Arsenal 2021/22 | PLEASE LOCK (SERIOUSLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
So what will become of Arse this season?

Is there any reason for Arse fans to be optimistic?

Will Arteta be there by the end of the season?

Will they cost us points again?

They've signed Nuno Taveres and Lokonga so far.

Jaxa

I genuinely expect Arsenal to do an Arsenal,

Probably start decent, hit a decent bit of form somewhere in the season but ultimately will finish 6th at best,

They wont come close to Us, City, Pool, Chelsea or Leicester. The best they can fight for is the who has the biggest d*** in North London trophy with Spurs .

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Proper insignificant club now, only keeping what tiny bit of relevance they have due to a YouTube fan channel known for the weekly meltdowns when the side has lost another game

I mean that sums Arsenal up perfectly does it not? :lol:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
They should be aiming for top 5. If they finish below 6th, I think both Arteta and Edu are not doing a good job at all especially for 3 in a rows to finish below 6th is not good enough.

r1z3mu

In my opinion they are 6th or 7th place team. They were so bad last year that impossible to get any worse. They will improve but marginally. Arteta will be gone by November.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
They will become the greatest team of all time, in The Championship!

Threesus

If they add Ben white and James Maddison and if Auba finds his form and Pepe can contribute decently, I think they can push for the CL places.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
If they add Ben white and James Maddison and if Auba finds his form and Pepe can contribute decently, I think they can push for the CL places.
In short if their players start performing? No
shit

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal

So this will be a thread I'll be spending a lot of time in deflecting flak. :wenger:

You know my posts so far, I'm an optimist, as long as we get a few more deals over the line, (vital a centre midfielder to replace Xhaka, & an attacking midfielder of some sort).

I'm hoping that puts us in a decent place to start the season.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
So this will be a thread I'll be spending a lot of time in deflecting flak. :wenger:

You know my posts so far, I'm an optimist, as long as we get a few more deals over the line, (vital a centre midfielder to replace Xhaka, & an attacking midfielder of some sort).

You always start the season top of the table so that's sorted.

Mihai

You can have Matic and Pereira :D

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm hoping they absolutely implode so the All or Nothing doc is worth it.

CallyRed

Watched the 2004 'Keane v Vieira tunnel bust up' match yesterday, ah the good old days.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Posted in the White thread but they’re fecked if they don’t get at least EL this season with all this spending they’re doing.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
5th. I think they'll be closer to the top 4 though ,depending if they continue to bring in decent players.

Maddison would be a key signing if that goes through though.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
They have quite some good players, I think they have a better squad than Spurs at the very least.

In stead of signing these B-rank players, I think it would be much more useful for them to just go after Aouar. And I wonder if Saka can play in midfieldm A front 6 of Aouar, Partey, Saka, Pepe, Aubameyang, Laca/Martinelli/Smith Rowe would be up there in the league.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
They have quite some good players, I think they have a better squad than Spurs at the very least.

In stead of signing these B-rank players, I think it would be much more useful for them to just go after Aouar. And I wonder if Saka can play in midfieldm A front 6 of Aouar, Partey, Saka, Pepe, Aubameyang, Laca/Martinelli/Smith Rowe would be up there in the league.
Really? I don't think they're anywhere near that good. I think the current player quality gap is something like:

City
-
Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool
---
Leicester
-------
Spurs / Arsenal

I think Arsenal have better young players but assuming Spurs keep Kane and Son, I'd still take their side over Arsenals.

jus2nang

Supports
Arsenal

6th-10th.

No reasons to be optimistic.

Probably.

Hopefully.

Meh.

