Argentina NT | WC Discussion

Lecland07

They need to improve a lot if they want to do anything this world cup.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
gifted a penalty to help keep their goal difference in check.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
They were inferior so not a freak match(although they did dominate possession) but these kinds of results do happen here and there so I won't count them out just yet.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
My prediction was that we would face Argentina in the quarters and get demolished. Not saying we were amazing, but unlike Argentina we can defend quite well.

IFC 1905

we were absolutely horrid, nothing compared to the games we've played.

Saudi Arabia played extremely well and I believe Mexico and Poland must be worried aswell.

I expect the team to improve, it's not the first time we start pretty bad and recover.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Think they're going to go out at the group stage. Mexico and Poland won't be easy for them either.

IFC 1905

My prediction was that we would face Argentina in the quarters and get demolished. Not saying we were amazing, but unlike Argentina we can defend quite well.

Argentina's big standout has been it's defense. Everything that didn't happen before happened today. They shot twice and scored two goals.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Argentina's big standout has been it's defense. Everything that didn't happen before happened today. They shot twice and scored two goals.
Oh it is? Granted I'm basing my judgement on today's game alone as I never watch em play, but they looked very suspect.

slored1

Lo Celso is a big miss. Kind of surprised how much they missed him today.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
What surprised me is how they kept crossing the ball in the box when there wasn't anyone there for starters, and even when there was someone there they were getting bullied by the Saudi defenders. They could've tried for another hour and wouldn't have scored that way.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I wanted them to win this WC, but no chance based on this performance they need to improve and fast.

Played off the pitch by Saudi, Argentina if they get through this group will probably play the Netherlands.

The midfield options are just lacking, Saudi were able to play through them the two goals.

Enzo Fernandes needs to start, so does Mac Allistar and Paredes.

Di Maria is done

izec

That was quite bad. I only see them going out in the group stage, their attack wont bail them out like last time.

Irwin99

I'm shocked by how poor they were after seeing them at the last Copa America. That was horrendous.

Hope they manage to improve and make it out of the group. Won't be easy now :nervous:

al.gabiru

Argentina was without a deeper creator. Saudi Arabia advanced the lines and the midfielders were unable to maintain possession and distribute the ball. Paredes and De Paul very badly.

Scaloni left Di María stuck on the right wing. He should have retreated to the middle.

There you see the importance of players like Pirlo, Scholes and Modric against teams that use high pressure

Red the Bear

Something less generic
This could be an outlier, their defense was exceptionally solid in their copa win.

Fenomeno9

I think they will still be okay. I don’t think Poland and Mexico can match the intensity the Saudi played with today to trouble them and plus I expect Scaloni to make adjustments.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
They were so bad in the second half. Saudi played great but you would hope Argentina can play a lot better than they showed today.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Can somebody please tell me who of the youngsters are currently considered as potential future stars?

Pirlo'sBeard

They should have brought Garnacho.

He would have been a great option from the bench when chasing the goal. Everything was too slow.

Pintu

This could be an outlier, their defense was exceptionally solid in their copa win.
Romero is nowhere near the player he was for Atalanta, Injuries probably f**d him up. He looks shambles. Martinez should be playing if they want to stand a chance at making it out of the group stage...

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
It was really terrible by Argentina but I think they will bounce back in the next match. I will bet on that.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Romero is nowhere near the player he was for Atalanta, Injuries probably f**d him up. He looks shambles. Martinez should be playing if they want to stand a chance at making it out of the group stage...
Yeah I think that's what gonna happen from this point on.

poleglass red

been a while since I've seen Di Maria play, he looks done, not sure if that's indicative of his play in general these days, or just a bad day at the office. If he plays a few more games like that he'll be getting a call to appear on the Piers Morgan show.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Enzo and Lisandro need to start. Thought the keeper could have done better with both goals too especially the first.

BarcaSpurs

They should still get out of the group but Saudi showed that they can't cope with heavy pressing and intensity. No pace in the team, the only outlet was Di Maria who isn't extremely fast these days.