Are we now seeing the Carrick-McKenna influence?

fellaini's barber

It was a case of having good individuals players playing with confidence (Ibra and Pogba) than anything to do with Mourinho's attacking masterclass. Reason why we struggled when one of them wasn't available or out of form. Reason why every Mourinho's team couldn't sustain good football for longer period than 4 or 5 months at best, because when those quality players tired, no one else can replicate what they offer.
In other words Jose has never played attacking football in his career and anytime his team did it was because of something else? Ok

LoveFootball

In other words Jose has never played attacking football in his career and anytime his team did it was because of something else? Ok
Yes, you got it. Tell me that one time you watched one of his team and think there was a revolutionary master attacking tactic behind them? Or it's always the case of playing counter attacking football with much better players?

-Supreme-

What have they been doing in training? If Ole gets the sack then these two surely can't remain here

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
What have they been doing in training? If Ole gets the sack then these two surely can't remain here
Of course. The whole management & coaching staff should sacked. The blind leading the blind sums them up.

OldSchoolManc

All too conservative.
Worked for McKenna in the unders and for Carrick in his head.

Watch Woodward sack Ole and promote Carrick to manager now...

Beagle

Bunch of amateurs. They've had months with this group and still can't get any tune out of them. They need to be sacked at the earliest.

Skills

Snitch
They've been a shit haven't they? Mourinho started shitting the bed when they came on board.

AFC NimbleThumb

McKenna needs demotion. He’s astute at youth level.

Carrick needs to umbilical cord cut & needs to make a post- United way in the game.

spiriticon

I have to say, they are amateur coaches and it shows.

We need to get Quieroz and Meulensteen back for a bit so that Carrick and McKenna can learn how to coach a first team properly.

Everything about our club is so amateur at the moment. From CEO to manager to staff to players.

Awful.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
When Carrick retired as a player he suddenly became the best thing ever and everyone rewrote his career with us.

I suspect his coaching is as bland as he was as a player. He has always been a sideways merchant and in coaching it is displayed

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
When Carrick retired as a player he suddenly became the best thing ever and everyone rewrote his career with us.

I suspect his coaching is as bland as he was as a player. He has always been a sideways merchant and in coaching it is displayed
He'd instantly be the best midfielder in this team by a massive mile, and that's not (only) a knock on the current options.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Correct.

So the whole let’s bring in ex players who know the Utd way is not working.
P.Neville and Carrick, two personas with the charisma of a potato peeler.
Bring back Ronaldo, his aura and greatness will surely inspire more greatness.
Stop bringing in water carriers who got a free ride.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
All too conservative.
Worked for McKenna in the unders and for Carrick in his head.

Watch Woodward sack Ole and promote Carrick to manager now...
Except McKenna was never conservative for us or Spurs.

What's telling is we play absolutely nothing like a McKenna side and we look shit. Meanwhile, Lampard plays the same as Jody Morris and they look great going forward. Why have the two best youth coaches in the country gone different routes. Why are we not implementing any of McKenna's style or why has he randomly changed his style after years of being rated the top youth coach in the country alongside Morris?

Fooza

Wish I had their jobs, get paid and whether the results are shocking or not, no pressure on them and you get to still be in a job.

Red00012

Carrick was never the talker on the field and it doesn’t look like he’s a talker off the field. It’s as if he’s thinking if i just sit here for 90 mins I’d mightn’t be noticed.

Utdstar01

What's telling is we play absolutely nothing like a McKenna side and we look shit. Meanwhile, Lampard plays the same as Jody Morris and they look great going forward. Why have the two best youth coaches in the country gone different routes. Why are we not implementing any of McKenna's style or why has he randomly changed his style after years of being rated the top youth coach in the country alongside Morris?
It's a strange one that's for sure.

Ban

Thats some nice revisionism right there. I know situation is bad but let's not disrespect ex players cause of that.

Ban

Correct.

P.Neville and Carrick, two personas with the charisma of a potato peeler.
Bring back Ronaldo, his aura and greatness will surely inspire more greatness.
Stop bringing in water carriers who got a free ride.
Carrick was a water carrier?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Carrick is useless. Players said they they respected Faria because he is very tough and he had authority. I see Carrick as some nice guy who is friend to players. Not good for that job

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
To be fair Guardiola, Klopp, Pochettino, Simeone and the current WC winner were all attacking players.

mu4c_20le

Could be that Chelsea have a properly implemented structure for their youth players to work their way up and be integrated into the first team setup, rather than our way of picking the best of the crop of youngsters and using them to fill holes in the first team when there are injuries or underperforming players. I've also had the feeling that they never really clicked with Mourinho, I remember they were promoted to the first team by Woodward in a bid to improve our style aesthetically. Jose might've felt undermined as a manager. If they didnt click then McKenna wouldn't have had much influence or opportunity to implement his style.

Red00012

Judging on AZ and today’s games, Carrick has gone back to basics and brought back what he did for the most of his Utd career. Pass it back and sideways.

Judas

Open to offers
Would presume they'll be moved on with Ole when he eventually goes. Although we don't get to see them on the training pitch, from what we do see its hard to know what they bring exactly.