Are Spurs the dirtiest club in the league?

Irrational.

Premier League Fair Play table:

2018-19: United 2nd from bottom, Spurs 8th. United 71 yellow cards, Spurs 55. United 4 red cards, Spurs 3.

In fact, Spurs have been much higher than United in the Fair Play table for the last 3 seasons.

It doesn't fit the cosy narrative of some United fans, but them are the facts. In summary, United play less fairly than Spurs.
Doesn't really mean much. Just means they're good at getting away with shithousery. Just like today, Sissoko should've been sent off, and Alli was lucky to stay on the pitch.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
A tackle that happens often and a stamp is the same thing? :lol::lol:
You are right sorry, we should just ignore a two footed tackle that could have broken an ankle. It's not even worth mentioning, sorry again.

AJ10

You are right sorry, we should just ignore a two footed tackle that could have broken an ankle. It's not even worth mentioning, sorry again.
Two footed? you blind lad? You just posted that video which showed andreas going with one foot, got the ball first then his man.... a tackle that happens often.

As long as it justifies a stamp eh?

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Doesn't really mean much. Just means they're good at getting away with shithousery. Just like today, Sissoko should've been sent off, and Alli was lucky to stay on the pitch.
I see. United were 2nd from bottom in the fair play table and Spurs 8th … due to poor match officials across the entire 72 games. And I suppose it's a similar explanation for the last 3 seasons.

acnumber9

Spurs fans really are a weird bunch at times. How the hell is that a two footed tackle?

Full bodied red

Premier League Fair Play table:

2018-19: United 2nd from bottom, Spurs 8th. United 71 yellow cards, Spurs 55. United 4 red cards, Spurs 3.

In fact, Spurs have been much higher than United in the Fair Play table for the last 3 seasons.

It doesn't fit the cosy narrative of some United fans, but them are the facts. In summary, United play less fairly than Spurs.

He has a point.

I lost count the number of times we gave away stupid and needless free kicks 30 yards from goal last season because they all had some sort of mindset that nobody could possibly beat DDG from that distance.

And anyone with a decent memory who can count how many goals they cost us ???

GJNJ

Yeah that was the only problem
I don't think that was that bad, no worse then some of the other tackles in the game but certainly not as bad as stamping on someone who is lying on the ground like a coward.

edcunited1878

Andreas' studs were showing, but he hardly went through Kane who pulled up because he wasn't winning the ball. It's a yellow at worse, but more than happy to see some bite from United players against Spurs. Alli never disappoints, he's a dirty facker.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Two footed? you blind lad? You just posted that video which showed andreas going with one foot, got the ball first then his man.... a tackle that happens often.

As long as it justifies a stamp eh?
Where did I mention the stamp? If you want me to comment on the stamp it was a disgrace. If you want to see what I was actually pointing out was that it wasn't the only dangerous incident in the game as someone said.

Godfather

They have been the biggest thugs in the league and the worst losers for years. No matter what these deluded spurs fans on here think.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
They have been the biggest thugs in the league and the worst losers for years. No matter what these deluded spurs fans on here think.
And no matter what the Fair Play table has said for years either. I get it.

AJ10

Where did I mention the stamp? If you want me to comment on the stamp it was a disgrace. If you want to see what I was actually pointing out was that it wasn't the only dangerous incident in the game as someone said.
So...... where was this two footed tackle which could have broken kane's ankle? I only see Andreas going with one foot getting the ball first then his man.... which often happens..... You posted a video, so please point out that potential two footed ankle breaker?

Its only a 5 sec video, i am sure you can find it.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
That's some pretty twisted logic buddy.

'it's ok to be a violent thug as long as you're not a coward. Trying to end players careers (keane) is acceptable as long as you're capable of taking a hard tackle yourself'.
Agreed.

diarm

Typical Spurs fans. Their team spend 40 minutes leaving nasty tackles behind them and then when an opponent finally retaliates they're up on Twitter with the videos and indignation.

When your coach comes out after the match to apologise for your players scummy behaviour you lose any right to a high ground.

diarm

That's some pretty twisted logic buddy.

