Arsenal 2020/21 - General Discussion

Frank Sinatra Fan

Arsenal had 9% of ball possession in the second half. 0 shots in it. 1 in the entire match, but off-target. 19% of ball possession in the match as a whole. City had 25 shots in the match, 10 on target. City had 14 corners, Arsenal had none.

Arsenal is truly Wile E. Coyote from the Looney Tunes! Like the Coyote, hilarious and tragic at the same time! I feel for Arsenal fans.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Unacceptable for a team of their pedigree. Sad. That backline is one of the worst in the Prem alongside Norwich. Hanley wouldn't be out of place in it.

Funnily enough, they play really well against United. At least they have since Arteta started his tenure.

BulgarianDevil91

I've said it before, will say it again - watching Arsenal only frustrates me because we don't play them soon enough. By the time our game comes watch them being a completely different team and fight for their lives.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
They had a poor start against Brentford and had the misfortune to play the two teams who are the favourites for the titles this season.
Arteta may steady the team as he did last season when they went into a nosedive.
They will most likely end up mid table end of the season.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Arsenal had 9% of ball possession in the second half. 0 shots in it. 1 in the entire match, but off-target. 19% of ball possession in the match as a whole. City had 25 shots in the match, 10 on target. City had 14 corners, Arsenal had none.

Arsenal is truly Wile E. Coyote from the Looney Tunes! Like the Coyote, hilarious and tragic at the same time! I feel for Arsenal fans.
Please tell me you're only joking about the second half 9% possession

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Three shots and non on target today. City had 25 shots with 20 on target. We all know Arteta’s days are numbered but who do they get in?

greatscott9930

Supports
St. Louis City Soccer Club
While I typically enjoy Arsenal's misery, I have to say I feel sorry for Arsenal fans because they have one of the worst sports owners in the world in Kroenke. I live in the St. Louis area, and he is absolutely hated here for fraudulently stealing the St. Louis Rams from the city. For years he purposely sabotaged the team to drive down attendance so he could move the Rams to Los Angeles. He is being sued for his actions and has lost every case along the way. To this day, St. Louis Blues fans chant "Kroenke sucks" from the stands every time the Colorado Avalanche play here (Kroenke owns them too). He's an absolute scumbag of an owner and I wouldn't wish him on anyone (well maybe Liverpool or City).

Given his sabotage attempts with the Rams, I wouldn't rule it out for Arsenal. Really do hope they get a decent owner at some point.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Saw this comment on Reddit

You know what's the craziest part?
In a window where Messi, Ramos, Donarumma, Hakimi, Wijnaldum go to PSG
Lukaku Koundé go to Chelsea
Grealish goes to to City
Memphis, Aguero go to Barca
Sancho, Varane, Cristiano come to UTD.
The biggest spenders are still Arsenal.

It's crazy isn't it :lol:

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Sad to see the state of Arse. Guess this is what happens when your annual objective is to secure CL qualification and it's lauded as some sort of achievement. It can only be downhill from there as these lot are finding out now.

monosierra

Sad to see the state of Arse. Guess this is what happens when your annual objective is to secure CL qualification and it's lauded as some sort of achievement. It can only be downhill from there as these lot are finding out now.
Indeed, mediocrity perpetuates itself in a vicious cycle. With all due respect to Arsenal's success in the 90s/00s, they never had the cache that the biggest clubs such as us, Real, Barca, Juve etc enjoyed. Its a deadly quagmire that we also have to battle with, though thank goodness United seem to be on an upward trajectory.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The defending for the goals today.. how on earth can that happen.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Saw this comment on Reddit

You know what's the craziest part?
In a window where Messi, Ramos, Donarumma, Hakimi, Wijnaldum go to PSG
Lukaku Koundé go to Chelsea
Grealish goes to to City
Memphis, Aguero go to Barca
Sancho, Varane, Cristiano come to UTD.
The biggest spenders are still Arsenal.

It's crazy isn't it :lol:
Not really considering over half of those are free transfers

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal
Chambers, Kolasinac, Holding and Cedric.
Winterburn, Adams, bould, Dixon. From one of the best back fours in English football to this. I don’t expect a similar level of quality after 20 years but this is like going from a royals Royce to a 1980’s Skoda

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Jokes apart, they still have a good team enough to make that top 8.

Auba is still one of the brilliant finishers.
Saka and Pepe on wings is better than most teams outside of top 6.
Odegaard, Partey and Xakha isn't bad as a midfield trio.
Tierney is one of the finest lbs.

After that it's quite a bit of meh. Can't believe they wasted money on White, Gabriel and still need a right back. Wastes another 25 on a backup keeper. Not saying White is bad but they needed a Dunk to stabilize the defence but they got White instead.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Must say that this has become really sad to see. Genuinely feel sorry for them. Utter shambles.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Winterburn, Adams, bould, Dixon. From one of the best back fours in English football to this. I don’t expect a similar level of quality after 20 years but this is like going from a royals Royce to a 1980’s Skoda
White and Tierney are good players.

But to spend 30m for Ramsdale instead for another CB was very stupid.

Saka, Smith-Rowe and Odegaard are good too but too young for the CL level.

Partey must be fit.....i would love him at Old Trafford.

Aubameyang, Nketiah and Balogun will give you goals.....Lacazette must leave.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
It is a real possibility that the next manager will be worse than Arteta.