Film Arnie vs. Sly

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Arnie by far. Stallone is massively overrated.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Stallones best is better than Arnie's best but Arnie has more good/great films.

Hard one, I would probably give the edge to Stallone on the basis of Rocky/Rambo combination.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Hasn't Stallone been cancelled?

Sexual assault allegations
In February 2001, an exotic dancer named Margie Carr filed a lawsuit against Stallone accusing him of rape while at a Santa Monica fitness center where they both worked out on February 26, 2000. A lawyer for Stallone denied the claim saying she sold the story to Globe the month before the lawsuit.[146][147][148]

In 2013, it was reported that Stallone paid a settlement in 1987 of $2 million plus $16,666.66 per month, plus a trust with $50,000 per year for psychiatric and medical expenses, to his half-sister Toni-Ann Filiti after Filti threatened to file a lawsuit accusing him of abuse. Representatives of Stallone and her mother Jacqueline Stallone denied the allegations, accusing her of blackmailing Stallone and being a drug addict. However, Filiti's son, Edd Filiti, supported the claims, saying his mother "screamed about" abuse at the hands of her half-brother "over and over," before her death in 2012.[149][150][147]

In 2016, a report from the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department was published stating that Stallone was accused of sexual assault by a 16-year-old girl while he was shooting a film in Las Vegas in 1986. The teen reportedly said that Stallone, then 40, forced her into a threesome with his bodyguard.[151] A spokeswoman for Stallone denied the allegation.[152] Stallone's ex-wife, Brigitte Nielsen, later came to his defense, saying that she was with him at the time of the alleged assault. Stallone's Over the Top costar David Mendenhall also defended Stallone, denying claims that he introduced Stallone to the girl in question.[153]

In November 2017, a woman accused Stallone of sexually assaulting her at his Santa Monica office in the early 1990s. Stallone denied the claim.[154] His attorney revealed the accuser filed a report after an entertainment website declined to pick up the story.[155] Stallone's attorneys also stated that while the actor had a consensual relationship with the accuser in 1987, they had two witnesses who refuted the claims.[156] In June 2018, the Los Angeles District Attorney's office confirmed an investigation, stating that the Santa Monica Police Department had presented a sex crimes case against Stallone to a special prosecution task force for review.[157] In October 2018, the Los Angeles District Attorney's office made the decision not to charge Stallone for the alleged assault, as no witnesses corroborated the allegations. Stallone in turn filed a police report regarding her lying on an official document.[158]

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Arnie

Terminator
Terminator 2: Judgement day
True Lies
Predator
Conan
Total recall
Running man

Stallone

Rambo series
Rocky series
Creed
Demolition Man
Cop Land
Cliff hanger

Some real action 'pop corn' classics there from both.

Last edited:

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Sly
- Rocky series
- Rambo series
- Demolition Man
- Judge Dredd
- Cliffhanger
- Cobra
- Tango & Cash

Arnie
- Terminator Series
- Conan series
- Predator
- Total recall
- True Lies
- Commando
- Red Heat
- Running Man
- Eraser

Arnie has the wider variety and better portfolio of movies hands down. Hard to find good Stallone movies outside of the big 2 franchise.

If you just compare the best of the lot T, T2 and Predator are hands down better than Rocky, Creed and First Blood.

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
Arnie and it's not even close, the guy can even pull off playing a pregnant man!

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Only a man who hasn't seen Cop Land would say such a thing.
Probably the only Stallone film I could stomach as an adult (Rambo is utter garbage).

But I was convinced years ago that Predator is the greatest post-modern film of all time so I'll die on that hill now.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I agree with what someone else said - Stallone's best is better, but the average Arnie movie is better.

Green_Red

Hard one, I would probably give the edge to Stallone on the basis of Rocky/Rambo combination.
Hold on... you're saying Rocky/Rambo are better than Terminator?

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Harder than Ronaldo Vs Messi

Stallone just edges it because he's done Over the Top.

Arnie was in the better films though, Terminator 2, Kindergarten Cop, Total Recall.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Probably the only Stallone film I could stomach as an adult (Rambo is utter garbage).

But I was convinced years ago that Predator is the greatest post-modern film of all time so I'll die on that hill now.
Predator is great. Obviously Terminator 2 is one of the all-time greats. Total Recall and The Running Man are good times.

You didn't like Rocky, though? Creed is also a fantastic movie, though that's more a Michael B Jordan film than a Sylvester Stallone film, obviously.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
It's difficult.

Rocky is one of my favourite film franchise. Even in Creed, Sly steals the show.

But Rambo is not great after the first one.

T1 & T2 are great but the other Terminator films are garbage.

But then you put in Predator and that is one of the best action films ever made.

Think I'll give it to Arnie.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

Is Rocky 1 truly better than T2 or Predator though?

I dunno... Take Rocky 1 out and it's clearly an Arnie win.

Take Terminator 2 out and Arnie still has Predator...

Jack-C20

Got to be Arnie just for Jingle All The Way!

Seriously though I couldn’t call it. If flicking through the channels I’d stop and watch any one of their movies. A lot of them are crap but you can’t beat that era of action movie.