'it's ok to be a violent thug as long as you're not a coward. Trying to end players careers (keane) is acceptable as long as you're capable of taking a hard tackle yourself'.
I didn't say anything was ok. I said Dele Alli doesn't belong in any conversation including Roy Keane and Vidic.

They were men who yes, occasionally stepped over the line inexcusably. Alli is an abnoxious little shit who thinks he's a god. All fur coat and no knickers I'm afraid, just like his club.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Typical Spurs fans. Their team spend 40 minutes leaving nasty tackles behind them and then when an opponent finally retaliates they're up on Twitter with the videos and indignation.

When your coach comes out after the match to apologise for your players scummy behaviour you lose any right to a high ground.
No high ground, any stamps are totally out of order.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I didn't say anything was ok. I said Dele Alli doesn't belong in any conversation including Roy Keane and Vidic.

They were men who yes, occasionally stepped over the line inexcusably. Alli is an abnoxious little shit who thinks he's a god. All fur coat and no knickers I'm afraid, just like his club.
You basically just said what you originally said but in a slightly different way.

tomaldinho1

If that were to happen, City will need to re-think their whole strategy. I still think Spurs and City will get away with 3-4 professional fouls a game.
Yes, as it stands. However if the managers make a big deal of it and it becomes a hot topic it's something that will really affect those two teams. People talk with such adulation about pressing teams and how hard they work but the reality is they try to recover the ball and then in most cases, when they can't, it's just niggling foul after niggling foul to stop the counter attack.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Dirtiest? No, but they are an extremely petulant side when things are not going their way. Plenty of uncalled tackles their players engage in especially that cnut Alli, look at the state of this post.

1 minute of google
Whatboutery by Spurs fans is predictable but it won't be funny when one of theirs are on the receiving end. Its only a matter of time.

Last edited:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yes, as it stands. However if the managers make a big deal of it and it becomes a hot topic it's something that will really affect those two teams. People talk with such adulation about pressing teams and how hard they work but the reality is they try to recover the ball and then in most cases, when they can't, it's just niggling foul after niggling foul to stop the counter attack.
Ole did that in fairness, before the City game and Pep presented some pretentious moral outrage. If it starts to be highlighted on a regular basis, maybe refs would become wise to it (I think they are, but they might show a bit more backbone).

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Spurs are not a team I normally associate with dirty pla

It's a bit rum. Spurs aren't a team I've ever associated with dirty play.
You obviously didn’t see that game when they bottled the title at Stamford Bridge. For some reason they go a bit under the radar but they are always doing it.

bucky

Yeah that was the only problem

I don't know, but I'd say that Pereira wouldn't have done this, if your lot would have been properly punished beforehand. Pereira should have been sent off, but so should have been Alli and Sissoko.

Moriarty

You obviously didn’t see that game when they bottled the title at Stamford Bridge. For some reason they go a bit under the radar but they are always doing it.
No, I didn't see the entire game, just the highlights. They've had some hard players down the years (Mackay, Mullery, England) but I've never thought of them as a dirty side. I'll have to pay closer attention.

Nick7

No, I didn't see the entire game, just the highlights. They've had some hard players down the years (Mackay, Mullery, England) but I've never thought of them as a dirty side. I'll have to pay closer attention.
They currently have Alli and Dier who are plenty dirty. Along with the rest.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I don't know, but I'd say that Pereira wouldn't have done this, if your lot would have been properly punished beforehand. Pereira should have been sent off, but so should have been Alli and Sissoko.
Didn't see the game but the tackle looks high and a bit reckless. He's lucky there, Pereira.

dutchred

Didn't see the game but the tackle looks high and a bit reckless. He's lucky there, Pereira.
true
But Spurs were doing that from the first minute. Andreas was reacting in frustration. Anyway i like the way he was being as aggressive as Suprs

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
One stamp and typical Dele alli tackle... rest were just tough tackles, nothing wrong with them.
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah Dele Alli does have a nasty streak about him. I'm still a little surprised by all these comments though, before Poch, Spurs were always quite soft. Now I feel we play hard, but I don't think we're any dirtier than any other club.

Every club got those fans.