Are you more likely to post on the Caf when you're unhappy with the club?

Web of Bissaka

Not happening with me.
It's more of a random moments when to check the caf and posting if I feel like it, plus if I'm bored and have freetime.

Posted both during happy and unhappy moments with the club, with basically a balance of "praises" and "critics" usually, well I tried to do that, doesn't always came off. One sided perspective is not complete imo. Expressing self honest feelings and thoughts, while taking fellow posters many perspectives into consideration, to help me understand things better and then maybe to feel better about it.

Avoided the caf mostly during the very dark days eg. Moyes (lurker during this time and prev with Fergie), LVG's 2nd season and Mou's 3rd season. Let alone depress watching the team play horrible football, even the majority of posts at caf are depressing, really not helping. Still checked a very few times in those times and oh my gawd -- cafe of red depression. Watching, thinking and talking/discussing about United in those horrible days is so bad and almost always pointless with all the emotions running around.

It's definitely a lot of fun now, with Ole and co making it feels United again.
There will be more upcoming dark clouds definitely as expected, and for sure people (including me) like always will react or over react and all, but hey, no problem. Rather have both rose tinted glass and the reactionary posts together, with many posts ranges in between the two extremes than having just one side only. I find it pointless if the caf is too over gloomy only, or even if the caf is too over-optimistic/over-happy only. When that happened (= caf too much on just one extreme), then I usually just take a break away from the caf.

OlesWheel

I’ve come back to the caf after the whole moyes fiasco. Just couldn’t handle it. Realised my old account was no longer active so made a new one and also glad to have got rid of the old name tag I had.

Good to be back and seeing loads of positive stuff said on here again (I didn’t come on during Mourinho’s second year).

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
My reading habits never really change. Posting however depends on the number of interesting threads there are that I can contribute a thought to. Wouldn't say theres a direct correlation with our results, though most of us are probably more likely to vent when things arent going as we'd like.

Minimalist

Honestly? Yes. And I think it makes sense why most would do the same.

To keep it simple: when I feel things are going well enough according to my expectations as a supporter, I’m not that interested in seeing people nitpick the team or how it’s managed.

When there’s genuine issues, there’s a discussion worth having.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
If we play badly then immediately after the game I'm more likely to post as I like to rant/moan and point out all the niggly things about our performances that suddenly seem ten times as annoying.

General unhappiness with the club/results less so. If anything I get put off posting as it becomes a circus on here.

CM

Probably. There isn't that much to say when you're happy with the direction the club is going in.

Mourinho created so much conflict it was hard not to ignore. There would be several pages of responses to his press conferences every week, crazy when you think about it.

James_42

I usually tend to lurk only, but if the club is struggling I will avoid this forum because the super negative posters make this place unbearable.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I post whenever theres something to talk about.

Nonsense is always there, online and in real life. You'll have deluded fans everywhere from Liverpool to United to English national team so thsts not an issue for me

ArjenIsM3

To be honest the doom and gloom on here sometimes is embarrassing. I'm all for a bit of realism but I think that's severely lacking here. Either we're world beaters or we're awful :lol:

Kag

I post when we’re doing well, as the player threads - which could provoke interesting debate - descend into farce when we don’t win. I’m also quite active when I’ve lost all hope and need to vent about the bloke (or idiot, more recently) in charge.

Vadim

I come on here more when things are going well. I can't stand the nonsense you have to read when results aren't going out way.

The knee jerks are embarrassing.
Same. The matchday thread was horrific on Saturday. I logged in for a quick look and after just 5 minutes the usual knobheads were losing their minds.

Our fans on here, not all, but a good portion of them - are horrible spoilt cnuts.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Viewing the caf for me hasn't changed regardless of how we are going, though I definitely post a lot less in the football area when things are going poorly. I find it difficult to bother reading or responding to a constant stream of negativity.

The Nani

I could barely stomach watching matches during Mourinho’s tenure. Never mind thinking or reading about it after the fact. By the end of last season, I was avoiding football print altogether. What an insufferable toad of a man. He was never one of us.

Thank the footballing deities for Ole. He brought me back into the fold. Football is fun again.

Sereques

Nope. I post more when we are doing well. This place is so depressing after a loss and most times I don’t bother to read.

I post more when am upset with fellow United fans.

StonedhamsterZA

I think the rule of thumb is that human nature dictates we are normally wired to complain about stuff in a public forum rather than compliment things.

I'm not saying that's everyone, but most people would rather moan about a bad meal at a restaurant than post a good review.

I'm probably part of that group as well, looking for like-minded people to share frustrations with after a bad game or a poor decision by a player or the board etc.

Ashley R1+O

I disagree, still think there's plenty left to fix. Solskjaer's appointment has given us a lot of optimism for the future though, which is all that matters.
When I say "fix" I mean vicariously as a fan, having to painstakingly understand decision making and be vocal and analytical about it all beyond just watching the team play and enjoying it because you like the players and staff and want to watch your team play because 'its football innit'. The metric of trust is probably a better way to explain it.

Boy are you in for a surprise.
I dunno, maybe. I feel like I'm more secure in my understanding of the club now and considering reading a lot of the inane ramblings on this site the feeling is somewhat galvanized.

But either way, supporting a team and discussing it is a singular outward projection. Agree or disagree, it is no fuzz of my barnet.

Same. The matchday thread was horrific on Saturday. I logged in for a quick look and after just 5 minutes the usual knobheads were losing their minds.

Our fans on here, not all, but a good portion of them - are horrible spoilt cnuts.
Wholeheartedly agree! I try to avoid the matchday thread, no matter how we are playing - it’s just a cesspit of vile posts. You read the comments and can’t believe that any of these people have actually watched football before. They wouldn’t be happy if we won 5-0 every week.

Siorac

Yeah, I have a greater urge to share my opinions when we're shit.

When United play well, there's not much to say apart from 'wow that was fecking great'. It's a lot better to read others fellating us than performing the fellatio myself.

And when we lose, there's an added motivation: the Caf becomes inundated with those - strongly represented in this thread, too - who call anyone who dares to point out that we played terribly a spoilt, horrible, knee-jerking fan. These people are far more annoying than the actual spoilt kneejerkers.

AgentP

The best time I had on this forum was during Pogba's transfer saga! I also try to avoid the caf after bad results.

TRUERED89

I'm here whether we win, lose or draw to be honest. The place can be extremely negative at times (although not as bad as the official forum that closed down) but I still like to come and discuss matters, regardless of our last result.

dangler

I rarely post, apparently I'm not worthy of posting yet.

Anyway even on the mufc boards, when the had one, I was mostly a lurker and replied scarcely. I think I had 70 post in 7-8 years.

The trend seems to be that people post more after loses and on transfer windows.

Djemba-Djemba

I post more when things are going well.

The last few weeks of Mourinho I tried to avoid any football talk as much as possible. Too depressing.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Unhappy customers are far more likely to complain to others about a poor service than happy customers are to praise a good one.

A grim way to look at it in terms of the way we support our club but its the way it is.

ROFLUTION

I would say I'm the opposite. I avoid the caf when things are really bad because it's so negative and everyone places people in "camps". I like to post when I and others on the forum are more clear-headed.
This too for me. When people resort to just wanting to yell and listen to themselves, they might as well talk to a wall.