts.
Mustve been 3 or 4. Was [Irrelevant point]'s suspension for a stamp or a studs rake? Because if it was a rake, Spurs should be facing some bans.

I don't understand why VAR wasn't looking at those. Is that one of the things VAR looks for?

SpyLuke10

Yes. I remember when Vertonghen did a shady elbow into Van Persie's neck when the ref wasn't looking, the sort of s##t that should get a player a 5 game retrospective ban, could've seriously hurt RVP. Can't stand the dirty prick Vertonghen. In more recent times its been Dele Alli who really grinds my gears, acts like such a dickhead on the pitch, off the pitch he has a less interesting personality than grass growing.