Arse FAM TV

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Horrible to hear.
Depression seems to be becoming so widespread. And a lot of football fans throw themselves full on in to their teams to try and find a way of dealing with it.
Always feel a bit worried for the likes of Claude on this as well.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Horrible to hear.
Depression seems to be becoming so widespread. And a lot of football fans throw themselves full on in to their teams to try and find a way of dealing with it.
Always feel a bit worried for the likes of Claude on this as well.
And, to put bluntly, Arsenal are probably the one of the worst clubs to support these days if you seek football as escapism. Last few years there can't have been many if any bigger underachievers when you scale results up against club size and resources (even factoring in the FA Cup's), and there doesn't seem to be any hope in reach either.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
And, to put bluntly, Arsenal are probably the one of the worst clubs to support these days if you seek football as escapism. Last few years there can't have been many if any bigger underachievers when you scale results up against club size and resources (even factoring in the FA Cup's), and there doesn't seem to be any hope in reach either.
Supporting united isn’t great for your mental health at the moment. I can take or leave football results nowadays but if I was as passionate as I used to be the clubs current form would really get me down

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Supporting united isn’t great for your mental health at the moment. I can take or leave football results nowadays but if I was as passionate as I used to be the clubs current form would really get me down
That's true but atleast with you guys you have runs of good performances and with it some hope that maybe it could click into something more consistent and hope to cling onto is massive in football. Like with us you have a good projected end product if Ole can get a more consistent tune or you find another manager that can.

Where's the hope for Arsenal? Even when they win they do it playing eye bleeding football and in regards to the playing staff they are making some truly mind-blowing decisions. Willian on a 3 year deal, offering Mustafi and Elnenny new deals, making Bellerin and Xhaka key players again, signing Cedric and Mari. Even Auba's new deal isn't looking too clever at the minute. They do actually have a team of 11 players (mostly young promising aswell) that could probably make top 6 playing progressive football so it must be infuriating for them seeing those shit above being given prominent roles.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Sad that he died so young.

He seemed like a fun albeit annoying guy, a bit of a character. I don't say that with any kind of malice.

I feel for his friends and family. I don't know what exactly happened but its sad its ended this way.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
That's true but atleast with you guys you have runs of good performances and with it some hope that maybe it could click into something more consistent and hope to cling onto is massive in football. Like with us you have a good projected end product if Ole can get a more consistent tune or you find another manager that can.

Where's the hope for Arsenal? Even when they win they do it playing eye bleeding football and in regards to the playing staff they are making some truly mind-blowing decisions. Willian on a 3 year deal, offering Mustafi and Elnenny new deals, making Bellerin and Xhaka key players again, signing Cedric and Mari. Even Auba's new deal isn't looking too clever at the minute. They do actually have a team of 11 players (mostly young promising aswell) that could probably make top 6 playing progressive football so it must be infuriating for them seeing those shit above being given prominent roles.
I’m sure you spend enough time on here to know most United fans are deeply dissatisfied with the club and have been for a while. Same is no doubt true for Arsenal. True for many clubs, Hull city are my second team and they’ve been savaged for the past few years; premier league to league one. The key is not to be too invested in them, but it’s easier said than done for some people

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal

WTF? What a massive jump there. As much as its been frustrating being an Arsenal fan, to come out with nonsense like this & the previous post is ridiculous.

In these barren say last 10 years we've won 4 FA Cups, 4 Community Shields, been in 2 League Cup finals, so that's 10 days out at Wembley (not including semi finals) which has almost been Arsenal's 2nd home, & also made a European final.

Sure, leagues have been a bit disappointing & we've not made any impact in the Champions League, but to suggest we must be 1 of the worst to support in terms of escapism is mental.

Needham

WTF? What a massive jump there. As much as its been frustrating being an Arsenal fan, to come out with nonsense like this & the previous post is ridiculous.

In these barren say last 10 years we've won 4 FA Cups, 4 Community Shields, been in 2 League Cup finals, so that's 10 days out at Wembley (not including semi finals) which has almost been Arsenal's 2nd home, & also made a European final.

Sure, leagues have been a bit disappointing & we've not made any impact in the Champions League, but to suggest we must be 1 of the worst to support in terms of escapism is mental.
By your definition of happiness, that's only 10 happy days out of 3,650. A bleak decade to endure.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
By your definition of happiness, that's only 10 happy days out of 3,650. A bleak decade to endure.
Didn't say that was my definition of happiness though did I? Certainly making domestic finals, winning trophies, & European runs and the days & nights out that go along with them tend to add to happiness though.

Would I swap our old St Totteringhams day trophies & their 1 great European run for what we've done for instance. Nope, I would not.

