Arse FAM TV

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Someone on Arsenal's subreddit even started a Gervinho appreciation thread. :lol: The absolute state of them.

mancan92

Yeah unfortunately they don't go on angry emotional rants nor or they meme-able. Andy Tate was the closest United came to AFTV but he was a flash in the pan.
The thing is they do and very often they are just not entertaining personalities. They have basically tried to completely replicate AFTV but its just no where near as good.

AR87

To be honest he could've been talking about United here.
Very little between the two clubs plight.
Very little as far as the table goes, but I think our rebuild situation is far more straightforward than theirs. We at least have some emerging young talent on this team. Who is Arsenal's young talent? Joe Willock? Tierney? Guendouzhi? At least for us I can look at players like Rashford, McTominay, Martial, James, AWB, Tuanzebe, Greenwood, Williams, along with players like Fred, Maguire, Lindelof, and DDG and feel like this team could become highly competitive with a few more correct transfers and perhaps a managerial change after we evaluate Ole at the end of the season.

Arsenal seem like a complete shambles to me in a way that United were perhaps very close to, but haven't quite reached.

DanClancy

Arsenals problems are far greater than ours, they've probably got very little money to spend and don't have too many players they can sell that will attract huge transfer fees. They need a miracle to get them back to the top table which can happen in the form of a manager but thats highly unlikely.

I don't think Arsenal have one player who I'd desperately want who'd make a huge difference to this United side.

romufc

Arsenals problems are far greater than ours, they've probably got very little money to spend and don't have too many players they can sell that will attract huge transfer fees. They need a miracle to get them back to the top table which can happen in the form of a manager but thats highly unlikely.

I don't think Arsenal have one player who I'd desperately want who'd make a huge difference to this United side.
What makes you say that?
19/20 - Arsenal spent £137m given £27m asset will not join till next year
18/19 - £72m
17/18 - £137m
16/17 - £101m

Utd Spending
19/20 - £143m
18/19 - £74m
17/18 - £178m
16/17 - £166m

This perception that Arsenal don't spend is a myth. That is not too bad for little spenders is it?

Arsenal have 2/3 players we would take: Aubameyang, Lacazette would walk into our first 11. Maybe even Tierney.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Very little as far as the table goes, but I think our rebuild situation is far more straightforward than theirs. We at least have some emerging young talent on this team. Who is Arsenal's young talent? Joe Willock? Tierney? Guendouzhi? At least for us I can look at players like Rashford, McTominay, Martial, James, AWB, Tuanzebe, Greenwood, Williams, along with players like Fred, Maguire, Lindelof, and DDG and feel like this team could become highly competitive with a few more correct transfers and perhaps a managerial change after we evaluate Ole at the end of the season.

Arsenal seem like a complete shambles to me in a way that United were perhaps very close to, but haven't quite reached.
I think United will get back to in or around the top eventually purely because of the fact you will throw enough mud until something sticks by hook or by crook, enough that even Woodwood will have a broken clock moment at some point. Whether that's a manager, a shit hot transfer window or even a Suarez esque player something will change things.

Arsenal on the other hand look in genuine danger of heading down the Milan route, if not worse.

DanClancy

What makes you say that?
19/20 - Arsenal spent £137m given £27m asset will not join till next year
18/19 - £72m
17/18 - £137m
16/17 - £101m

Utd Spending
19/20 - £143m
18/19 - £74m
17/18 - £178m
16/17 - £166m

This perception that Arsenal don't spend is a myth. That is not too bad for little spenders is it?

Arsenal have 2/3 players we would take: Aubameyang, Lacazette would walk into our first 11. Maybe even Tierney.
I agree they've spent a fair bit in recent years but with no CL football for a few years it begins to take its toil. Their next set of accounts are due soon and will tell the story, in their last set of accounts for 17/18 they made a profit of £120m on player sales. Their revenue will likely be more than £200m less than United's for the same period.

Don't get me wrong both centre forwards are very good player but I still don't think either would be a huge improvement on what we've got and the jury is still out on Tierney although I agree he looks a talent. I think they've huge issues, no top player at either centre half or centre mid. Looking at the fixtures over the next months they could easily find themselves 15 outside the top 4.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Christmas Time
Arsenal Fan and Wine
The absolute ludicrous hyperbole of football fans.

Relegation battle?! They're miles off despite a dreadful 2months!

And how is Ljungberg a club legend for goodness sake. Vieira and Henry by all means, but Ljungberg!?

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
The absolute ludicrous hyperbole of football fans.

Relegation battle?! They're miles off despite a dreadful 2months!

And how is Ljungberg a club legend for goodness sake. Vieira and Henry by all means, but Ljungberg!?
Theyre really not. They go away to west ham then play city. With chelsea and Man Utd coming up soon too. Theyve not won a match for 2 months. A loss on the weekend then they may be in the relegation zone before you know it.

Thats for them to say.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
AFTV is entertaining.

The problem is for Arsenal it is toxic. Routinely rating players with 1-3 scores, jumping on them for every bad game, they have a reach exceeding sky sports on youtube, and the football club has absolutely no control over its content.

