Arnau Puigmal

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Probably the player that has most surprised me this year, had been used as a bit of a utility player in the past but has been class this year.

Thiagoal

The perfect example why people need to give youth players the chance to develop in their own time! Been great this year and developing into a good all round midfielder!

Whether he’ll ever get the opportunity at United is doubtful but he’ll have a very good career I reckon

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
He could have been disappointed about his easy miss but no he has reacted very fast and scored the goal with another attempt.....his work rate for goals and in the defence too has improved so much.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Said it last year that, along with Galbraith, he impressed me more than Garner and Levitt who most people preferred. Nice to see him getting some attention now.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He needs a loan and if he keeps playing like this there’s no reason he won’t get one in the premera liga or the championship/lower PL. He’s already too good for u23 football
I don't think we'll loan him unless he commits to a new contract. But yeah, he looks too good for U23 level.

AltiUn

may do a Gomez
It's possible, I don't think he'd have the same level of expectation for first team football as Gomes, Puigmal's only really come into his own this season. That said the same happened to Ramazani so you never know, I hope he stays, I'm becoming a fan.

Ashish Negi

Playing very well, can play as a 8, 10, and RB. But looks like he will leave for free at the end of season.

AltiUn

He's a very good player. If it eases some minds, as good as he's been I still don't think he was as good Garner was last season in a similar role. He'll be a loss but we've still got a lot of really good midfield talent in the youth ranks. Will still hope he decides to renew though as he's really changed my view on him this season, he's shown good maturity and leadership, which I think has had a really positive impact on Mejbri's game.

Mickson

My gut feeling says he will leave. He's a good player but I don't see him play for a top team. He will end up at Elche or something, and he will have a decent career in La Liga.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s almost definitely going to make it but not here. Not learning anything new at u23s and probably should have had a loan before now. I doubt we sign him up to a new deal but stranger things have happened. Maybe we will and then loan him out. I’d say he would be best off moving permanently to a smaller club that will play him. Not the biggest or strongest but classy on the ball and a good engine. He was a highly rated prospect in Spain before he came and I think he could still reach a good level if he ends up with the right managers.

In Rainbows

Why would he stay? He's path is blocked by Bruno, Pogba or even Donnie. There there is Amad or Mason on the RW...
He's also a rb, but with midfield qualities as opposed to some bombing rb like Laird. So he's a utility type player at the moment which is an advantage other players don't have. For example, having someone like him on the bench would mean you can carry another player as he can cover 2 positions.

Last edited:

mav_9me

If he does not sign here, he will have a nice career in Spain for sure.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He's also a rb, but with midfield qualities as opposed to some bombing rb like Laird. So he's a utility type player at the moment which is an advantage other players don't have. For example, having someone like him on the bench would mean you can carry another player as he can cover 2 positions.
Fair enough but I would have thought at the RB positon would be blocked too -- with AWB and Williams ahead fo him too. I see the need for flexible, multi-positional players. Ole had stated that he would like his front three to be such. The flexi-fullbacks would also give him options in how he sets his teams up against different opponents. But from Puigmal's perspective, I wouldn't be as optimistic to get game time.