Arsenal 2018/19

RedPed

Whatabouter.
The smug smiles quickly being wiped from the faces of those arrogant gits on AFTV. What I would do to pip Arsenal to 4th after they get dumped out of the Europa this season.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
The smug smiles quickly being wiped from the faces of those arrogant gits on AFTV. What I would do to pip Arsenal to 4th after they get dumped out of the Europa this season.
Arsenal look closer to us than they do Chelsea and Spurs. They have ridden their luck and it's coming to bite them in the arse. Kenny Ken said it best, you can't keep on making mistakes and hope for the best, teams wise up and take advantage in the return fixtures.

Ooh2B

Supports
Arsenal

I find it reassuring that oppo fans are feeling the hate for us again, the pity party’s over I guess..:D

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Arsenal look closer to us than they do Chelsea and Spurs. They have ridden their luck and it's coming to bite them in the arse. Kenny Ken said it best, you can't keep on making mistakes and hope for the best, teams wise up and take advantage in the return fixtures.
Love how Robbie asks a question then answers it himself or shoots the person down if he doesn't like what he's heard. Never lets the people speak. He's a crap interviewer.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Love how Robbie asks a question then answers it himself or shoots the person down if he doesn't like what he's heard. Never lets the people speak. He's a crap interviewer.
Robbie used to be a much better interviewer back in the day. Used to ask questions and let the person have his say for a good few minutes, then give a short counter point and repeat.

No he talks as if he is the one being interviewed, almost like a debate with the person he's interviewing.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Enough is enough. Luck, luck and luck! Are you capable of saying something different? No one apart from City and maybe Liverpool can sustain high-quality performances during the whole season. We are just having a bad spell like it happens to everyone that he is not strong and constant enough.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
I find it reassuring that oppo fans are feeling the hate for us again, the pity party’s over I guess..:D
They wish they would be lucky like us :boring:. Maybe they should just ask Ed to buy some proper players, instead of lumps like Lukaku and Fellaini.

Sorry, but i am fed up of reading so much bullshits towards my teams just because we have some prats going in front of the camera.

Last edited:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Robbie used to be a much better interviewer back in the day. Used to ask questions and let the person have his say for a good few minutes, then give a short counter point and repeat.

No he talks as if he is the one being interviewed, almost like a debate with the person he's interviewing.
Agreed. As that channel has taken off, it's become more about him rather than the fans having their say. He just needs to tone it down a bit and respect the opinions of his interviewees.

Canagel

Enough is enough. Luck, luck and luck! Are you capable of saying something different? No one apart from City and maybe Liverpool can sustain high-quality performances during the whole season. We are just having a bad spell like it happens to everyone that he is not strong and constant enough.
Yeah it happens. You can't win them all. But you need reinforce the squad in January. It looks very thin on paper especially in defence. And Emery's got to sort his team selections out. Why is Ozil not playing? Why is Xhaka being played out of position? He's lost his way a little bit

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah it happens. You can't win them all. But you need reinforce the squad in January. It looks very thin on paper especially in defence. And Emery's got to sort his team selections out. Why is Ozil not playing? Why is Xhaka being played out of position? He's lost his way a little bit
Mustafi, Bellerin, Kolasinac and Holding are all out injured. You know this is our whole defence out? Having said that, we need of course to strength. First of all, i'd like to see us buy a proper winger because i feel with the way we play, he would suit us well.

el3mel

I was trying to tell people they are having their ordinary "Wenger" season but they weren't ready to listen.

stnrlgc

Mustafi, Bellerin, Kolasinac and Holding are all out injured. You know this is our whole defence out? Having said that, we need of course to strength. First of all, i'd like to see us buy a proper winger because i feel with the way we play, he would suit us well.
Vertonghen, Aurier, Sanchez, and Foyth all out injured for Spurs and they had their backup LB at CB. Not to mention the MF of Dembele, Wanyama, and Dier out. Spurs also bought no one this summer. Everyone has injuries and everyone needs to strengthen. There weren't many Arsenal fans looking at their last derby win through the prism of Spurs injured squad and tempering excitement. Take it on the chin. Onwards and upwards.

AshRK

It's not hate for your club, its hate towards your deluded fans. Honestly arsenal as a club is always better to live with in comparison to Chelsea, city or liverpool but your fans(some at least) are absolutely bizarre. It's so funny how you lot feel you are having some amazing season when in reality you are 5th and have ridden your luck. One good result against Tottenham made your fans all giddy. You are lucky United are having a shit season , if not you would have been where Wenger left you and that is 6th.

Ooh2B

Supports
Arsenal
It's not hate for your club, its hate towards your deluded fans. Honestly arsenal as a club is always better to live with in comparison to Chelsea, city or liverpool but your fans(some at least) are absolutely bizarre. It's so funny how you lot feel you are having some amazing season when in reality you are 5th and have ridden your luck. One good result against Tottenham made your fans all giddy. You are lucky United are having a shit season , if not you would have been where Wenger left you and that is 6th.
Must be the fans in your orbit because I haven’t read anything like that on here.

Mostly people on here have been thankful for the ride we’ve been on and for the upswing in the general mood around the club, but no ones been bigging us up to any extent that I can see.

I think the general consensus is that we’re happy with the change and that there’s still a lot to do.

I don’t know why anyone really watches that AFTV, but if that’s how people get there kicks..

And I agree, 5th and 3 points off top 4 is nothing to be shouting about, but it could be worse:D

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Vertonghen, Aurier, Sanchez, and Foyth all out injured for Spurs and they had their backup LB at CB. Not to mention the MF of Dembele, Wanyama, and Dier out. Spurs also bought no one this summer. Everyone has injuries and everyone needs to strengthen. There weren't many Arsenal fans looking at their last derby win through the prism of Spurs injured squad and tempering excitement. Take it on the chin. Onwards and upwards.
The injuries always hit us harder than the opponents. Some of our players are out and we collapse. Don't really know why.
However, it's now that we will see if we are improved or not. Want to see a great reaction.