Needham

Didn't say that was my definition of happiness though did I? Certainly making domestic finals, winning trophies, & European runs and the days & nights out that go along with them tend to add to happiness though.

Would I swap our old St Totteringhams day trophies & their 1 great European run for what we've done for instance. Nope, I would not.
But Tottenham fans, even during their worst slumps, were always cheerful and civil with one another. We've all seen the footage of Arsenal fans beating each other up under the stands, the Wenger out flags in middle east stadiums, home fans booing subbed players off as they limp sometimes literally in tears to a chilly dressing room, the misery brought about by the board's ebeneezer grip on club purse strings. You've got to be the most depressing football organization in western Europe.

Suv666

Doesnt matter which team you support. If your mental wellness is inextricably linked with footy you're going to have a torrid time.
The very best teams have their fair share of bad years.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
But Tottenham fans, even during their worst slumps, were always cheerful and civil with one another. We've all seen the footage of Arsenal fans beating each other up under the stands, the Wenger out flags in middle east stadiums, home fans booing subbed players off as they limp sometimes literally in tears to a chilly dressing room, the misery brought about by the board's ebeneezer grip on club purse strings. You've got to be the most depressing football organization in western Europe.
Fair point, but thats more to do with an entitled support than anything else. Your last statement is just ridiculous though.

Doesnt matter which team you support. If your mental wellness is inextricably linked with footy you're going to have a torrid time.

The very best teams have their fair share of bad years.
In a nutshell.

Morpheus 7

Stop chatting shite lad, Arsenal have been rubbish for years. Haven't won the league in over 15 years. United have been crap since Fergie left, least we admit it. 4 FA cups, don't make me laugh. Wigan and Portsmouth won one of them ha, hardly a thing to get parade out for.

Needham

Fair point, but thats more to do with an entitled support than anything else. Your last statement is just ridiculous though.
And I forgot to add to that list: the potty mouthed ethno-Londonerism of Arsefam TV, failure to defend the human rights work of your best midfielder, a kneepads and puckered lips response to the CCP, a disporportionate number of low iq celebrity supporters, and Piers Morgan. So I'd actually extend that last 'ridiculous' statement to include the whole of Europe.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Stop chatting shite lad, Arsenal have been rubbish for years. Haven't won the league in over 15 years. United have been crap since Fergie left, least we admit it. 4 FA cups, don't make me laugh. Wigan and Portsmouth won one of them ha, hardly a thing to get parade out for.
Did I say we have been great? In fact, like you say, we've generally been shit the past 15 years. I'll happily admit that. But it's also not too bad to keep winning trophies when you've been shit. It's better than not when trophies when teams have had their best teams for a generation for instance. I must have mistook all those parades for Utd winning FA Cups in the past as well.

EngimaMK

Arsenal are still among the top teams, in the top division on the country where we have one of the most competitive leagues. Yes, they aren't as good as before but compared to most clubs supporters, they're doing just fine.

A sense of perspective is required. If that comparatively moderate slump in form is so damaging to mental health then your priorities may be wrong?

AshRK

Did I say we have been great? In fact, like you say, we've generally been shit the past 15 years. I'll happily admit that. But it's also not too bad to keep winning trophies when you've been shit. It's better than not when trophies when teams have had their best teams for a generation for instance. I must have mistook all those parades for Utd winning FA Cups in the past as well.
Last time we won a FA cup, we didn't have a parade but sacked the manager. Just saying!

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

I actually meant the last few years (2016/2017 ish onwards) yes despite the FA Cup's.

The last few years you've mainly played shit football (you may have stopped winning titles but up until about 2011 you still had quality of football over everyone bar Barcelona), players half arsing it and fighting with supporters, toxic splits in the fanbase.

Trophies are good (obviously) but ultimately it's one feel good moment out of a season, put it this way, I enjoyed last season 100x more than I did Conte's last despite the latter one ending up with silverware and the former not.

Morpheus 7

We usually had it with doubles mate. As another poster said, we sacked the last manager the day after winning that. Just stick to chatting about the invincibles and the gold trophy ha.

AshRK

I actually meant the last few years (2016/2017 ish onwards) yes despite the FA Cup's.

The last few years you've mainly played shit football (you may have stopped winning titles but up until about 2011 you still had quality of football over everyone bar Barcelona), players half arsing it and fighting with supporters, toxic splits in the fanbase.

Trophies are good (obviously) but ultimately it's one feel good moment out of a season, put it this way, I enjoyed last season 100x more than I did Conte's last despite the latter one ending up with silverware and the former not.
One thing I always envy about your club is the way you always manage to win a silverware. Your club does it consistently since roman has taken over.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It's a chicken & egg situation with the Arsenal. They are in a dire financial situation from the lack of major financial benefits of being out of the CL for a number of seasons now and the case of buying/signing short term old players for a quite bang for the buck.

