Arsenal 2017/2018

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
What a sad cnut. But not expecting any different from a brazilian thought. They are the masters of diving.

JMack1234

I feel like Arsenal is a footballing version of Ramsay's kitchen nightmares. You have the owner who doesn't care and you have old man Wenger in the kitchen preparing the same food that he's prepared for the last 20 years and for the life of him can't understand why it isn't getting the same reception that he's come accustomed to.

I'm sure the problems at Arsenal are very widespread and as a AFTV addict I think I know what a few of them are. However before they take a single step forward they HAVE to somehow move Wenger on. He's simply not a manager who'll take you where you want to be anymore. Also it really irks me how our post-Fergie decline is somehow used a stick to prop up Wenger. Fergie left a team that for all its faults won the league, Wenger is leaving a sorry mess and a furious fanbase don't you dare compare them.

But yeah before I go on too big a rant. They need to get rid of Wenger but won't/can't and he's going to stay for at least 2 years and then either finally go or chase his loses and plunge Arsenal further into mediocrity. Personally I hope it's the latter because at least that'll give us some quality FATV meltdowns.

Reactions: SteveJ

Listar

I'm not sure what's the fuss. Just like Chelsea vs palace game, these games are not real games. Real games are vs the top teams and you win the titles by winning top teams.

That's what they told us.:lol:

Luke1995

I feel like Arsenal is a footballing version of Ramsay's kitchen nightmares. You have the owner who doesn't care and you have old man Wenger in the kitchen preparing the same food that he's prepared for the last 20 years and for the life of him can't understand why it isn't getting the same reception that he's come accustomed to.

I'm sure the problems at Arsenal are very widespread and as a AFTV addict I think I know what a few of them are. However before they take a single step forward they HAVE to somehow move Wenger on. He's simply not a manager who'll take you where you want to be anymore. Also it really irks me how our post-Fergie decline is somehow used a stick to prop up Wenger. Fergie left a team that for all its faults won the league, Wenger is leaving a sorry mess and a furious fanbase don't you dare compare them.

But yeah before I go on too big a rant. They need to get rid of Wenger but won't/can't and he's going to stay for at least 2 years and then either finally go or chase his loses and plunge Arsenal further into mediocrity. Personally I hope it's the latter because at least that'll give us some quality FATV meltdowns.
But who can they get who is at the same level as Klopp, Pep, Conte, Mourinho and Pochettino ? Not too many top managers available right now. Ancelotti maybe. My point is, given the current state of the market, they would be risking too much by apointing a young promising coach or somebody who can do a good job in the mid table teams but has not any elite experience. Wenger just happens to be the best option they have at this moment in time, even though he is past his prime.

Epicurean

Supports
Ajax
Wenger has turned Arsenal into a joyless and hapless side for far too many seasons now.

How this fraud can be paid one of the highest managerial salaries in the game and stay on for consistently underachieving is a crime to the beautiful game!

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
We deserved to lose, but this guy should be banned.

Not really though. Hardly the worst dive of all time, if anything at that speed the contact Bellerin did provide would affect his balance a little and he simply exaggerated. Your problems run much deeper than this ‘dive’.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Not really though. Hardly the worst dive of all time, if anything at that speed the contact Bellerin did provide would affect his balance a little and he simply exaggerated. Your problems run much deeper than this ‘dive’.
Bellerin made a mistake, but this guy still dived.

We deserved to lose though. Just wanted to say it was a dive.

Loke

Supports
Arsenal
They completely overwhelmed us in the second half. Deserved the win.
We could have killed the game had ozil scored minutes before the penalty but it wasn't to be. Time to cut our losses with this guy, would be happy if he fuked off in January.

Watford away will be tough for any of the top sides, Silva really knows what he's doing.

JMack1234

But who can they get who is at the same level as Klopp, Pep, Conte, Mourinho and Pochettino ? Not too many top managers available right now. Ancelotti maybe. My point is, given the current state of the market, they would be risking too much by apointing a young promising coach or somebody who can do a good job in the mid table teams but has not any elite experience. Wenger just happens to be the best option they have at this moment in time, even though he is past his prime.
Yeah sure, i'm not saying that they should sack Wenger tomorrow they've missed the boat this season and they'll suffer the consequences but I struggle to believe that they won't be able to find a manager in the summer who could take Arsenal forward because Wenger certainly can't anymore.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We could have killed the game had ozil scored minutes before the penalty but it wasn't to be. Time to cut our losses with this guy, would be happy if he fuked off in January.

Watford away will be tough for any of the top sides, Silva really knows what he's doing.
Would you mind him joining us?

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
That's a terrible reason to keep a manager.

Wenger is getting worse.

Skywarden

Here's an alternate angle of that incident. It's almost like the players don't care about defending. :lol:

Someone on reddit summarised it very nicely :D

It's absolutely unbelievable.

Elneny: Not moving towards the box after his initial run. Stands around instead of going for Carillo (28). Shouldn't get paid for 2 weeks.

Holding: He tries, Stands in the right spot, doesn't see the ball coming, looks incredibly stupid while letting Capoue (29) pass and suddenly remembers hes in a football match... too late. Should go 3 weeks without pay for that blackout.

Mertesacker: Is in the correct position, covers Deeney (9) and then fails at his one and only job, getting to the ball before Deeney. Is back into position for the 2nd ball though which hits him on the chest. Instantly freezes. Hand goes to his heart, upright he stands like a queens guard and watches the ship sink. Should go without pay for 4 weeks for that pose alone.

