Are you looking forward to the Newcastle United era?

Skills

Snitch
As a United fan, it'll be a massive relief once they get their shit together. We won't have to suffer Liverpool & Man City cleaning it all up year after year.

Chelsea have probably given us our 2 best moments since Fergie retired (the slip & the CL final last season), so it'll be nice to have someone else there to spoil the party.

Pickle85

As a United fan, it'll be a massive relief once they get their shit together. We won't have to suffer Liverpool & Man City cleaning it all up year after year.

Chelsea have probably given us our 2 best moments since Fergie retired (the slip & the CL final last season), so it'll be nice to have someone else there to spoil the party.
Terrible thread

Abraxas

Not at all. The same unhealthy cycle that is bad for football but good for one club.

Sparky Rhiwabon

It took Manchester City three years after their takeover before they won the league so it may be a while but yes, it will be fantastic to have a team that is not one of our deadliest rivals winning everything in sight.

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
Nope, another plastic club made of oil money just gives more power to the Arabs.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
When it does get to the point that Abu Dhabi and Saudi Arabia are dividing success and every other club is waiting for another questionable multi-billionaire to come along and bankroll a sportswashing project I'll probably pack it in.

Skills

Snitch
When it does get to the point that Abu Dhabi and Saudi Arabia are dividing success and every other club is waiting for another questionable multi-billionaire to come along and bankroll a sportswashing project I'll probably pack it in.
I'll take it over Liverpool & Man City doing it

Blood Mage

It will lead to a European Super League guaranteed. It's the only way the old guard of European giants will be able to remain relevant and financially stable.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If it means the Scouse not winning, I'll support an alien invasion, so this is quite tame in comparison.

Come on you Magpies, get yours sticks together!!!

Skills

Snitch
It will lead to a European Super League guaranteed. It's the only way the old guard of European giants will able to remain relevant and financially stable.
I liked the Super League idea, but we'd be the whipping boys of the Super League along with Tottenham and Arsenal.

Chripper

I'm looking forward to watching "The Batman".

Hopefully I watch it before Putin nukes us all, if not, I'll be super pissed!

Dan-Utd

I'm looking forward to it simply because it will be nice to see an English manager get the chance to splash the cash, we haven't seen that before on the scale that Manchester City and Chelsea have given their managers a war chest to spend.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see rules come in 5 years down the line that effectively stamp out the possibility of shady billionaires buying football clubs - which I think will cause big problems to the clubs currently owned by them when they decide to sell up as less buyers will be interested... and should that happen - it's hard enough for fans to save a poorly ran football club as it is so fans of a club who splash the cash in a way that Manchester City and Chelsea do - will have zero chance of ever being able to save that club from going under should it end up going that way.

Chripper

I'm looking forward to it simply because it will be nice to see an English manager get the chance to splash the cash
It would surprise me when Newcastle really get established and get their feet under the table, they'll appoint a manager with genuine pedigree.

Or they might slum it and get Poch.

I see Howe as nothing but a placeholder. And someone brought it just to steady the ship, which he has done.

Tyrion

Nope, another plastic club made of oil money just gives more power to the Arabs.
Correct however, at least Newcastles gullible fanbase won't constantly be trying to wind us up because they think we're rivals somehow.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
I think Newcastle will be challenging the season after next. They will flaunt the rules and when challenged just throw high paid lawyers at the authorities.

I’m loving my life

As we slip into perennial 5th -11th place struggles due to PL sanctioned financial doping by these abomination ‘clubs’ completely and comprehensively wrecking football as we know it, then yes I’ll look forward to it-if only to finally cut ties with football for good.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
No, the only part that excites me about relegation is getting away from the cnuts like these.

UpWithRivers

The Putin regime was great and Im looking forward to the Islamic fundamentalist era. Maybe if we're lucky we can have some capital punishment at half time then down a few brown ales and off home to put the missis in her place

Jev

Would much rather have Liverpool winning than a club bankrolled by blood money.

Darth Revan

Careful what you wish for. After 2026. when (i hope) both Pep and Klopp leave, maybe man utd will be fighting for titles, imagine Newcastle winning one after another by small margins

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
At least when Newcastle are a force despite having zero fans outside their town, they'll have to increase the champs league spots again.

Though we might need it down to top 10 by then.

therationalprophet

This is such a depressing take. True but still sad as shit. :/

Sparky Rhiwabon

Newcastle are now 3rd behind Man City and Liverpool for 2022 points. They’ll be after our top 6 place next season. Will no doubt strengthen further in the summer as well.