Arm Wrestling

cyberman

May be a long shot but any armwrestling fans on here? Biggest pull of all time is confirmed for a June 25. Levan v Devon.
For those who don’t know, Levan is a beast who has that much HGH in his system that he never loses a round never mind a match.
Devon is the best in North America who has pushed the sport through the stratosphere .

SirAnderson

May be a long shot but any armwrestling fans on here? Biggest pull of all time is confirmed for a June 25. Levan v Devon.
For those who don’t know, Levan is a beast who has that much HGH in his system that he never loses a round never mind a match.
Devon is the best in North America who has pushed the sport through the atmosphere.
Oooh interesting this.
Never watched competitive matches before, will keep this tab on watch so please tag whenever there are events on. :)

cyberman

Oooh interesting this.
Never watched competitive matches before, will keep this tab on watch so please tag whenever there are events on. :)
Just got into it about 6 months ago. The technique involved is unreal, I thought it was just strongest to the pad but I couldn’t be more wrong.
There’s a clip of Devon arm wrestling strongest man in the world Thor and he handled Thor like a baby.

Jack-C20

Been watching Devon videos for ages. The guy is a freak. Then again if he’s a freak, Levan is a monster. It’s really opened my eyes about how tactical it is. John Brzenk is another legend. Also take a look at Richard Lupkes. He looks like a guy in a photoshopped thumbnail but he’s real.

Larry Wheels is a new name who recently started arm wrestling and has apparently brought a lot of attention to the sport.

cyberman

Anything bonkers like double fractures happen like in the movies?
Yep, that’s part of the technique though. Rarely happens at the elite level but further down it’s easy to do if your arm is far from your body and you twist with your shoulder.

cyberman

:nervous:

That sounds brutal.
Not technique as setting out to break an arm but to defend against it.
For non pros there are techniques that are banned in case someone breaks an arm but a pro reserves the right to risk his arm for a pin.

0le

Not the sport's biggest fan, far from it, but wish the sport every success.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Not technique as setting out to break an arm but to defend against it.
For non pros there are techniques that are banned in case someone breaks an arm but a pro reserves the right to risk his arm for a pin.
Suddenly, I’m intrigued. I know nothing of the sport really. It’s popped up on my YouTube suggestions once or twice, but I’ve never bothered to click.

Sounds like an extreme sport with seriously high stakes. What kind of money are they out there sacrificing arms for?

cyberman

Suddenly, I’m intrigued. I know nothing of the sport really. It’s popped up on my YouTube suggestions once or twice, but I’ve never bothered to click.

Sounds like an extreme sport with seriously high stakes. What kind of money are they out there sacrificing arms for?
There’s little tournaments that add up over the year but the elite now wait for super matches against each other these days for around 50k a piece. King of the table is a new event that is pitching dream matches every 3 odd months. Eastern Europe has a more serious league where they don’t fight for grip etc with less theatrics so there’s less money there. There isn’t an all encompassing organisation so prize money does vary

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Larratt is fun guy and he has several entertaining videos with Jujimufu.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
How do they decide which arm they use? In the video posted it's sometimes left handed, sometimes right handed.

JPRouve

Scout
How do they decide which arm they use? In the video posted it's sometimes left handed, sometimes right handed.
Like any other sports, they generally have a stronger arm or one they are more comfortable with. Some compete in both categories.

cyberman

There’s right handed competitions and left. They just have to agree but the vast majority of arm wrestlers use their right

JPRouve

Scout
Anyone watch the Slapping Championships?
Mate, stop asking questions. The more you ask, the more people will realize how weird we are. If they don't already know.

JPRouve

Scout
Slapfights are only worth it in russian or polish.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Seen a few videos of that Devon on YouTube. His arm shape must help as well? He's got ape-like arms.

Just googled that Levan. No regulations in the sport then?

cyberman

Seen a few videos of that Devon on YouTube. His arm shape must help as well? He's got ape-like arms.

Just googled that Levan. No regulations in the sport then?
Nope. That’s what makes Eastern Europeans so hardcore in the sport.
Google Denis Cyplenkov for a latter day Levan. He was unbeatable until his liver stepped up. Actually best Devon 6-0 when they pulled left handed