GlasgowCeltic

Surely won't be long until Saka wants CL football, especially after sampling real big time football this summer

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
7th. Wild celebrations that we see on Amazon of the players dancing and crying in the dressing room after clinching a Europa conference spot after a 0-0 draw with Burnley. Arteta yelling out that FC Zimbru, Linfield and the rest better watch out next season

RUCK4444

Proper insignificant club now, only keeping what tiny bit of relevance they have due to a YouTube fan channel known for the weekly meltdowns when the side has lost another game

I mean that sums Arsenal up perfectly does it not? :lol:
Such a brutal post :lol:

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
This thread is just going to be full of green smileys, isn't it? :(

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Posted in the White thread but they’re fecked if they don’t get at least EL this season with all this spending they’re doing.
Is that what you guys are suffering just now after your last 2 years spending?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Why, in what way? That we won't spend again?
because if I am being honest we have been a ‘mid table’ club for 20+ years now with the expectations to be challenging for EL but if we don’t make it, it isn’t the end of the world. Due to this the players we can attract are levelled to that. Arsenal still have big objectives and a little bit of pulling power for bigger talents but it won’t last forever with continuously poor performances. Spending big and having nothing to say for it will mean that you’ll find it hard to pull those big players in for the money if you don’t have any and if your league position isn’t suggestive of a side that can give them what they need for less money.

AshRK

Why, in what way? That we won't spend again?
I don't know about Everton's wage structure but pretty sure you guys have bigger wage bill than them. You guys definitely need european football, preferably CL. This is an important season for you lot, no european football so definitely Top 4 should be a priority. Poor or average start to the season, surely Arteta cannot be excused any further.

Sea-Cow

They won't have to worry about mid-week games so I think they can do a little better than what most are saying here.

I can see them finishing in 4th or 5th.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Arsenal fans at work still think top 4 is doable. Their delusion is higher than Liverpool fans.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
They won't have to worry about mid-week games so I think they can do a little better than what most are saying here.

I can see them finishing in 4th or 5th.
No European midweek games will do wonders for them, agreed.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
No European midweek games will do wonders for them, agreed.
I disagree. Arsenals issue isn't depth, it's first-team quality. Being out of Europe only really helps when you have a very strong 11 and a weak squad where you cant afford to rotate. Arsenal simply have an average squad with a poor manager.

It all depends, so far they haven’t improved their starting 11 from last season. White is not an upgrade on Luiz and the new kid they signed is not an upgrade on Xhaka.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
The belief is that the spotify guy has made a standing offer of 1.7bn or thereabouts, so Kroenke is making a last hurrah to see if he can propel Arsenal back to CL places, and if not he'll take the offer and exit.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
The belief is that the spotify guy has made a standing offer of 1.7bn or thereabouts, so Kroenke is making a last hurrah to see if he can propel Arsenal back to CL places, and if not he'll take the offer and exit.
If it becomes the case that they sack Arteta, i wonder if they will give it another go by hiring Conte or another available big manager or if they will give up.
There is still something that can be done with that group. The end of this transfer window will be key though.
White, Maddison, a CM and a starting RB are necessary. But that's close to 180/200M, we'd need every deal to be structured very favourably ala Ben White.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
because if I am being honest we have been a ‘mid table’ club for 20+ years now with the expectations to be challenging for EL but if we don’t make it, it isn’t the end of the world. Due to this the players we can attract are levelled to that. Arsenal still have big objectives and a little bit of pulling power for bigger talents but it won’t last forever with continuously poor performances. Spending big and having nothing to say for it will mean that you’ll find it hard to pull those big players in for the money if you don’t have any and if your league position isn’t suggestive of a side that can give them what they need for less money.
I get your thinking on part, but we don't really sign the top players anyway. It's not like we are out there competing for the Varanes & the like. Plus, we know in the background that if it doesn't work under this ownership, then there's 1 trying their hardest to get in.

I don't know about Everton's wage structure but pretty sure you guys have bigger wage bill than them. You guys definitely need european football, preferably CL. This is an important season for you lot, no european football so definitely Top 4 should be a priority. Poor or average start to the season, surely Arteta cannot be excused any further.
Yeah, our wage structure was defo bigger than Evertons. We defo want & need European football, but not sure its do or we're fecked scenario for the club. For Arteta, yeah.
I disagree. Arsenals issue isn't depth, it's first-team quality. Being out of Europe only really helps when you have a very strong 11 and a weak squad where you cant afford to rotate. Arsenal simply have an average squad with a poor manager.
I don't quite get the thinking that it's exclusive & not linked. Surely if you have some good players that have fitness issues like Tierney, Partey Smith-Rowe etc, & you have less games, more rest, less chance of injuries & more chance of playing your better players in the league games, that helps you?

Status
Not open for further replies.