Are the lads back in training yet?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Just saw that Chelsea stars like Kante, Wener... are back in training, Why are our stars not back??
Different rules for different clubs I guess.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Just saw that Chelsea stars like Kante, Wener... are back in training, Why are our stars not back??
Pretty sure Martial, Van de Beek, Pogba, Bruno are all due back today. I assume Lindelof as well.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Because they got further in the Euros.
Surely if Kante is back for Chelsea, Pogba should be back for us, as they both got knocked out for France, So what's his hold up? Bruno too!

GJNJ

Lindelof, Bruno and Pogba got further than Kante and Werner?
Maybe as the England players aren’t going to be back later that they have some extra time to rest. Idk it’s a shame for me as I’m going to the game on Wednesday and will probably have very few 1st XI.
Still if they are fresh for the new season I’ll get over it, considering how little rest they had last season.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Maybe as the England players aren’t going to be back later that they have some extra time to rest. Idk it’s a shame for me as I’m going to the game on Wednesday and will probably have very few 1st XI.
Still if they are fresh for the new season I’ll get over it, considering how little rest they had last season.
Agreed, enjoy the game nonetheless!

SATA

Donny and Martial apparently are supposed to return to training today. Probably Martial is still in the gym doing fitness work when those pictures are taken

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Donny, like a new signing :drool:
Nice to actually see him for extended periods of time next season. He wasn’t put in the best situations last year but when he did play he didn’t cover himself in glory.

Much improved year 2 should be expected, even if it is because year 1 was so bad.

Nickelodeon

Is Martial back yet? How come there's no news? There were videos of him doing exercises and stuff when Euros were going on.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Bruno, Bruno, Bruno. Came from Sporting like Cristiano.

Cman

Anybody else a bit worried that we are only 2 weeks away from start of season and only getting our main players back now or in coming days.
Rashford out injured, Martial not looking like he’s back in full training after long spell off, same with Donny. Tellas out for first 3/4 games and Shaw carting broken ribs although he’s not due back training yet.

If we are to really challenge for the title this season we need to hit the ground running.
Im not getting the feeling I wanted too from this preseason so far.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Anybody else a bit worried that we are only 2 weeks away from start of season and only getting our main players back now or in coming days.
Rashford out injured, Martial not looking like he’s back in full training after long spell off, same with Donny. Tellas out for first 3/4 games and Shaw carting broken ribs although he’s not due back training yet.

If we are to really challenge for the title this season we need to hit the ground running.
We have always known that we will have 10-14 players coming back late this pre-season. That's why when the fixtures came out I was concerned. It's a tricky beginning for us considering that we have nearly a whole starting team coming back late and won't be up to speed when the start of the season rolls around. And as we have seen the peripheral players (ie most of those who started against the Gers) are definitely not good enough.
We have a ways to go.

Shimo

Not too concerned. The amount of football these guys played last year, they really needed the rest. It would be more detrimental to rest of the season to rush them back a few days early. Ole said they all had a program to follow and most of the players that are still coming back are the types that really take care of themselves, so don't think it will take them too long.

Only question mark I have is around Cavani, not seen him yet back in training, would have thought he would be by now.

Cman

England going as far as they did prob hurts us most I guess. But I was still hoping to be reading reports around this time that certain players were flying,The likes of Donny, Martial and Greenwood and hopefully some of the younger guys I know injuries can’t be helped and there’s still a couple of weeks to go.
Just a bit of a shame really, we had no preseason last year, this one is looking very poor and there’s a World Cup next summer.

I don’t think a good preseason can be underestimated for both the players( especially the younger and fringe players) and coaches but we will just have to make the most of the cards we have been dealt.
Over the course of the season a good rest period for the players will be more beneficial than a good preseason.
Our fist few games are against teams that will have a far better preseason than us. Hopefully we are able to still get results.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
England going as far as they did prob hurts us most I guess. But I was still hoping to be reading reports around this time that certain players were flying,The likes of Donny, Martial and Greenwood and hopefully some of the younger guys I know injuries can’t be helped and there’s still a couple of weeks to go.
Just a bit of a shame really, we had no preseason last year, this one is looking very poor and there’s a World Cup next summer.
The world cup is next winter

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

It's going to be another dodgy start, we should be mentally preparing for it unfortunately.

Leeds is probably the worst side we could face in our opening match, they're going to run us into the ground:nervous:

I can only hope that the players are still fairly sharp considering it's only been a few weeks since they stopped actually playing/training regularly.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It's going to be another dodgy start, we should be mentally preparing for it unfortunately.

Leeds is probably the worst side we could face in our opening match, they're going to run us into the ground:nervous:

I can only hope that the players are still fairly sharp considering it's only been a few weeks since they stopped actually playing/training regularly.
They probably set up base camp at Snowdonia; elbow pads and all and had to run up it twice a day.