Are the lads back in training yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoof the ball

Don't see much wrong there??

What are we supposed to be looking at here?

Fecking stupid tweet.
You're joking. Luke is once again checking in considerably fatter than everyone else. It's a piss take. It's not his so-called broadness, or his natural shape, or his gait. Once more he's checking in pre-season playing catchup. I wish for once he'd show some professionalism, maintain himself in off-season and show up with reasonable figure. A belly protruding through a shirt as an elite PL athlete is absolutely shambolic.

Trex

I was pretty optimistic at the beginning of last season. I don't think I met any United fan who wasn't, most especially after the Leeds win and then Ronaldo signing. It all seemed to be shaping up nicely, don't think anyone could have ever predicted how it all turned out from there on.
I never thought we could be better than the previous season were we finished second, I felt the Ole-Pep gap was to wide, I was excited to see our new signings but I didn't think they without a top manager could get us over the line even though I didn't see us having the disaster of a season we had. I felt we could improve point and performance wise and even finish third.

Waynne

De Gea went from rolling it out to the defence under LvG to hoofing it long, and invariably losing possession, the moment Jose came in. Quite clearly following instructions.

If he can just go back to the former I’d be happy. Of course, it requires the defence to make themselves available, which hasn’t always been the case.
Doesn't help that we have defenders who are not comfortable on the ball so that kind of playstyle would be difficult to implement but I do agree with your post which is why a ball playing CB is important in such a setup. I don't see that currently in Maguire and Lindelof. Maybe Varane

Glorio

Doesn't help that we have defenders who are not comfortable on the ball so that kind of playstyle would be difficult to implement but I do agree with your post which is why a ball playing CB is important in such a setup. I don't see that currently in Maguire and Lindelof. Maybe Varane
Both Lindelof and Maguire are better on the ball than Varane from what I've seen. Lindelof in particular is actually really good on the ball - I think it's twice that I've seen him split the entire opposition and pinpoint a pass to a striker.

Amarsdd

Varane is probably the worst in that regard amongst the three.

Trex

Both Lindelof and Maguire are better on the ball than Varane from what I've seen. Lindelof in particular is actually really good on the ball - I think it's twice that I've seen him split the entire opposition and pinpoint a pass to a striker.
All of Lindelof, Varane and Maguire have good ball playing abilities, its the system that don't make them thrive.
Throughout their time here you can see there is no structure to our play in possession.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
You're joking. Luke is once again checking in considerably fatter than everyone else. It's a piss take. It's not his so-called broadness, or his natural shape, or his gait. Once more he's checking in pre-season playing catchup. I wish for once he'd show some professionalism, maintain himself in off-season and show up with reasonable figure. A belly protruding through a shirt as an elite PL athlete is absolutely shambolic.
No white text??

If not sarcastic then it's plain embarrassing.

Dazzmondo

I disagree with this massively. I actually think our defenders are all very good on the ball. It's their actual defending that has been questionable

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Very encouraging quotes from Melissa Reddy

God I hope we've got it right this time

Waynne

Varane is probably the worst in that regard amongst the three.
True they're all not very comfortable but it might be that the system that they're asked to play as per the below post.
All of Lindelof, Varane and Maguire have good ball playing abilities, its the system that don't make them thrive.
Throughout their time here you can see there is no structure to our play in possession.
Agreed.

Oh man these training updates sure make me very happy :drool:

Last edited:

BoulderDevil

The obsession on this forum with another man’s body shape is beyond belief. Get a grip people

city-puma

Yeah, he loves to assist Rashford by those Hollywood pass.

Revaulx

Yeah, he loves to assist Rashford by those Hollywood pass.
I suspect he only resorts to Hollywood passes because our midfielders constantly fail to make themselves available, or because previous regimes have expressly told him to go direct. I doubt if any of our defenders will be allowed to do that now.

matt10000

Does any club have leaks like we do? Are these ever ginna stop? I hate it..
Anyway, back to training
Video anyone running, zoom in and then go forward frame by frame and you will find an unflattering frame that you can then tweet sooner or later- it is the way of the world now......I would imagine the backroom staff will be more interested in things like aerobic endurance, oxygen saturation, BMI etc. than someone looking to maximise their views on twitter.

