Are the lads back in training yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Tottenham players SUFFER during Conte's pre-season training:

The sadist in me wishes that Conte was taking our lot for training.
It's a fine balance. On one hand you want fit players but running them into the ground means your next session will suffer for it and you might risk injury.
Plus I'm sure a new manager will want to focus a bit more on tactics as well compared to someone who's been there a lot longer. We'll see if we get the balance right.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Nice clip. Never thought pre-season practice could be that exciting to watch :D. Thanks @Dante

We can still see some carelles passings there, with hard to control ball passes.

Last edited:

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
It's a fine balance. On one hand you want fit players but running them into the ground means your next session will suffer for it and you might risk injury.
Plus I'm sure a new manager will want to focus a bit more on tactics as well compared to someone who's been there a lot longer. We'll see if we get the balance right.
I wouldn't say 6 months is a lot longer to be fair.

Either way, I'm sure there's a lot of cardio work being done too, our players were crazily lazy last season.

BlackBen

Nice video.

Really glad EtH has taken a hands on approach. You can tell he really loves coaching and focusing on the basics along with the detailed stuff. IMO the video highlights how under coached the players have been, with them struggling with some of the basics, especially the passing drills but I’m sure with time most of them will come good.

I think young Iqbal may be the surprise inclusion this season. Exciting times eh!

romufc

We are so starved of some sort of coaching, we are seeing him involved with every drill. I like the punishment thing, it gives the players some sort of responsibility when they concede.

Glorio

We are so starved of some sort of coaching, we are seeing him involved with every drill. I like the punishment thing, it gives the players some sort of responsibility when they concede.
I hope and actually suspect it will instill a subconscious genuine hatred of losing

Skills

Snitch
I hope and actually suspect it will instill a subconscious genuine hatred of losing
Or its just a bit of fun to lighten the mood up and install a bit of camaraderie between the group

Adamsk7

This is truly amazing to see - not because it's anything revolutionary but because our team have clearly been starved of any sort of modern training structure with a hands on coaching approach. You can see by looking at these drills and how other top teams perform them that we are waaaaaay off BUT at least we are doing it now. I am actually more optimistic that we will see massive improvements in the players that are here already because the likes of Rashford, Martial, Sancho, Fred etc have all been some of the top prospects about at one stage - that means the ingredients are there, there just hasn't been a good chef putting it all together.
I love the way Ten Hag is literally in the mix of all the drills, shouting feedback, positive and negative, all of the time. This is how he is going to win the players over - they will want to impress on a daily basis due to his obsession with their improvement, they will fear his wrath and yet it seems after the hard training is done, he's also good at putting his arm around them and building a good personal bond.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Didn't see Hannibal in any training videos yet. I'm keen for him to make an impression on this tour.

Glorio

Or its just a bit of fun to lighten the mood up and install a bit of camaraderie between the group
Yep ... But doesn't have to be one or the other. It's the same as a friendly bet or swear jar or any of those things, they're fun, but they also foster a sense of accountability

gregor

Couldn't spot Garner on any of those photos, at least De Gea and Varane are there.

romufc

Keep hearing players coming out talking about how fit they are, how intense training is, I keep falling into this trap.

PSTD with these lot is a real thing, I will believe it when I see them in the first 10 PL games doing it for 90 minutes.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
We should be expecting them to play more than 45 mins tomorrow right? Some of the players I mean.

Revaulx

Ole was a serial bullshitter. He just had a great knack of knowing what the fanbase wanted to hear.
Harsh. I’m sure he genuinely recognised that the fitness was awful and wished it to improve.

His desire to be nice to the players and not upset them by making them work hard set him up to fail.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I am suspicious when someone says he's super fit after a few weeks of training. Lets wait and see how we can stand against EPL opponents.

IrishRedDevil

I don't care how many photographs I see of a tired looking player drinking water.

Show me the stats after the Brighton game!

SoCross

Remember when Ole said we shoud be the fittest in the land. What happeed to that?
We were quite fit in his first full season. Can't recall the second season all that much, think there was a drop.

Drainy

Remember when Ole said we shoud be the fittest in the land. What happeed to that?
Covid-19 disrupted a season, we then had European football to play at the end of the season leaving us with the least amount of recovery time of any club in England and the least pre-season, and we didn't recruit to account for that and never caught back up.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Are the lads training today?

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I think we came back quite fit in Ole's first season but he didn't follow suit on that fitness regime after a bunch of players got injured and got away from focusing on fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.