Arse FAM TV

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Do you think any manager would survive at utd if he finishes 8th and wins the fa cup? If I remember correctly, your club also spend a lot of money in the summer.
Is finishing 6th with no FA Cup better than 8th with an FA Cup because that’s where you finished last season. I would take 8th with a trophy every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Arteta has been Arsenal manager since 20 December 2019, not even a full season. How is it fair to judge his final league finish when he’s not even had a pre season?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Is finishing 6th with no FA Cup better than 8th with an FA Cup because that’s where you finished last season. I would take 8th with a trophy every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Arteta has been Arsenal manager since 20 December 2019, not even a full season. How is it fair to judge his final league finish when he’s not even had a pre season?
Completely agree. Klopp got similar criticism when he finished 8th in his first season (without winning anything), but that squad wasn’t his and then after he’d had a transfer window he had us back in the top four.

Arteta’s done brilliantly to deliver the FA Cup.

cmacgregor93

I think so, yeah. Either way, they'll enjoy this as if they've won the title.
To be frank, it's the only cup they can realistically win in this era of football.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Completely agree. Klopp got similar criticism when he finished 8th in his first season (without winning anything), but that squad wasn’t his and then after he’d had a transfer window he had us back in the top four.

Hard to judge based on an FA Cup, the FA Cup isn't a long cup run for premier league sides, you only really face 2 good teams in a cup run.

I'm not an Arsenal fan and I don't watch them play but there are huge question marks obviously due to the squad.

Klopp obviously was always one of the top managers in the world, Arteta is just starting out, very hard to judge him.

I'm at a 'reserve judgement' sort of phase with him.

If Arteta fails it also doesn't mean he's a bad manager, there could be things inherently wrong with the Arsenal hierachy too.

A manager like Klopp someone would be stupid not to listen to him and back him with what he wants, same with Pep.

Having Arteta he was a very intelligent footballer but it's honestly impossible to say without waiting 3 years and then seeing what happens.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Arteta has certainly done well to win the cup. Noone had them as anything bar the "easy" draw in that last 4.

Klopp came in a week or so into October in his first season, whereas Arteta came in around Christmas, so on that level he's already a notch ahead.

He won't take them anywhere as fast as quickly though!

jus2nang

Supports
Arsenal
Arteta has done something that only lvg did with us in recent times :D . Fa cup with no UCL football gets you sacked at utd. But for a midtable team it is a great achievement tbh.
Trolling aside, he took over a complete car crash and got a trophy out of it. Pretty sure we were 13th at one point... Hardly the same as LVG starting and finishing a season (I'm not convinced LVG should have been sacked by the way - although most of my Man Utd mates tell me the football was dire).

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal

Thats a great comparison I didn’t notice the similarities. I don’t get why people downplay the importance of winning a trophy for a new manager. Pochettino who I rate as a top class manager was criticized for not delivering a trophy despite consistently qualifying for the CL and mounting a couple of title challenges. Arteta has won the FA Cup in his first half season in management surely that is a massive achievement.

It’s pretty obvious that Arsenal are going through a rough patch and we are headed for our 4th season without CL football which is a massive disappointment for a club that has been a regular in the CL since it’s inception. However we are still a big club and big clubs win trophies. Finishing 8th is nothing to be proud of but winning the FA Cup let’s us finish the season on a high. To top if off we beat City and Chelsea along the way so it’s a trophy we earned.

gorky_utd

To the arsenal fans here, I apologise if I hurt you. Arteta has done a good job nodoubt. But it is still too early to say he is the next big thing according to aftv. Also, Klopp was able to win big trophies only after two big purchase which was funded by Coutinho sale. Arsenal still have a poor squad but you did spend big money last summer so maybe you have the money. However, your league position was really poor and should have finished within a El spot without needing to win the final.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Thats a great comparison I didn’t notice the similarities. I don’t get why people downplay the importance of winning a trophy for a new manager. Pochettino who I rate as a top class manager was criticized for not delivering a trophy despite consistently qualifying for the CL and mounting a couple of title challenges. Arteta has won the FA Cup in his first half season in management surely that is a massive achievement.

It’s pretty obvious that Arsenal are going through a rough patch and we are headed for our 4th season without CL football which is a massive disappointment for a club that has been a regular in the CL since it’s inception. However we are still a big club and big clubs win trophies. Finishing 8th is nothing to be proud of but winning the FA Cup let’s us finish the season on a high. To top if off we beat City and Chelsea along the way so it’s a trophy we earned.
Keep telling yourself that :lol:

Only joking, I agree with most of what you said there but couldn't resist

Chief123

Arteta seems like he has the potential to be a good manager and has been mentored by one of the best.

Sadly, I don't think that will be enough to help Arsenal. Arteta won't be given enough resources to fix the long standing issues at that club. The club needs a hell of a lot of money and time to take it anywhere near top 4, never mind challenging. Their biggest challenges are keeping their best players never mind getting new ones in.

