Are we starting to see the end of City and Liverpool as the 2 best clubs in England ?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Hope so, this huge title winningstreak from Pool and City is anoying. I mean, they've won like 5 titles between them in the last 30 years. It's becoming stale.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Could it happen? Yes

Will it happen? Yes

Will it happen soon? Probably not

Key for Liverpool will be keeping Klopp.
I wonder what happens when the Bayern job or Germany job becomes available? Especially if he’s already won the CL and PL at Liverpool. Managers for 20+ years is a thing of the past

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
See the end? They’ve been the top 2 for the last what? 2 seasons including this one? These things go in cycles. Hardly worth discussing unless the top 2 have been the same for years like United and Arsenal in 2003.

Paul_Scholes18

See the end? They’ve been the top 2 for the last what? 2 seasons including this one? These things go in cycles. Hardly worth discussing unless the top 2 have been the same for years like United and Arsenal in 2003.
It is far too long enough already. Need to take them down by getting a top manager in ad a top right winger,

Mr Parker

Supports
Liverpool
Could it happen? Yes

Will it happen? Yes

Will it happen soon? Probably not

Key for Liverpool will be keeping Klopp.
I wonder what happens when the Bayern job or Germany job becomes available? Especially if he’s already won the CL and PL at Liverpool. Managers for 20+ years is a thing of the past
Judging by what Klopp has said in previous interviews I doubt he would ever manage Bayern. He likes a challenge of building a team, he doesn't want to go in to a team that already wins the league every year. I could definitely see him managing Germany when he decides to leave Liverpool though.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Klopp has a contract for another 4 seasons until the end of ‘23/24. Unless we fall off a cliff or some unforeseen personal circumstances intervene I expect him to stay until then. He will just be turning 57 and unless he wants a sabbatical the timing would be perfect for him to take over Germany ahead of their 2026 WC qualifiers. He is on record as saying he doesn’t want to have a managerial career as long as SAF or Wenger so this timeframe would allow him to manage Germany for 4 years thru a WC and a Euros and still retire by the age of 61.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Klopp has a contract for another 4 seasons until the end of ‘23/24. Unless we fall off a cliff or some unforeseen personal circumstances intervene I expect him to stay until then. He will just be turning 57 and unless he wants a sabbatical the timing would be perfect for him to take over Germany ahead of their 2026 WC qualifiers. He is on record as saying he doesn’t want to have a managerial career as long as SAF or Wenger so this timeframe would allow him to manage Germany for 4 years thru a WC and a Euros and still retire by the age of 61.
So enjoy it whilst you can. 4 years will fly in