Arsenal 2020/21 - General Discussion

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
6th gets them normal europa still dosen't it? Yeah it's 7th no team bar perhaps Everton really want as that just seems a pointless competition with no CL if you win it.

I can certainly see them finishing above Spurs and Everton just looking at the fixtures all three have on final day but West Ham should still be top 6 although they're choking a fair bit.
They’ll finish 7th. It’s written in the stars.

EDIT: Just seen that West Ham have equalised. Here we go.

Ludens the Red

Even more special will be throwing themselves on the Conference grenade when you bear in mind which other team is currently most at risk of that shameful outcome.
The two peak modern day football banter clubs competing for a spot in the conference league. It is very fitting.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
UEFA would be over the moon if Arsenal ended up in this conference league malarky.
Can't wait to see the prize money for this. Might be bigger value to forfeit every game than book the plane and the hotels.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Is Europa FC just some specially created Uefa team of workers for this new competition?:lol:

Reminds me of playing virtua striker on the dreamcast and if you win all the games you get to play one of the special teams on it, FC Sega (playing in the early 2000s Australia kit) who keep on falling over the ball and stuff.

gorky_utd

I hope arsenal qualifies. Do the winners get automatic qualification to europa league next season :D ?

gorky_utd

From signing Leo M to getting a chance to play against puskas next season. Things are looking great for Arsenal.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Qualified teams so far. Arsenals potential opponents. Exciting times ahead

I recognise one of these names. They play in the park, jumpers for goalposts, behind my local corner shop. My dog sometimes works for them as a ball boy.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Union vs Arsenal in the Conference League, holy feck I will need to get my hands on some tickets for this

BorisManUtd

Most of these teams that will enter Conference League are unknown to us, but there will be few very good teams that should win the competition. Tottenham or Arsenal from England; Roma, Villareal/Betis/Real Sociedad; Lens, Vitesse/Feyenoord.. I think Mourinho vs Spurs or Arsenal final has to happen :lol:

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What do our resident Arsenal fans think about Willock? Outscored every Chelsea player in the league this season. Surely he'll get a chance to really establish himself next season?

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
What do our resident Arsenal fans think about Willock? Outscored every Chelsea player in the league this season. Surely he'll get a chance to really establish himself next season?
He deserves a chance. His main issue at Arsenal will probably be the formation we play. He seems to suit the 433 formation, as this almost allows him to be the spare man in midfield & bomb forward. Hes a bit similar to Aaron Ramsey the way he arrives late in the box.

Problem for him will be if we continue to play 4231, as he doesn't really get on the ball enough just yet in the double pivot, & it also takes away from what he's best at. I'd imagine the formation Arteta decides might dictate whether he makes it at Arsenal or not.

always_hoping

Arsenal are fairly consistent back to back 8 place finishes. Don't know if they are coming or going under Arteta

TheReligion

Abusive
My dog sometimes works for them as a ball boy.
Is he treated fairly and on equal footing with other colleagues?

I'm not having your dog discriminated against on my watch. I've got friends in the Union (not Berlin or the student one)