Arteta will make a great manager one day at another club when a big team comes in for him and gives him the backing he deserves. Arsenal is a stepping stone for him.

When Arsenals best player is going to be 32 soon and they are trying desperately to keep hold of him, thats pretty damning situation to be in. Extremely long road ahead trying to compete with at least 6 teams who are in a stronger position than them financially and squad wise.

Last edited:

Morpheus 7

You Arsenal fans are hilarious, finishing 8th and going on like you won the CL. Lucky to finish 8th at that, probably should have finished 10th. Nice to win a trophy but wise up, youse are miles off. The team have a few good young players like Saka, Martinelli and even Tierney(not young)and that's it!

Otherwise it's the Aubamayang show. Arteta has done okay with what he has but people need to calm down. Can't pick and choose when to judge the manager. The league form has been atrocious, where do you start of what you need. Getting beat by Brighton, Villa and Spurs no time ago. Suppose people will say they give up on the league, strange fans.
Better question is will Arsenal buy, the recent contract renewals suggest otherwise. United are way off squad wise but least we know certain areas to improve. More importantly can now go on a run and look like we are going somewhere. AFTV sums up that fanbase, insane.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
You Arsenal fans are hilarious, finishing 8th and going on like you won the CL. Lucky to finish 8th at that, probably should have finished 10th. Nice to win a trophy but wise up, youse are miles off. The team have a few good young players like Saka, Martinelli and even Tierney(not young)and that's it!

Otherwise it's the Aubamayang show. Arteta has done okay with what he has but people need to calm down. Can't pick and choose when to judge the manager. The league form has been atrocious, where do you start of what you need. Getting beat by Brighton, Villa and Spurs no time ago. Suppose people will say they give up on the league, strange fans.
Better question is will Arsenal buy, the recent contract renewals suggest otherwise. United are way off squad wise but least we know certain areas to improve. More importantly can now go on a run and look like we are going somewhere. AFTV sums up that fanbase, insane.
That's harsh. To be fair, the league's youngest and most inexperienced coach winning a trophy after only seven months in his first job is a great achievement by any standards. The team has undeniably made progress under Arteta considering where they were when he took over. Beating City, Liverpool, United, Wolves and Chelsea and winning silverware in his rookie season was not easy at all, how many managers can do that? And if they manage to keep Aubameyang (Arteta seems confident) I think they will be even stronger next season. True, some of their AFTV fans say stupid stuff but I have watched similar stuff on other clubs' fan TVs so that''s not unique to AFTV, it's what fans do. They deserve to enjoy and celebrate their moment. I honestly didn't expect them to even go past Sheffield United, but they have proven they are a decent side. Personally I'm happy for Old Bhoy Tierney.

Last edited:

jus2nang

Supports
Arsenal

If the squad is crap (which it is), then the manager deserves credit for managing to win with such crap.

Yet he's only done 'ok'. If you're expecting better that suggests he has a decent squad - which he doesn't.

So which is it ?

You can't turn water into wine.

JNicholas

Supports
Arsenal

This is quite far from the mark. No Arsenal fans are going on like they have won the CL - that's a fabrication from rival fans. With regards to the team having Martinelli, Saka, Tierney and 'that's it' - that's also nonsense.

2 quality GK's, Saliba coming in from France, Aubameyang will stay, Ceballos will be signed 100%, KSE are putting money into the club + who you already mentioned. Nicolas Pepe is also starting to look like a proper talent.

Your post has zero context - judge them since Arteta came in - beaten United, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Wolves away, won the FA Cup. They may have lost a few but with the squad being so thin, they had to prioritise certain games which they did.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
It took Arteta less than a year to do what Pochettino couldn't do in 5 years at Tottenham.

Morpheus 7

This is quite far from the mark. No Arsenal fans are going on like they have won the CL - that's a fabrication from rival fans. With regards to the team having Martinelli, Saka, Tierney and 'that's it' - that's also nonsense.

2 quality GK's, Saliba coming in from France, Aubameyang will stay, Ceballos will be signed 100%, KSE are putting money into the club + who you already mentioned. Nicolas Pepe is also starting to look like a proper talent.

