Are we going all in on the transfer market?

Polar

Some rumours saying Ole would be heavily supported in the next transfer window, especially if we stay top-4 at the end of the season.

I remember Woodward also said United is in a financial position to take advantage of the Covid situations, and the next transfer window is probably the last one to benefit from the situation; buy players with great discount.

For some reason I’ve started to have high expectations before a transfer window. I really want us to buy a striker or a RW, a central midfielder and a CB.

In today’s market I think it’s possible to get 3 world class players Striker/RW, a CM/CDM and a CB for between 200-250m.

Do you think 200-250m is possible if we are able to sell Pogba for 60m and also sell some of the players we have on loan, example Pereira, Lingard for 30-40m?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I can't see how this summer is going to be any different to last summer, if anything clubs should have less money to spend now

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
We will have more money to throw around than most. Well get Sancho done, or an equivalent, then might bring another one or two lower profile players in.

Deery

Dreary
I hate these threads every season, if we sell £80m we can spend £300m when does it ever happen like...

Deery

Dreary
We will have more money to throw around than most. Well get Sancho done, or an equivalent, then might bring another one or two lower profile players in.
We’ve lost £112m this year due to covid.

Bwuk

If we can we should.

Ole has slowly gotten rid of a lot of the deadwood, with more to go this summer I imagine.

I don’t think we need numbers more so than I think we need one or two top top players. We have a lot of exciting youth breaking through that can help provide depth.

Unless Haaland is available this summer, and assuming we renew Cavani, I’d get Sancho and a CB as priority.

I would imagine Romero, Jones, Dalot, Andreas, Mata, Lingard and Chong will all definately leave, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Matic, Tuanzebe, James or Martial were sold either.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
We won’t be spending much. People will be really disappointed if they think otherwise. The reduced revenues we are generating due to covid will just be enough to pay wages, debt and interest ... oh and dividends.

buckooo1978

nah I reckon it will be fairly tight again given Covid/Glazernomics

Think it will be Pogba out plus whatever we raise from Lingard/Pereira with about 50m on top

maybe 120m is my hunch

Withnail

nah I reckon it will be fairly tight again given Covid/Glazernomics

Think it will be Pogba out plus whatever we raise from Lingard/Pereira with about 50m on top

maybe 120m is my hunch
I'm not sure anyone will be in for Pogba.

If we don't have money, the other big spenders aren't likely to have money to spend either.

Deery

Dreary
I’ll go out on a limb and say we might sign Varane but will probably end up with Ramos..

Ekeke

No.

When was the last time it could be described as us going "all in" ? Chelsea went all in last summer

RedDevil@84

No ways. This summer will be as bad as the last or even worse. We may still get some underwhelming signings and we can hope they step up massively.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Unless the Glazers’ are as joyfully drunk as their QB Tom Brady after the Super Bowl parade, I don’t see them dropping 250M in whatever currency you’re using there.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
No chance. We'll spend less than 'normal' like every one else. Not sure where the idea that we'll have loads of cash and others won't is coming from.

There will be an nonsense article from somewhere that we're going to spend £200m+ and many will take it as gospel like every other summer.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We do pretty well every summer window in terms of spend. Usually 100-150m net. I'd bet 100m net this summer.
  • Trippier - 10-15m
  • CB - 60m
  • Sancho - 70m?
  • No idea if we're even looking for a defensive midfielder but we should
Pogba outgoing for 50-60m or so to fund Sancho or the defensive mid.

Polar

Suppose the Glazers’s are familiar with buying low and hope they are willing to take some risk in that regard. If United sell for 90m we should at least be expected to spend 150-200m.

acnumber9

I see we’re at the part of the cycle where the club pretends we’re going to spend lots of cash, this window will be different, our recruitment has been revolutionised etc. We’ll do the same shit we always do, which is scramble around like a drunk in the dark before failing to get what we need.

Polar

130m = Sancho, Rice and (bomb) Ajer.That’s a lot of quality for 130m.

Someone maybe surprised I mention Ajer, even myself :lol: Ajer is 22y and Celtic rate him highly, and many supporters suggest him as captain and want the club to offer him “the best deal” to make him stay. He has been their best player in what they call “a bad season”. Some people compare him with VVD, who left Celtic when he was 24y. Ajer doesn’t have the same speed as VVD, and that’s maybe a disadvantage, but for 20m it’s worth the risk.

AFC NimbleThumb

I see we’re at the part of the cycle where the club pretends we’re going to spend lots of cash, this window will be different, our recruitment has been revolutionised etc. We’ll do the same shit we always do, which is scramble around like a drunk in the dark before failing to get what we need.
Rinse. Repeat.

Tarrou

Just a couple of first teamers would be enough to kick on

Three if Pogba leaves

I can’t see us doing anything too big

Red00012

It’ll be a long and frustrating summer with each Euro game been played we will be linked to every player that’s gets a 8/10 rating

redshaw

No I don't see it happening and we may not see full stadiums until 2022.

is anyone going to give us decent money for some of our players aside from some oil club? Doubt it either but some think Juve is going to give us a load of dosh for Pogba with a year left..

Probably going to be a centre back and a small chance of a player swap

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Hopefully one or two of the young lads knocking on the door can make the breakthrough because it seems unlikely that major investments will be made.

Tallis

think we will spend similar to this year - around £60-70 m plus any outgoings. Hopefully we can maximise proceeds from outgoings. We need to address 3 main issues - Pogba replacement, CB and one of the front three (which position will depend on how Amad, Mason do for the rest of the season). Plus looks like Ole wants a backup RB.

Dante

Average bang
Our revenues will be even smaller than last season, so almost certainly not. This Summer will likely be quiet for everyone.

BoltonWanderer

Supports
Bolton Wanderers
There'll never be a better window for a club like United. I get the scepticism because of previous years but there's never been a better chance to spend big in order to establish your position. The only big club in Europe who aren't going to struggle are Munich, so it's a perfect time to get players from Barca, Real, Dortmund etc. for less than what they're worth. You might be able to save £50m on two/three players compared to a normal year, so there is a great opportunity to invest now.

European clubs will suffer because of the slow vaccine roll out, they won't have fans in by the start of the next season. United likely will. That's a huge bonus and it's putting United in the driving seat, so whilst I can understand the scepticism, everyone involved at the top must realise that there's never been a better time to seriously invest in the starting 11.

These players will still be world class in a year, United will still need them then if they don't act now, so the only difference is that the price will be significantly higher if they hold back.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I don't think so. If we finish in a good position I actually see us spending less money. That's just business for Glazers.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Probably just one big signing and maybe 2 value ones.

My guess is:

Big signing: Grealish or Sancho
Value: Milenkovic, some defensive midfielder no one has heard of.

Would be nice if we could go big and get Haaland as well but I doubt that will happen this summer. Maybe next summer.

Scholsey2004

I think a swap for Pogba might be our main business. Id still like to sign Sancho but i wouldnt be amazed if we arent willing to spend half what BVB were asking last summer with the way things are so probably wont happen.

UpWithRivers

Chase 1 player all summer. Try sell Pogba all summer. Both dont happen. Buy a 50 mill player and a youngster.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
All we need is 3 players ie a CB, a CM to replace Pogba and a top top striker.