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
The team's doing okay but still fifth in a battle of five, or rather third in a battle of three since Liverpool and Manchester City are in a different class.

Mourinho losing his way has made the season look better than it might have.

It's enough to be hopeful that firm foundations are being built for the future without enough to be giddy about the present.

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
Simply because Oezil hasn't been performing!

I think that Oezil is Dr Jeykll and Mr Hyde. On good days the will tear apart whole defences by himself with a simple looking pass. On bad days he is apatic and has a body language of a 13 year old "Zicke" (hard to translate from german) on a family trip -> trying to pull everyone down.
Emery likes the honest workers more as it seems. Also Arsenal is not lacking quality in attack rather in CDM (not all to keen about the suisse Rambo).

JSArsenal

Well if you think about it he plays a back 3 because the defenders are poor. So deferring to that logic it makes even more sense to have 3 centre backs if they are even poorer. Then again flooding the midfield may have given us more control of possession. Tough call
It doesn't make sense IMO. We're also not playing 3 centre backs because we have no centre backs. We're playing a midfielder and a full back in those positions along with a pensioner. Weakening two positions at the same time.

Back 4 and tell the midfield three that two of them must stay back at all times.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Yeah, the honeymoon is over. It looked promising, now it looks like every other Arsenal season in recent years.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Same old Arsenal. So what's the story with Lacazette?? Clearly not a happy bunny. Would swap him for Lukaku any day of the week though. Worth keeping an eye on.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Our squad has always been better than theirs and I think the second half of the season will prove it.

-Supreme-

Same old Arsenal. So what's the story with Lacazette?? Clearly not a happy bunny. Would swap him for Lukaku any day of the week though. Worth keeping an eye on.
No thanks.

Lukaku can command much higher fees, at least he is PL proven goal scorer

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Posted in another thread but Arsenal points wise are doing way better than in many other years.

In 13/14 for instance they only had 4 more points than they do now and were top of the league!

In the Leicester season they were second with 36 points after 18 games. They have 38 this season....

In 12/13 they had 30 points after 18 games, still finished 4th.

What must be realised and factored in is this is abnormal season for top 5 (maybe six if Man. United continue their good run post Mourinho) beating teams at the bottom so points totals are massively inflated.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
No thanks.

Lukaku can command much higher fees, at least he is PL proven goal scorer
Um..and he's not very good. Lacazette probably has a much better goals to minutes ratio and is a much better finisher than Lukaku. If Lacazette is becoming disillusioned at Arsenal, we'd be stupid not to consider him.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Um..and he's not very good. Lacazette probably has a much better goals to minutes ratio and is a much better finisher than Lukaku. If Lacazette is becoming disillusioned at Arsenal, we'd be stupid not to consider him.
Not physically good enough. Doesnt have the energy to harass a defence and cause chaos, doesn't have the strength/speed to play on the half turn. Aubameyang is way better than him because he regularly asks questions of a defence, Lacazette just scores nice goals.

-Supreme-

Goals to minutes ratio shouldn't always be used to evaluate ability of a striker, especially when Lacazette most probably scored a lot of his goals when he came off the bench against tiring defence. A lot of our fans overrated Hernandez at United using this stats

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Not physically good enough. Doesnt have the energy to harass a defence and cause chaos, doesn't have the strength/speed to play on the half turn. Aubameyang is way better than him because he regularly asks questions of a defence, Lacazette just scores nice goals.
Goals to minutes ratio shouldn't always be used to evaluate ability of a striker, especially when Lacazette most probably scored a lot of his goals when he came off the bench against tiring defence. A lot of our fans overrated Hernandez at United using this stats
Aren't the points highlighted exactly the type of thing we could do with?? Bizarre. I'm guessing you don't rate a striker's goal tally either because of the number of penalties he's probably taken. We use all types of meaningless stats to justify how awesome the likes of Smalling are, for example. Would you also under-rate our very own OGS because he "most probably scored a lot of his goals when he came off the bench against tiring defence"? That's what wins you games.

Doesn't make any sense.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Our squad has always been better than theirs and I think the second half of the season will prove it.
Remember reading caftards posts claiming that Arsenal have a better squad than ours. Some truly bizarre stuff were being said during Mourinho's tenure :lol:

-Supreme-

Aren't the points highlighted exactly the type of thing we could do with?? Bizarre. I'm guessing you don't rate a striker's goal tally either because of the number of penalties he's probably taken. We use all types of meaningless stats to justify how awesome the likes of Smalling are, for example. Would you also under-rate our very own OGS because he "most probably scored a lot of his goals when he came off the bench against tiring defence"? That's what wins you games.

Doesn't make any sense.
The difference here is that we need a striker that can be relied on for the starting XI and not become a super sub, like OGS

tentan

Poor man's poster.
I hope they and Chelsea keep dropping points - they both have looked a bit off lately. Hopefully we can overtake both of them soon.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Would love it if you could include OGS in the overrated goal scoring sub list.

haram

They both have 6 league goals and Lacazette has played more minutes than Lukaku this season. That’s with Lukaku playing poorly and Arsenal being above United in the league.

If you want to include last season then Lukaku of the previous year was better than anything Lacazette has shown in England so far.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
6th best squad in the league and we are 5th fighting for the Champions League atm. The people who thought we could do more are deluded. The real test is gonna be next season, when hopefully Emery can build his own team.