Your post has zero context - judge them since Arteta came in - beaten United, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Wolves away, won the FA Cup. They may have lost a few but with the squad being so thin, they had to prioritise certain games which they did.
2 quality GK's, you know your squad is shite when you mention that at the start. Unless Arsenal invest big which I doubt they will, it will be another year in the Europa in 2021/22. Is this not your 4th year in a row coming up without CL football. Going on about prioritising certain games, it's lack of consistency and terrible mistakes at the back. The fact is without Aubamayang, you'se would be deep in the second half of the premier league table. Arsenal have been and always will be the worst fans. Always rewriting history just like the way Wenger left too, singing his name and give him presentations to show appreciation. Then booing him, putting up banners and fighting with each other in the stands a few games before. I wouldn't even be surprised if some of you were on about challenging next year.

gorky_utd

Arsenal are looking better. And if they can get Coutinho on loan and Willian on free and keep aubameyang, they will improve their league position next year. Ceballos may return to Betis so they may need to invest in that position. Still, it will not be easy for them to finish top 4 because of extra fatigue of europa league. Not impossible because top 4 is nothing special but at the same time both che and utd will improve this summer. However, I still think arsenal should have secured europa league via league position because if pulisic was fit the outcome could have been totally different in the final.

JNicholas

Supports
Arsenal
2 quality GK's, you know your squad is shite when you mention that at the start. Unless Arsenal invest big which I doubt they will, it will be another year in the Europa in 2021/22. Is this not your 4th year in a row coming up without CL football. Going on about prioritising certain games, it's lack of consistency and terrible mistakes at the back. The fact is without Aubamayang, you'se would be deep in the second half of the premier league table. Arsenal have been and always will be the worst fans. Always rewriting history just like the way Wenger left too, singing his name and give him presentations to show appreciation. Then booing him, putting up banners and fighting with each other in the stands a few games before. I wouldn't even be surprised if some of you were on about challenging next year.
You do realise GK's are fundamental to a team? De Gea has literally saved Man Utd in the last few seasons.

This post doesn't deserve a proper response - there is zero context - you're generalising fans and tbh it's something i'd expect from Twitter, not a well respected forum.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
You obviously harbour so much dislike and hatred of Arsenal as a club it really shows.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Who else is finding the reaction to Saturday's game (by AFTV) hilarious?

Robbie, DT and Troopz are talking about us more than they are their cup win :lol:

romufc

Robbie, DT and Troopz are talking about us more than they are their cup win :lol:
I do find it odd. My mate sent me a clip yesterday and they were talking about Chelsea fans complaining.

Tbh, I haven't seen any Chelsea fans really complain as much as AFTV making it out to be. It was done after the game and that was it. The way they are going on about Chelsea, as if they are trying to make the win bigger than it is.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I do find it odd. My mate sent me a clip yesterday and they were talking about Chelsea fans complaining.

Tbh, I haven't seen any Chelsea fans really complain as much as AFTV making it out to be. It was done after the game and that was it. The way they are going on about Chelsea, as if they are trying to make the win bigger than it is.
DT's now starting on the history route :lol:

I've never known a set of supporters to be so rattled after a win let alone a trophy lift, they seem to be desperate for our approval or something, it's bizarre.

GJNJ

I've never known a set of supporters to be so rattled after a win let alone a trophy lift, they seem to be desperate for our approval or something, it's bizarre.
They will be claiming it as the Willian cup.

romufc

The are celebrating this FA cup like it is the PL or CL. They are talking as if Arteta has worked a miracle. They are trying to mask the fact they finished 8th.

If you offered them CL group stages over the FA cup, they would snap your hand off.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

I was talking to my gooner best mate earlier today. He now thinks they can get into the top 4 next season. :houllier: :houllier:

Last edited:

georgipep

You should have checked twitter after the final. Chelsea fans were all over the place...

romufc

You should have checked twitter after the final. Chelsea fans were all over the place...
I agree, after the final emotions run high and obviously the losing team fans are not happy.

I think what Danfc is referring to is 4 days on and Arsenal Fan TV still going on about it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

They're small time, simple as that.

If we'd won the FA cup, we'd have been pleased of course, but would recognise improvements were needed to compete elsewhere.
Let alone when finishing 8th.

If we at United think we need 3-4 players, how many do they need?! 8-9?

georgipep

I agree, after the final emotions run high and obviously the losing team fans are not happy.

I think what Danfc is referring to is 4 days on and Arsenal Fan TV still going on about it.
I follow a couple of data analysts who are Chelsea fans and I see what they've liked... Their fan base is still very much butthurt about it but are now focusing more on how much of a success Lampard had this season. And, obviously, how Havertz is a Ballon D'Or winner in the making

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
They're small time, simple as that.

If we'd won the FA cup, we'd have been pleased of course, but would recognise improvements were needed to compete elsewhere.
Let alone when finishing 8th.

If we at United think we need 3-4 players, how many do they need?! 8-9?
Real-life football doesn't work like that. United finished second in 2018 and to many fans, pundits and bookies they were a sure bet for the title in 2019, but instead they dropped down to sixth.

Womp

idiot
Real-life football doesn't work like that. United finished second in 2018 and to many fans, pundits and bookies they were a sure bet for the title in 2019, but instead they dropped down to sixth.
Not even fans on here really thought that. It was very clear that was papering over the cracks and wasn't sustainable.