Arnau Puigmal

In Rainbows

When do you guys think he'll play next? Think he'll play in he Arsenal match?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Looks a great talent but barely seems to get on the pitch these days.

jb8521

He seems to start on the bench most times I tune in, which isn’t every game of course.
He's started 3 of the last 5 and had a very good tournament at the Sparkasse VGH Cup last week so hopefully he'll get more games as some of the older lads move upto the u23s. He hasn't been helped by Garner & Levitt having such a good partnership in cm and Greenwood doing so well as the number 10 which has restricted his appearances a bit along with Galbraith & Traore needing games as well.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Wasn't that impressed with him yesterday. Don't think I saw him at all in the first half and just about forgot he was even playing until he played the pass down the side for Burkhart. Then shortly after made another clever pass into the box to I forget who. Didn't get involved enough for me.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Wasn't that impressed with him yesterday. Don't think I saw him at all in the first half and just about forgot he was even playing until he played the pass down the side for Burkhart. Then shortly after made another clever pass into the box to I forget who. Didn't get involved enough for me.
I think he has been played in about three different positions so far in stop/start first season so it will be interesting to see how he develops.

It usually takes a season for foreign lads to find their feet. I also thought he looked better when Greenwood was replaced...almost as if they were trying to find the same space at first.

One to watch.

mav_9me

To Greenwood for his goal where he rounded the GK.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Watching him for the first time today for Spains U17 against Germany and he looks fantastic. Great passing and very good technically.

kidbob

Anyone shed some light on how he is doing? Also why has he been playing right back? Seen him play a few Spanish underage games in midfield and he looked excellent there. Also didn't look like a guy who you would turn into a defender.

khoazany

Anyone shed some light on how he is doing? Also why has he been playing right back? Seen him play a few Spanish underage games in midfield and he looked excellent there. Also didn't look like a guy who you would turn into a defender.
He's playing right back because he has played there before for Espanyol and Spain and he's not gonna played ahead of Garner, Levitt or Traore (and he's barely ahead of Galbraith). It's not ideal for him but not that hard to understand, better than staying on the bench.

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He's playing right back because he has played there before for Espanyol and Spain and he's not gonna played ahead of Garner, Levitt or Traore (and he's barely ahead of Galbraith). It's not ideal for him but not that hard to understand, better than staying on the bench.
Garner seems to be in the U23s now, and I’m not sure he’s inferior to Levitt anyway.

KevinJoh

He was playing RB cause we have been short in that position as Laird had to cover on CB. He is back to midfield now.

khoazany

Garner seems to be in the U23s now, and I’m not sure he’s inferior to Levitt anyway.
It's not about your opinion or my opinion, it's been obvious over a year or so that Levitt is ahead in the pecking order. And frankly speaking Levitt is more important to that side than Puigmal.

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It's not about your opinion, it's been obvious over a year or so that Levitt is ahead in the pecking order. And frankly speaking Levitt is more important to that side than Puigmal.
No shit it isn’t down to my opinion, just thought I’d give it anyway, being a forum and all that.

Anyway, I think Puigmal has been just as impressive, his time here has just been disrupted a lot with international football, and if I recall there was a delay with international clearance too. With regards to importance too, does raise a question as to why we fought hard to beat clubs across the continent for his signature just over a year ago if it’s been clear for just over a year that he isn’t that important to the side as a midfielder. Anyway, that’s a different conversation. All the best to him and Levitt. I think Traore is the standout midfielder anyway.

SirAF

Ageist
This lads contract expires next month. Does anyone know how well he is progressing? I remember he came with rave reviews when United signed him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
This lads contract expires next month. Does anyone know how well he is progressing? I remember he came with rave reviews when United signed him.
He's probably 4th, maybe 5th best midfielder in his age group, others have been outperforming him since he joined. He filled in fairly well at RB in Laird's absence.