Most clubs would blacklist journalists from channels who talked about them in the way AFTV does. That would be their way of manipulating the content.

Reactions: Raoul

VJ1762

How do Arsenal fans feel about this? Don't you think that some Arsenal players are too friendly with the AFTV guys?

HisEarth

Supports
Tottenham Hotspurs
How do Arsenal fans feel about this? Don't you think that some Arsenal players are too friendly with the AFTV guys?
I think it would be wise for players to avoid channels like AFTV all together.

Gasolin

Did he really say they will beat us after a draw at Chelsea home and losing to West Ham away, City home?
Well, he's in for a huge disappointment then.

Listar

Did he really say they will beat us after a draw at Chelsea home and losing to West Ham away, City home?
Well, he's in for a huge disappointment then.
We don’t beat teams in relegation fight :rolleyes:

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Sometimes a team just needs a change of guard. Spurs are on a brilliant run now and Dele Alli is the form player, and I won't be surprised if Arsenal go on a decent run after today's win.

VJ1762

Damn it! 30 minutes away from AFTV and chill. We have 4 winnable games now. We can't afford to slip up anymore as everybody else looks primed for a run.

Hoof the ball

Do these guys actually have access to players?
I think AFTV has become cultish, even amongst Arsenal players. Wouldn't surprise me in the least that half the Arsenal squad were avid watchers of the content on the channel. It's not the same as United players watching United Stand, for example. AFTV is a whole bigger thing altogether.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I wonder if anyone has ever looked at the number of views they get when they win games, vs when they lose them. I don’t bother watching AFTV if Arsenal win. Claude, DT etc, I bet their views go through the roof when they suffer an embarrassing defeat.

Son

The thing is they do and very often they are just not entertaining personalities. They have basically tried to completely replicate AFTV but its just no where near as good.
I used to watch FullTime Devils a lot more than I do now. It’s still the best for serious United content from time to time though.

Andy Tate and Howsen are a bit self-righteous these days. All the top reds holier than thou stuff being peddled can be seriously off putting to me. All a bit arrogant at times despite some of the good content they produce. The Duncan Castles interview is well worth a watch though.

meamth

I used to watch FullTime Devils a lot more than I do now. It’s still the best for serious United content from time to time though.

Andy Tate and Howsen are a bit self-righteous these days. All the top reds holier than thou stuff being peddled can be seriously off putting to me. All a bit arrogant at times despite some of the good content they produce. The Duncan Castles interview is well worth a watch though.
He can be self-righteous, but sometimes his insights are great to watch.

He surprised me when he named the exact squad vs Astana. He nailed that squad sheet.

Without him, I wouldn't even know Levitt's or Laird's potential.

Son

He can be self-righteous, but sometimes his insights are great to watch.

He surprised me when he named the exact squad vs Astana. He nailed that squad sheet.

Without him, I wouldn't even know Levitt's or Laird's potential.
Tbh the youth team stuff is my fav content on FTD. Other clubs don’t get anything remotely like that on YouTube.

I’m suprised Real Madrid and Barcelona don’t have great fan channels too but I’ve never seen a good one. Their football culture must be different.

VJ1762

I think AFTV has become cultish, even amongst Arsenal players. Wouldn't surprise me in the least that half the Arsenal squad were avid watchers of the content on the channel. It's not the same as United players watching United Stand, for example. AFTV is a whole bigger thing altogether.
They have become a full-on entertainment channel now. They sell merchandise, have their own reality TV series and I think Robbie even has a show on Channel 4 or something in the UK. They may have started with honest intentions, but I think they have moved a significant way away from that. The amount of times that I have heard Wenger being called a fraud, an asshole, a b****rd by their own fans...
I know we have really struggled after he retired, but on some level, I am glad that Fergie left before social media really blew up. I wouldn't put it past our fans online to use derogatory language towards him, if we were on a bad run of form.

tenpoless

Each of them are mental and different in how They see life but I'm pretty sure They're all thankful of Robbie.
Free tickets to attend every match and get to moan after shite matches. Fans dream.

cyberman

Robbie is a shitshow. Keeps interrupting making the same point over and over again for 5 minute monolouges. Ask questions then, when Simon answers, tells him to let him finish as he interrupts the answer to the question he just asked

killerboi2

Robbie is a shitshow. Keeps interrupting making the same point over and over again for 5 minute monolouges
As did Jordan. I actually agree that AFTV is toxic with some of the fans at the end of the game making the club a laughing stock, but for political reasons, I am on Robbie's side.

The guy basically single handedly built Arsenal Fan Tv from scratch and is a major influence regarding fan channels. He roasted the hell out of Jordan. Don Robbie isn't shutting down AFTV for anyone.

Reactions: SteveJ

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Robbie said that they themselves decided to change their youtube channel name from ArsFanTv to AFTV. I very much doubt that

RedPed

Whatabouter.
While there's no denying what he's done is impressive, what galls me about Robbie's ramblings is that he keeps saying AFTV is a voice for the fans. I didn't know Arsenal only had 20 fans? It's just a platform for his regulars who have now become self aware and are now just in it for their seat on the gravy train.