TheDosser56

Very encouraging quotes from Melissa Reddy

God I hope we've got it right this time
She's got it leaked to her by one of the players. That's still a leak.. imagine if we start the season badly how much Melissa Reddy (Mane's girlfriend by the way) will get leaked about it?

Training Ground F.C is all well and good but I'll judge it on actual matches thanks.. all players will have smiles and be eager to impress (like they was under Mourinho, Van Gaal etc) but it's in October/November where the true character of these players will be judged (and we know a lot of them are snakes, backstabber and leak more than a sieve). Let's see if Ten Hag can get these jokers to implement the high-press and high-line tactics he's famous for. Playing like City. Since so many people think these players are good enough and we don't need a major rebuild of new players.

The 3 most important questions for me that will determine if Manchester United will have a successful season under Erik Ten Hag;

1. Can De Gea can play or be coached to play as a sweeper-keeper without making loads of mistakes?

2. Can Harry Maguire play or be coached to play high-line football?

3. Can Rashford, Ronaldo and Sancho actually press or be coached to press as part of a team?

If 1 of those above is a no then the whole TenHagBall and philosophy fails. It's a machine and all cogs need to work for the whole system to work.

Last edited:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
She's got it leaked to her by one of the players. That's still a leak.. imagine if we start the season badly how much Melissa Reddy (Sane's girlfriend by the way) will get leaked about it?

Training Ground F.C is all well and good but I'll judge it on actual matches thanks.. all players will have smiles and be eager to impress (like they was under Mourinho, Van Gaal etc) but it's in October/November where the true character of these players will be judged (and we know a lot of them are snakes, backstabber and leak more than a sieve). Let's see if Ten Hag can get these jokers to implement the high-press and high-line tactics he's famous for. Playing like City. Since so many people think these players are good enough and we don't need a major rebuild of new players.

The 3 most important questions for me that will determine if Manchester United will have a successful season under Erik Ten Hag;

1. Can De Gea can play or be coached to play as a sweeper-keeper without making loads of mistakes?

3. Can Rashford, Ronaldo and Sancho actually press or be coached to press as part of a team?

If 1 of those above is a no then the whole TenHagBall and philosophy fails. It's a machine and all cogs need to work for the whole system to work.
I'm sorry did I ask for your opinion?

By all means post what you want but don't do it by quoting me so I get the annoying little notification that makes me then read it

Godfather

Video anyone running, zoom in and then go forward frame by frame and you will find an unflattering frame that you can then tweet sooner or later- it is the way of the world now......I would imagine the backroom staff will be more interested in things like aerobic endurance, oxygen saturation, BMI etc. than someone looking to maximise their views on twitter.
Mate Shaw looks in pretty bad shape for a footballer. And it's been that way after almost every summer.

sugar_kane

She's got it leaked to her by one of the players. That's still a leak.. imagine if we start the season badly how much Melissa Reddy (Mane's girlfriend by the way) will get leaked about it?

The info will 100% have come from Murtough or Arnold. It's designed to get people excited about the new manager, make the hierarchy look good and get fans excited again.

Why would a player even bother to leak something so positive after about two days of training?

mctrials23

Mate Shaw looks in pretty bad shape for a footballer. And it's been that way after almost every summer.
Yeah but it’s OK because of body positivity and how some people are fat etc etc. I would love to come back from my holiday and take a few months to get back up to speed because I couldn’t be bothered to keep myself interested enough in my profession. They are professional fecking footballers. There is zero excuse for coming back to training tubby. That’s just pure laziness and not giving a feck. I pay more attention to my weight than a guy getting paid more in a week than I earn in a few years and my weight isn’t part of my job.

How people defend him I will never know. Eat less, eat better and move a bit. Weight really is that simple for 99% of people. Especially people who could hire someone to do the vast majority of the hard/time consuming bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.