Film Arnie vs. Sly

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Stallones best is better than Arnie's best but Arnie has more good/great films.
This. Also Stallone isn't half bad as an actor if for the role he plays it makes sense he mumbles.

Oh yeah, Red Heat is incredibly underrated.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Too hard.

It's like asking Rocky or Terminator 2. Both brilliant, but different.

I'm going for Stallone, because Arnie did this:

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Predator is great. Obviously Terminator 2 is one of the all-time greats. Total Recall and The Running Man are good times.

You didn't like Rocky, though? Creed is also a fantastic movie, though that's more a Michael B Jordan film than a Sylvester Stallone film, obviously.
Creed was really good, that's true. but I tried to rewatch Rocky 1 maybe 10 years ago and I couldn't get into it. It was all too cliche and predictable for me. I'm not really into sports movies now that I think about it. There probably aren't any that I would rate very highly.

lsd

The Oracle
Sly wins for Rocky and Copland. Either win would be enough to beat Arnie's entire collection

lsd

The Oracle
Terminator, Terminator 2, Predator say hello.

Routine action films no better than Demolition Man.

Stallone has won an Oscar plus numerous other awards for hours acting has written and directed his films.

He is clearly the better of the two but hey feel free to prefer the big talentless lug with lame one liners in his Austrian accent

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Routine action films no better than Demolition Man.

Stallone has won an Oscar plus numerous other awards for hours acting has written and directed his films.

He is clearly the better of the two but hey feel free to prefer the big talentless lug with lame one liners in his Austrian accent
That is not true at all. There's a reason Terminator and Predator are huge in the film Zeitgeist. Demolition man is ok, but nowhere near Predator or Terminator.

Also I agree Sly is better actor/director etc but the thread is about who had the better catalogue, not who is the better actor.

Zen

Say what you want about Copland... but Arnie isn't the slouch you think he is, he has comedic chops Sly couldn't dream of, I'm being deadly serious too, Sly's best comedic work is being slapped on the T2 poster in Last Action Hero... says it all.

It's Arnie and not even close, better action, better sci-fi, better comedy, classic christmas movie, less Oscar bait (by virtue of not even trying :lol:)

lsd

The Oracle
Say what you want about Copland... but Arnie isn't the slouch you think he is, he has comedic chops Sly couldn't dream of, I'm being deadly serious too, Sly's best comedic work is being slapped on the T2 poster in Last Action Hero... says it all.

It's Arnie and not even close, better action, better sci-fi, better comedy, classic christmas movie, less Oscar bait (by virtue of not even trying :lol:)

He does not have a classic Christmas movie. Jingle all the way or whatever is called is complete tripe and and an embarrassment to everyone involved.

I know there's a place for brainless action but but you cannot take a catalogue of brainless action films over someone be who has also at least three bona fide classics to his name song with a lot of other films

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I slightly prefer Stallone. Rocky & Rambo are all time classics and he has other good movies like Lock Up, Copland and Demolition Man.

Arnie has T2 which is also an all time classic. Predator was cool. But I think I've probably watched Stallone flicks more often than Arnie's flicks.

lsd

The Oracle
I slightly prefer Stallone. Rocky & Rambo are all time classics and he has other good movies like Lock Up, Copland and Demolition Man.

Arnie has T2 which is also an all time classic. Predator was cool. But I think I've probably watched Stallone flicks more often than Arnie's flicks.

I don't know why I got invested in a debate with these two :lol: perhaps it's because of the two who I really don't think can be compared with each other Stallone has made by far the better films whereas so much of Arnie's work is totally forgettable.

I mean
Rocky
First Blood
Copland
Cliffhanger

To name four are films you can rewatch and enjoy.

For Arnie other than Terminator and perhaps Total Recall there's nothing I would ever wish to rewatch

Zen

He does not have a classic Christmas movie. Jingle all the way or whatever is called is complete tripe and and an embarrassment to everyone involved.

I know there's a place for brainless action but but you cannot take a catalogue of brainless action films over someone be who has also at least three bona fide classics to his name song with a lot of other films
Sounds like a Christmas classic to me.

There's three questionable classics between them in Terminator, T2 and Rocky.... I'm not sure how you think Stallone has "at least" 3 on his own. Cop Land is a pretty decent watch, but it's still, just decent, Rambo ain't no classic, same level as Predator or Total Recall.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Stallone is ten times the actor. Arnie has had some great films, though.
I don't know about ten times, but I'd say Stallone is the better performer. Among the action pulp, I generally like Schwarzenegger's films better though.
Only a man who hasn't seen Cop Land would say such a thing.
What about a woman?