No patience for grooming the youth or the lack of bandwidth for developing them since they seem to have chopped their scouting network and relying on agents instead.

I suspect this current state will be there for a while considering the lack of improved revenues from both the Cvid situation/lack of attendance and the lack of CL revenues.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal

We usually had it with doubles mate. As another poster said, we sacked the last manager the day after winning that. Just stick to chatting about the invincibles and the gold trophy ha.
I've not come on with my limited 5 posts a day to try & Wum or get into a d*** measuring contest about past achievements & who currently is the less sh!t between our teams while Liverpool & City run away with things, it's all a bit embarrassing really. If it makes you's feel better, I can also happily concede Utd are the biggest club in the country, or Chelsea have been more successful the last 15 years. Not a problem to me. Just wanted to point out its an opposing argument to the point being made we've had the most depressing years in Europe recently, & echo Suv666 point that if your mental health is so linked to your football club, you might be in trouble anyway, no matter who you support. Peace & Love all.

JNicholas

Supports
Arsenal
You're so offensive with this post and completely misinformed. It's as if your views/rancid opinions are created through the influence of red top papers. What you see on AFTV for example is 0.000000001% of the Arsenal fanbase. Win, lose or draw, proper fans will always look forward to the next match.

Throwing stones in glass houses is not the way.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
You're so offensive with this post and completely misinformed. It's as if your views/rancid opinions are created through the influence of red top papers. What you see on AFTV for example is 0.000000001% of the Arsenal fanbase. Win, lose or draw, proper fans will always look forward to the next match.

Throwing stones in glass houses is not the way.
It's easier to ignore the windup, mate. You can see him touching his cock and smelling it in glee after writing the last line.

JNicholas

Supports
Arsenal
It's a chicken & egg situation with the Arsenal. They are in a dire financial situation from the lack of major financial benefits of being out of the CL for a number of seasons now and the case of buying/signing short term old players for a quite bang for the buck.

No patience for grooming the youth or the lack of bandwidth for developing them since they seem to have chopped their scouting network and relying on agents instead.

I suspect this current state will be there for a while considering the lack of improved revenues from both the Cvid situation/lack of attendance and the lack of CL revenues.
This post is nonsense.

'no patience for grooming youth' - Saka, Willock, Balogun, Azeez, Nelson, Nketiah, Maitland -Niles, Emile Smith-Rowe

'Relying on agents instead' - i think you will find that most if not all clubs now use StatDNA or something similar to assess transfers.

'lack of improved revenues' - KSE refinanced the Emirates loan which now enables Arsenal to loosen the purse strings and have also committed to future investment.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
This post is nonsense.

'no patience for grooming youth' - Saka, Willock, Balogun, Azeez, Nelson, Nketiah, Maitland -Niles, Emile Smith-Rowe

'Relying on agents instead' - i think you will find that most if not all clubs now use StatDNA or something similar to assess transfers.

'lack of improved revenues' - KSE refinanced the Emirates loan which now enables Arsenal to loosen the purse strings and have also committed to future investment.
All well and good except the head of StatDNA had his role reduced under Sanellhi and has now left the club:

https://theathletic.com/1688464/2020/03/19/jaeson-rosenfeld-arsenal-fifa-wenger/

You are relying on agents more than ever - this is why the fees / salaries for Luiz, Pepe, Willian, and the like have all been significantly above the market rate.

And you aren't actually doing a very good job of grooming the youth - how does it make any sense to bring in Willian on exorbitant wages when you have Saka for that position, as well as Martinelli to come back? Giving these kids sparse minutes in the EL against crap teams is hardly a great programme for getting them prepared for the first team (and unless I'm much mistaken, Balogun extending his contract is more or less a 50/50 proposition at this point).

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
All well and good except the head of StatDNA had his role reduced under Sanellhi and has now left the club:

https://theathletic.com/1688464/2020/03/19/jaeson-rosenfeld-arsenal-fifa-wenger/

You are relying on agents more than ever - this is why the fees / salaries for Luiz, Pepe, Willian, and the like have all been significantly above the market rate.

And you aren't actually doing a very good job of grooming the youth - how does it make any sense to bring in Willian on exorbitant wages when you have Saka for that position, as well as Martinelli to come back? Giving these kids sparse minutes in the EL against crap teams is hardly a great programme for getting them prepared for the first team (and unless I'm much mistaken, Balogun extending his contract is more or less a 50/50 proposition at this point).
Theres no real understanding of how it will work going forward. Certainly it was Sanllehi who led the agent based signings, with Kia supposedly being heavily influential. However, Raul has left now, so Edu & Arteta will have more control.

