Arse FAM TV

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I wonder how often sky sports fan zone commentators were close to saying something stupid.
I remember one United fan referring to the Sikhs behind the dugout in less than palatable terms. Don’t remember seeing him again!

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I remember one United fan referring to the Sikhs behind the dugout in less than palatable terms. Don’t remember seeing him again!
Really? I come from a Sikh family so I must’ve missed that! I recall a United fan reference a Newcastle defender by saying “that black guy” and there was a few seconds of silence after that

Edit: over the years, those Sikh fans have had a lot of subtle racism and flat out racism directed at them.

red4ever 79

Robbie backtracking when the sponsors pulled their $$ is a disgrace. I actually liked Robbie and had a bit of time for him but not anymore. Yes Claude made a racist remark and deserves to be pulled but Troopz is the worst of the lot. If we want to talk about equality and fairness he needs to be taken off due to his Harry Kane didnt get booked because he is white comment.

manutddjw

Troopz comment was ridiculous, but i suppose it wasn't any sort of racial slur against whites. It was more an absolutely totally unfounded accusation that whites get favoured in football.
To me I think it’s racist because if you switch out white for black, there would be a huge uproar. Racism is racism regardless of skin colour.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany

I hope people stay off abusing him, the guy has history with depression (he went missing for a few days a couple of seasons ago) and his health has deteriorated considerably over the past few years. The guy seems sincere and thankfully has apologized.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
To me I think it’s racist because if you switch out white for black, there would be a huge uproar. Racism is racism regardless of skin colour.
I accept your view pal. Very unsavoury comment whichever way we look at it. Just a bizarre thing to say too!

I wonder how often they have to edit those usual interviews. Maybe they can just about contain their fury after games, and it's the heat of the moment that sends them into unsavoury territory.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I hope people stay off abusing him, the guy has history with depression (he went missing for a few days a couple of seasons ago) and his health has deteriorated considerably over the past few years. The guy seems sincere and thankfully has apologized.
He's made some utter sh!te up to try and cover it.

It's one of those "apologies if you're offended" sort of non apologies.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
This channel wouldn’t exist if Robbie wasn’t a sleaze. It’s always been about the money since he lucked upon his formula and realized what was happening. He isn’t some genius who has created some AFTV universe!

He is a sleaze who has monetized a group of bizarre individuals (some questionably), and has ridiculed the very club he claims to support by doing it.

The scampering around and changing tact shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Troopz comment was ridiculous, but i suppose it wasn't any sort of racial slur against whites. It was more an absolutely totally unfounded accusation that whites get favoured in football.
I saw it as more of an indication of white privilege which I don't consider racist. Personally can't see his you view Troopz' comment as racist unless you don't think white privilege exists or you consider accusations of that racist in itself.

Rafaeldagold

I saw it as more of an indication of white privilege which I don't consider racist. Personally can't see his you view Troopz' comment as racist unless you don't think white privilege exists or you consider accusations of that racist in itself.
It was most certainly racist. Saying that Kane got away with a booking because he’s white is racist. You can’t say ‘ oh everyone can be racist towards white as some white privilege exidts’ how can one think that?

It should be about equality & that judging anybody on their colour isn’t acceptable. Not one rule for one & justifying a tw#t like Troopz talking utter Shite & pointing out someone’s skin colour at the first opportunity.

Racism is racism in all its forms, and I don’t think you should give anyone who had that mindset a free pass

FlawlessThaw

It was most certainly racist. Saying that Kane got away with a booking because he’s white is racist. You can’t say ‘ oh everyone can be racist towards white as some white privilege exidts’ how can one think that?

It should be about equality & that judging anybody on their colour isn’t acceptable. Not one rule for one & justifying a tw#t like Troopz talking utter Shite & pointing out someone’s skin colour at the first opportunity.

Racism is racism in all its forms, and I don’t think you should give anyone who had that mindset a free pass
So you think the term white privilege is racist then? Fair enough.

Rafaeldagold

If I said, he got a lighter sentence because he was white. Would people interpret that as racist?
Well first of all you’re now not talking about a football match but something completely different.

Secondly I guess if the first thing you look at is race then you could say that- but only after fully looking into the FACTS of the case.

Troopz didn’t have a case to look at, no evidence. He was making a wildly racist assumption that Kane didn’t get a yellow as he’s white which is ridiculous.

Rafaeldagold

So you think the term white privilege is racist then? Fair enough.
No never said that. White privilidgr undoubtedly does exist in many areas of society.

But that doesn’t give Troopz Carte Blanche to be a racist tw#at. Unless you think it does & that’s how society improves then fair enough

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If I said, he got a lighter sentence because he was white. Would people interpret that as racist?
I just Googled the definition:
Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

Think it was certainly racist. He's discriminating against Kane. Positively or not is immaterial - sure racism is typically one that's against a minority or marginalized but that doesn't mean throwing a white privilege card out of context isn't racist. There is 100% white privilege in today's world and you don't need to look far to find it, but Troopz slapping that on Kane is racist for me. He's trying to malign Kane and the officials on the basis of their colour. If Kane was a different ethnicity it wouldn't be said.