Pickle85

Stallones best is better than Arnie's best but Arnie has more good/great films.

Hard one, I would probably give the edge to Stallone on the basis of Rocky/Rambo combination.
Rocky is a better film than Terminator? Not for me.

lsd

The Oracle
Sounds like a Christmas classic to me.

There's three questionable classics between them in Terminator, T2 and Rocky.... I'm not sure how you think Stallone has "at least" 3 on his own. Cop Land is a pretty decent watch, but it's still, just decent, Rambo ain't no classic, same level as Predator or Total Recall.

First Blood is better than Rambo and pretty much anything Arnie made.

Zen

First Blood is better than Rambo and pretty much anything Arnie made.
I actually forgot a film was released as Rambo that we now legit have to call First Blood, First Blood and not Rambo like people did for years. So it's losing marks for that alone. So now it's below Predator and Totall Recall. Arnie is winning this with legit ease, although heavily thanks to Jim Cameron's legendary prowess and his vastly superior comedic chops, which aren't great, but Sly's are non-existent.

lsd

The Oracle
I actually forgot a film was released as Rambo that we now legit have to call First Blood, First Blood and not Rambo like people did for years. So it's losing marks for that alone. So now it's below Predator and Totall Recall. Arnie is winning this with legit ease, although heavily thanks to Jim Cameron's legendary prowess and his vastly superior comedic chops, which aren't great, but Sly's are non-existent.

No one is really winning it's just people's opinions.

Mine is Stallone is better as he is an Oscar winner who has written and directed plus shown that given the right role he is a good actor.

Arnie has none of those things going for him and had shown that no matter what even the most talented film makers can do he simply has no acting ability at all

lsd

The Oracle
First blood IS Rambo:lol:

First Blood is First Blood they may have put Rambo first Blood on the title after the success of the second film but it is originally just First Blood

lsd

The Oracle
Acting skills aside, Arnie has never done anything as shit as "Stop or my mom will shoot", even Arnies depiction of Mr Freeze in Batman&Robin wasn't as shit as "sommws".

That's a whole different debate as to who had made the worst films I wouldn't wish to even think about it so I'll take your word for that

Zen

No one is really winning it's just people's opinions.

Mine is Stallone is better as he is an Oscar winner who has written and directed plus shown that given the right role he is a good actor.

Arnie has none of those things going for him and had shown that no matter what even the most talented film makers can do he simply has no acting ability at all
I'm picking Arnie because he won Mr Olympia and was Governor. Sly has neither of those going for him.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Rambo was unwatchable after the first film and Rocky also gets tiresome very quickly and after #3 s unwatchable. I watched Creed and did not return as it wasn't great at all. I watched Copland when it came out but I can't remember a thing about outer than I was underwhelmed particularly with Stallone's performance. so Stallone does little for me.

Arnie has a far better catalogue of films with the first two Terminators being brilliant and the last one watchable. But he also has lots of other films that are well worth watching. Terminator, T2, Commando, Predator, Running Man, Total Recall, True Lies, Twins and Kindergarten Cop are all worth watching (or were at the time).

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Its Arnie for me. Back in the 80s, getting an Arnie film to rent was an event for us kids. I have no idea why the guy rented Predator to a bunch of 10 year old, but he did. Pizza, coke, Predator, and few unhappy mothers later on. Never really had that with Stallone movies. They were good, but they were never must see events. Predator, Running man, Red Heat, Total Recall, all of us made the point of watching it together.

Actually, I tell a lie. There was one Stallone movie that was an event for us. Rocky 4. But that was it.

Red Stone

The Last Action Hero, Kindergarten Cop and Jingle All the Way seals it for Arnie. Sly doesn't have that kind of range.

Sviken

Stallone is the better actor, but Arnold has a bigger portfolio of good movies.

Loon

:lol:
I love them both, but Stallone will always be my sentimental favourite. Stallone's career resembles Rocky. He took a shot and made himself a star. Stallone is easily the better actor of the two, I was super-pissed at Rylance denying him an Oscar for CREED (a film he was the beating heart and soul of), and he has a number of underrated movies in his catalogue, NIGHTHAWKS doesn't get anywhere near the love it should.

Moby

Dick
I don't know if it's an age thing. Growing up in the 90s Arnold was THE MAN when it came to the action movie GOAT. He was like the Michael Jackson of action movies. Every kid knew him and watching his movies was like a next level experience.

None of these you can get into once you are older. It's like WWF. So it depends what you were able to get into when you were younger. For me Arnold was the biggest rage and this other guy was nowhere near.