One of the reasons I've heard for getting rid of a lot of the scouting network, is that there is an opinion that scouting in general will change going forward. With Stat companies, website analysts, video analysis, more TV exposure across all major leagues in general & all widely available, there seems to be less need to have 'boots on the ground'. When you think of how transfers have evolved, & you think of Chelsea's transfers this summer for instance, did they need a big network of scouts to tell them how good Havertz, Werner, Ziyech, Chilwell, & Thiago Silva were? Cech was supposedly tasked with the Mendy signing for instance? Of course, youth signings might be affected going forward, we might miss out on a hidden gem or 2, we'll need to wait & see, but it's not like us or our rivals have teams built up from youth & hidden gems.

As for bringing through youth, what's worse? Signing the likes of Willian who is coming to the end of his career anyway, or signing the likes of Ziyech or that who are still in their peak? Saka has played a lot, too much for a 19 year old I would say, he's a regular starter in the big games, Martinelli will need eased back in after a year out, Nelson will hopefully get more & more game me as he looks more confident & if he can get over niggling injuries, same with Smith-Rowe going forward, Saliba is being protected (too much for most people's liking) but he is only 19, Nketiah is getting plenty game time, Balogun it looks like will stay now as well.

Listen, I can see why there's a lot of negative comments about Arsenal from rival fans, as on the surface it does look like we are all over the place. However, on the flip side, I wouldn't say we are devoid of hope going forward. We have a lot of good youngsters coming through as has been covered, & there's plenty good players out there still who can improve us that don't necessarily cost an arm & a leg. While our rivals are strengthening as well, I'm not seeing any that are now certainties to be streets ahead going forward like City & Liverpool looked like they might be a year or so ago, so not only us but Chelsea, Utd, Spurs fans etc should be heartened by that. Obviously it will take good recruitment & a bit of luck going forward, but that's the same with all teams.

Last edited:

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Theres no real understanding of how it will work going forward. Certainly it was Sanllehi who led the agent based signings, with Kia supposedly being heavily influential. However, Raul has left now, so Edu & Arteta will have more control.

One of the reasons I've heard for getting rid of a lot of the scouting network, is that there is an opinion that scouting in general will change going forward. With Stat companies, website analysts, video analysis, more TV exposure across all major leagues in general & all widely available, there seems to be less need to have 'boots on the ground'. When you think of how transfers have evolved, & you think of Chelsea's transfers this summer for instance, did they need a big network of scouts to tell them how good Havertz, Werner, Ziyech, Chilwell, & Thiago Silva were? Cech was supposedly tasked with the Mendy signing for instance? Of course, youth signings might be affected going forward, we might miss out on a hidden gem or 2, we'll need to wait & see, but it's not like us or our rivals have teams built up from youth & hidden gems.

As for bringing through youth, what's worse? Signing the likes of Willian who is coming to the end of his career anyway, or signing the likes of Ziyech or that who are still in their peak? Saka has played a lot, too much for a 19 year old I would say, he's a regular starter in the big games, Martinelli will need eased back in after a year out, Nelson will hopefully get more & more game me as he looks more confident & if he can get over niggling injuries, same with Smith-Rowe going forward, Saliba is being protected (too much for most people's liking) but he is only 19, Nketiah is getting plenty game time, Balogun it looks like will stay now as well.

Listen, I can see why there's a lot of negative comments about Arsenal from rival fans, as on the surface it does look like we are all over the place. However, on the flip side, I wouldn't say we are devoid of hope going forward. We have a lot of good youngsters coming through as has been covered, & there's plenty good players out there still who can improve us that don't necessarily cost an arm & a leg. While our rivals are strengthening as well, I'm not seeing any that are now certainties to be streets ahead going forward like City & Liverpool looked like they might be a year or so ago, so not only us but Chelsea, Utd, Spurs fans etc should be heartened by that. Obviously it will take good recruitment & a bit of luck going forward, but that's the same with all teams.
Sure, and I don't agree personally with much of the bleak assessments in this thread. That said, I'd argue AFTV is more in line with the general fanbase than you'd credit them for - the tail end of the Wenger years were absurdly toxic and divisive for the fanbase. There aren't too many clubs one would have to take seriously that are flying planes over their own ground pushing for your greatest manager to be sacked.

Regarding the rest, if you were only getting rid of your traditional scouting network and moving towards a more modernised system, I'd be less pessimistic. The fact that you're getting rid of the StatDNA influence cannot be viewed as a positive in my mind.

Signing the likes of Willian is far worse - he's on absurd wages, is the inferior player to the young player you already have, and will be a crippling burden soon if he isn't already. Ziyech is a massive upgrade, offers a different dimension to anything we had previously, and is on far more reasonable wages. Also any comparison of our current sides in terms of youth coming through and playing meaningful minutes is completely one-sided.