Monreal: Starts the scene completely out of position. Has no intention to get in a position where he has any use. Makes one step and holds his arm up to show everyone how good his offside trap worked (it didn't) for a time in which other players make five steps. Sees the open goal and makes another wrong decision to go there instead of doing what he should do from the start, cover Cleverly (8). Once he is in goal he doesn't even try to use any bodypart to stop the ball and actually moves from a good central position to the side to open it all up. Should go 8 weeks without pay.

Bellerin & Xhaka: What. The. feck. Doesn't makes sense to explain to them what they did wrong. Shouldn't make another game for Arsenal.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.

Agreed

Luke1995

That's a terrible reason to keep a manager.

Wenger is getting worse.
Getting worse doesn't mean he still isn't better than the majority of Premier League managers. He might not be good enough for what the Arsenal fans want or even what the standards of the club should be, but it is not worse than changing the known universe for the unknown without proven evidence that the other person can do better. So, either find a top one at free agency or stick with him for a few more years.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Getting worse doesn't mean he still isn't better than the majority of Premier League managers. He might not be good enough for what the Arsenal fans want or even what the standards of the club should be, but it is not worse than changing the known universe for the unknown without proven evidence that the other person can do better. So, either find a top one at free agency or stick with him for a few more years.
It's the equivalent of staying in a relationship that's inevitably broken for the fear of the unknown. Helps no one.

Sticking with him over the last few years has done them no favours. The club needs new ideas.

Wenger has lost the ability to motivate this players. No way back from thst.

Luke1995

It's the equivalent of staying in a relationship that's inevitably broken for the fear of the unknown. Helps no one.

Sticking with him over the last few years has done them no favours. The club needs new ideas.

Maybe they'll sack him in January if he doesn't sell Ozil or Sanchez. He paid huge fees to get them, unless he has full control over the board, i'd imagine they want to get back the money.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
The irony and flaw of this type of thinking is that if you applied it in 1996 Wenger never would have been hired in the first place!

He was managing in Japan and completely unknown in England.

Luke1995

The irony and flaw of this type of thinking is that if you applied it in 1996 Wenger never would have been hired in the first place!

He was managing in Japan and completely unknown in England.

The difference being that in 1996 there was smaller financial consequences if things went wrong, nowadays let's say they hire someone and he can't even qualify the team for europa league, do you have any idea how much money they would lose ? You are right, sometimes taking risks pays off but it's easy to understand why the board is so afraid to do it.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
The difference being that in 1996 there was smaller financial consequences if things went wrong, nowadays let's say they hire someone and he can't even qualify the team for europa league, do you have any idea how much money they would lose ? You are right, sometimes taking risks pays off but it's easy to understand why the board is so afraid to do it.
The prize money of the EL is too small to be meaningful. And Chelsea and Leicester recent league winning campaigns without any European competition along with Liverpool's recent title challenge make a convincing case that missing the EL can be even better for a club in the long run than struggling in the EL and finish 5-6th.

So no, I do find fear of the unknown to be a good argument to keep Wenger at this stage. In fact I think its an awful argument now. I would rather "gamble" on an "unknown" like Jardim or Favre at this point than stick with the stagnation at the club now.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
I understand your frustration but that should be your (Arsenal fans) least priority. There are many other questions that needs to be answered by Mr. Wenger, do not know how he can fix the problem considering he is a major problem himself.
Man, i already said we deserved to lose.

Having said that, that was a disgusting dive.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Man, i already said we deserved to lose.

Having said that, that was a disgusting dive.
Why it was deserved to lose?
They had possesion in the second half but chances? No, sry. A dive and an offside goal.

We failed it, Iwobi and Özil had the chances. A 0:2 should be enough and it would be Game Over.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
To be honest, i find this complaining of foul play a bit pitiful. Arsenal were robbing teams of games last season over and over again (Koscielny handball against Burnely, Monreal rugby tackling Valencia in the box at Old Trafford, Shane Long's ankle being stamped on with no foul given which led to a dubious Arsenal Penalty seconds later).

Arsenal are a top team; which means they will get favourable decisions in general (top teams get favourable decisions especially at home, this is well documented).

OneUnited24

I understand your frustration but that should be your (Arsenal fans) least priority. There are many other questions that needs to be answered by Mr. Wenger, do not know how he can fix the problem considering he is a major problem himself.
Nah fam, had he not dived Ozil would have scored his chance that happened before it. You get me bruv?

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete

Everyone including Wenger knows this. The board knows a new manager would ultimately expose them.

Luke1995

People forget that SAF had bad seasons here after 1999 - 2003/04 and 04-05 were difficult years- and after the 2006-09 treble. 09-10 was not a good season, 11-12 United won nothing, and he was here as long as Wenger is there at Arsenal the difference being that United fans never started saying that SAF was no longer the same, past his prime, etc, always kept the faith he would turn things around and he did many times. I feel like Wenger lives with much more pressure than SAF ever had after 1999 from a fans standpoint. My point is, Arsenal has a good squad this season, Wilshere is back in good form and Lacazette gives the team something they didn't have before, plus Ozil and Alexis, Wenger is a good manager, the season has just started, wait until February before saying everything is lost people. I know he likely won't turn things around but why not give him the atmosphere to try ?