Also Troopz is an enormous cock, he just went on about how he's a man for accepting he's wrong. Just stop trying to promote yourself and accept blame humbly you utter feckwit.

RyRoc

But white privilege does exist , that’s the whole reason why what troopz said isn’t racist and we shouldn’t be focusing on it as it prevents us from concentrating on the real issue which is what Claude said and why he is rightfully being punished. Troopz is an idiot but being an idiot is not a crime, being racist is.

FlawlessThaw

No never said that. White privilidgr undoubtedly does exist in many areas of society.

But that doesn’t give Troopz Carte Blanche to be a racist tw#at. Unless you think it does & that’s how society improves then fair enough
For me white privilege was at the heart of what Troopz' comment was. You can say he was wrong or white privilege doesn't exist and he is being racist as the term itself as it can be perceived as a form of antagonism to a race. That's why Google definitions aren't great alone without context.

Rafaeldagold

For me white privilege was at the heart of what Troopz' comment was. You can say he was wrong or white privilege doesn't exist and he is being racist as the term itself as it can be perceived as a form of antagonism to a race. That's why Google definitions aren't great alone without context.
Why is Troopz focusing on someone’s colour? I don’t get it. I don’t get defending him either as that isn’t how society improves

FlawlessThaw

Why is Troopz focusing on someone’s colour? I don’t get it. I don’t get defending him either as that isn’t how society improves
Because white privilege inherently focuses on colour and the benefits he perceives Kane gets from it.

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal
Didn't DT say about a year or two back that we need a "big black b*stard in defence?" :lol: Is this considered racist? I'm on blurred lines here.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Rafaeldagold

But white privilege does exist , that’s the whole reason why what troopz said isn’t racist and we shouldn’t be focusing on it as it prevents us from concentrating on the real issue which is what Claude said and why he is rightfully being punished. Troopz is an idiot but being an idiot is not a crime, being racist is.
They were both being racist- just speak the truth & don’t give someone who judges somebody on their colour a free pass eh

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Does that mean that he should be abused for it though?
Not by hateful internet fans no, but someone close to him needs to seriously get into him about his comment and attempt to take the cowardly way out of it.
Having your own troubles doesn't mean you should add to others.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Really? I come from a Sikh family so I must’ve missed that! I recall a United fan reference a Newcastle defender by saying “that black guy” and there was a few seconds of silence after that

Edit: over the years, those Sikh fans have had a lot of subtle racism and flat out racism directed at them.
Oh god. I wonder if fanzone is even still a thing. It feels very early noughties now, all that red button stuff.

His application of white privilege could be wrong. But football isn't free from racial bias and while this is commentary I doubt refs are immune

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ls-racial-bias-in-english-football-commentary
I think you're reading way too much into this. I highly doubt Troopz was making an insightful point about the nuances of unconscious bias in football officiating. He was being a tit. Is what he said racist? Probably not. In poor taste though? Yep.

Rafaeldagold

His application of white privilege could be wrong. But football isn't free from racial bias and while this is commentary I doubt refs are immune

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ls-racial-bias-in-english-football-commentary
That commentary ‘study’ is a terrible example to choose.

Firstly how do you not know the attributes stated are correct & legitimate attributes for a player? Or do you suggest we make attributes up?

The fact you agree with Troopz that he may have gotten away with a booking as he’s white is utterly ridiculous. You don’t have to take offence at every action and look for a racial bias.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Things against white people definitely carry a different flavour, as obviously there's not the historical prejudice.

But I do think it's dangerous to just let anyone get away with swaying what they like and using the "well you've had and still have it good" argument.
That's the sort of thing that gets right wing groups powered.

I hope Troops has had a strong rebuke behind the scenes.
Making such false accusations like he did lightens proper occasions of racism.

FlawlessThaw

That commentary ‘study’ is a terrible example to choose.

Firstly how do you not know the attributes stated are correct & legitimate attributes for a player? Or do you suggest we make attributes up?

The fact you agree with Troopz that he may have gotten away with a booking as he’s white is utterly ridiculous. You don’t have to take offence at every action and look for a racial bias.
I never said I agreed with Troopz comment, I just don’t think it was avowedly racist as white privilege was at the heart of the comment. I still think he is an idiot.

I think the commentary study is a fine example to choose from. Anecdotally we can come up with examples and they used over 2000 individual statements across a number of leagues

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That can't be true because Claude and some of them are actually always on Arsenal Fan TV (European away games too)......or does Claude use his season ticket in someone else's name :confused:
This is very interesting, and Claude has dug himself a real hole full of sh!t on this one.
In this current climate one comment can really kill you off.

Do we know Claude is his real name? Maybe the Arsenal fan tv lot have some sort of special tickets they use.
Either way Claude better hope he's not banned!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Didn't DT say about a year or two back that we need a "big black b*stard in defence?" :lol: Is this considered racist? I'm on blurred lines here.

Correct me if i'm wrong.
If he's said that, that's totally ridiculous.